• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best version of Sorry , was from Australia, 2010

Nope.

My video from Sydney is better:

:shades:

Gotta agree with high voltage in this one.

to be fair, I said Australia, and just chose adelaide as its pretty good quality, but yes, sydney was unbeatable :P

Edited by Gunns

Jesus Christ that vocal on Sorry is some weak-ass shit. I literally couldn't bare to watch past the weak, thin, powerless, clean way he sings 'You've got all the answers.'

Go listen to the staggeringly amazing vocals on the brilliant 2010 London show and tell me it's a good idea to release this.

Everyone apart from nutjob volcano62 agrees in the VMAs thread that that performance was an abortion. The only thing better about his vocals here is that he isn't blown up the whole time.

I'm embarassed to think anyone is going to see this. I have no problem with him saving his voice but Fucking hell, Axl, if you know the show is being filmed for a fucking HD release then bring your A-Game.

I hate Sorry (as a song), even the studio version. But as far as the rest goes. I loved this London show, even though there's only a couple of songs where Axl put in some effort and rasp in it. Jungle, Better, Shacklers and this i love were very cool!

I love Sorry, which is why I love the even stronger vocals he put into it at London 2010.

Shacklers London 2012 is ok but they should take out the deep backing vocals for the release.

I watched the first 2 hours last night. Better than I expected! Really wanted to go to a show, honestly I haven't had that feeling for a while.

LOVE the way Axl sings the chorus of Shacklers! One error and a big one! Sometimes you can't hear Bumblefoot's guitar during solos.

I can't believe people are saying how great Axl sounds. The first song I listened to was Jungle and about 30 seconds into it he is already struggling for breath.

And the constant cutting to different scenes every few seconds is annoying. Somebody should have told the producer that this wasn't an 80s music video.

And the DJ hulk hogan crap is really not needed.

On the positive side...........the band sounds fantastic live. These guys are great musicians and do play the hell out of the songs live. Not the same vibe as the original band, the guys who created the majority of the music. Back in the the day, the band and the concerts were more gritty and raw. Today's band is more polished and gives a more polished performance. Both groups have their advantages and disadvantages.

But nobody can really say that this current group doesn't put on a heck of a show. They sound great.

Hopefully someday Axl and Beta give the current band the chance to shine on their own. A chance to leave their imprint on the GnR name.

CD songs sounded great, it's like Axl put in extra effort for those songs. This I Love sounded better than ever

Incorrect:

That's a great performance of This I Love, too. So?

I think some people believe so strongly in their opinion that they forget it is just an opinion, not a matter of right and wrong, correct or incorrect.

Ali

Gosh...how can anyone say that this video is good? Axl sounds awful. It wasn't all good in 2010, far from it. Axl is always hit and miss and that's also what keep things interesting.

Get your ears fixed yo.

No clue what you're referring to.

Ali