Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck, i've only just found out this footage is actually available! So happy!

Right now i dont have time to look through nearly 30 pages, but is that 'wowow' one the best quality? And it's bloody massive?

What is the quality of the 3.24gb one?

Edited by OJones90

I watched the first 2 hours last night. Better than I expected! Really wanted to go to a show, honestly I haven't had that feeling for a while.

LOVE the way Axl sings the chorus of Shacklers! One error and a big one! Sometimes you can't hear Bumblefoot's guitar during solos.

Yeah I noticed Bumble's solo was low and panned pretty hard. That sucks but I enjoyed hearing the other gtr parts in the mix more also.

Is the WOWOW version seriously 21.5gb?

yes it is

yes it is

Fuck! That's huge. Too huge for a 2.5 hour video. Why is it so big?

I'm just about at my monthly download limit so ill have to wait until next month to get it.

It's downloading in Axl time though... Been downloading for 2 hours and Im at 4%

Been downloading for almost 8 hours now and I'm at 12% lol... I might actually give up on this.

seeds 1, leechers: 72

lol

Edited by Jeez

What's the audio in the wowow version? Still 2.0?

For 21.5GB this shit better have DTS-MA.

I heard that it's only 2 Channel. I don't understand why bands don't release their Blu Rays as DTS-MA 7.1. It shits me. Even Metallica's latest Quebec Magnetic BR is only 5.1. I have a 7.1 surround sound which is only ever utilised to its full potential when I watch The Avengers.

This is for the 21.5 GB version:

Video:

ID : 576 (0x240)

Menu ID : 192 (0xC0)

Format : MPEG Video

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : Main@High

Format settings, BVOP : Yes

Format settings, Matrix : Custom

Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15

Codec ID : 2

Duration : 2h 20mn

Bit rate mode : Variable

Bit rate : 20.7 Mbps

Maximum bit rate : 24.0 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate : 29.970 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Interlaced

Scan order : Top Field First

Compression mode : Lossy

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.333

Stream size : 20.3 GiB (94%)

Audio:

ID : 577 (0x241)

Menu ID : 192 (0xC0)

Format : AAC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec

Format version : Version 2

Format profile : LC

Muxing mode : ADTS

Codec ID : 15

Duration : 2h 20mn

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 192 Kbps

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel positions : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Compression mode : Lossy

Delay relative to video : -320ms

Stream size : 193 MiB (1%)

I heard that it's only 2 Channel. I don't understand why bands don't release their Blu Rays as DTS-MA 7.1. It shits me. Even Metallica's latest Quebec Magnetic BR is only 5.1. I have a 7.1 surround sound which is only ever utilised to its full potential when I watch The Avengers.

lol

lol

What's funny about that? It's true that too many releases are still reliant on 5.1. Of all the BD's in my collection, all that are 6.1 or 7.1 are Star Wars and Prometheus. There's no reason modern concert videos should be 5.1 audio.

How are the torrents going when it comes to seeders?

the 3+gb version very well seeded. here it is:

http://www.gunsnrose...1bb125ffd6dd56f

currently has seeds: seeds 96, leechers: 26 = 122 peers with high speeds

the 20+GB version has seeds: 1, leechers: 76 = 77 peers with VERY low speed for everyone I am at 16% and only getting about 100kb/s on my intense speed seedbox (capable of over 50mb/s). Once I get the whole thing it will fly but the swarm is too big right now with only one seeder so will take a long time to get.

this is the 20+gb version

http://www.gunsnrose...3778e70821c66eb

but would suit most well to wait really for the seeders to start

Edited by gunsguy

lol

What's funny about that? It's true that too many releases are still reliant on 5.1. Of all the BD's in my collection, all that are 6.1 or 7.1 are Star Wars and Prometheus. There's no reason modern concert videos should be 5.1 audio.

they should, u can get the atmosphere even better, u r saying that there's no reason that concert blurays have 5.1 audio, so then it would be just stereo (2 channel), thats old for something like a bluray, they are made for "perfect" video and sound, they should use all of their capabilities, a dl-bluray disc can hold up to 50gb, they hold kinda everything. modern concert br's are about image and sound quality.

Hopefully someone with a lot of encoding experience can re-encode these to make them smaller. There are tons of 1080p movies on piratebay that come in at like 1.3 gb for a full movie... this film should be less than 2 gb.

for 1080P? No fucking way under 2gb. Most 1080p mkv files are around 5gb depending on duration if you want smaller your getting 720p or a bad encode with low bitrate. Then again what you want with pirate bay. Use a private tracker for real quality

Edited by gunsguy

Hopefully someone with a lot of encoding experience can re-encode these to make them smaller. There are tons of 1080p movies on piratebay that come in at like 1.3 gb for a full movie... this film should be less than 2 gb.

for 1080P? No fucking way under 2gb. Most 1080p mkv files are around 5gb depending on duration if you want smaller your getting 720p or a bad encode with low bitrate. Then again what you want with pirate bay. Use a private tracker for real quality

Yes fucking way under 2 gb, go look at YIFY rips on piratebay. I used to be on demonoid but honestly TPB has way more and the quality is fine (if not better considering you think a 1080p movie requires 5 gbLOL)

lol

they should, u can get the atmosphere even better, u r saying that there's no reason that concert blurays have 5.1 audio, so then it would be just stereo (2 channel), thats old for something like a bluray, they are made for "perfect" video and sound, they should use all of their capabilities, a dl-bluray disc can hold up to 50gb, they hold kinda everything. modern concert br's are about image and sound quality.

It's a pain in the arse. I was pretty pissed off when WTTV was released on DVD in stereo sound. They could have at least updated it to 5.1. I am being unrealistically hopeful that the Vegas 3D BR will be in 7.1. If it's not I will not be surprised but I will probably still whinge about it. haha.

The quality of the 02 Screener is pretty awesome, though. The only complaint I have (aside from the 7.1 stuff I had a sook about earlier) is during Rocket Queen there seems to be a strange noise coming from Frank's ride cymbal. It sounds as though the mic is touching the cymbal. Oh and the lack of cow bell in the mix is kind of annoying too.

lol

It's a pain in the arse. I was pretty pissed off when WTTV was released on DVD in stereo sound. They could have at least updated it to 5.1. I am being unrealistically hopeful that the Vegas 3D BR will be in 7.1. If it's not I will not be surprised but I will probably still whinge about it. haha.

The quality of the 02 Screener is pretty awesome, though. The only complaint I have (aside from the 7.1 stuff I had a sook about earlier) is during Rocket Queen there seems to be a strange noise coming from Frank's ride cymbal. It sounds as though the mic is touching the cymbal. Oh and the lack of cow bell in the mix is kind of annoying too.

wttv can be acceptable because its older, but now we are with more capable technologies that makes this things easily possible without loosing space, money or something. Yeah now i notted that on RQ, sometimes the cymbal "sound" is louder and distracting.