The General, Atlas, Goin Down... aren't even up for discussion in Australia.

Guest NGOG

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/no-illusions-necessary-20130315-2g5p8.html

-

You're going to hear the hits, cool, deeper cuts, and some new stuff.

By new songs, I was referring to songs from Chinese Democracy, Reed hastily clarifies. I dont think well be trying out any new material but, you never know, anything could happen.

-

There you go. Senior members of the band still consider 'new material' to entail the songs on Chinese Democracy. The band, obviously under the instruction of Axl, are playing to the generic concert audience, with little to no consideration for the hardcore Chinese Democracy fanbase. The debut of new songs is a distant possibility. That's the reality.

I'm not complaining, I'll see GN'R when they drop by. But the fact is we aren't getting any closer to the phrase 'This a new song' and people either need to embrace that or give up.

Edited by NGOG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah 4 and a half year old releases aren't new Dizzy... and you played em in 2009. Don't use the word new.

By deeper cuts he prob means Estranged and Civil War right?

I understand where he's coming from when he uses the expression 'new' to describe the Chinese Democracy songs. Those songs are still relatively new in the sense that most people declined to give them a chance. Also, there are certain songs from Chinese played more sporadically, unlike the staples from that album like the title track or more recently, Catcher.

Reed's comments would be more buyable if GN'R were making a concerted effort to force the record into the live environment. And four Chinese songs a show doesn't exactly constitute that. It's almost like Axl doesn't even like his own record anymore, but in vein promotes it anyway.

Why are people so obsessed with what they have not got?

If the songs were complete they'd be out..

Because Axl talked those songs up so much until 2009 when he done a complete U-turn and suddenly became disinterested in the topic. As I said, it's like his passion for that direction of material, the stuff done with Bucket and co, stopped.

Complete songs doesn't result in immediate release. That's a very naïve view of the industry.

There you go. Senior members of the band still consider 'new material' to entail the songs on Chinese Democracy. The band, obviously under the instruction of Axl, are playing to the generic concert audience, with little to no consideration for the hardcore Chinese Democracy fanbase. The debut of new songs is a distant possibility. That's the reality.

Did you just realize this?

In Axl's own twisted time scale he must believe that CD is indeed a new record...

I'm happy with the 'greatest hits' setlist being played in the recent shows, just don't understand why Axl chooses to cover a song like 'The seeker' instead of playing more UYI songs that everyone would relate to and love...

Chinese wasn't promoted the way it should.

It was a bomb when it was released and people did buy it. but It could have been bigger if promoted enough.

And I think this band today is a stable band, before guys were coming and going and it wasn't a band. but ever since 2009 this band has kept a stable course.

Got on stage on time! this band hasn't had a line-up change since Dj Ashba joined. theya re rocking out all over the world and people are getting to know the songs from the latest album. And it's still time to promote that and tour on it.

Money is in touring right now, since album sales are just really down low.

Yeah to people who have kept by Axl since the break up (Post 96) we know most of the songs.

since 2001 they have been touring songs like, Street of Dreams, Chinese democracy, Rhiad, Madagascar, and since 06 added I.R.S, Twat, Better and even on the 2001-02 tours he played prostitute and the 06-07 tours.

so We the guys and girls who have been on gnr's side ever since know the songs word for word.

but a lot of people beside the 10 guys and girls standing in front do not know which songs they are playing when they do play chinese democracy songs.

So it's great to see that a lot of songs have become a stable in the set since 09-10-11-12-13

and people are getting to know them and singing along to them.