Bumblefoot vs. Slash

Vincent Vega

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slash!
I've seen a lot of guitarists an bands over the years, but just few people can come close to Slash. It's not just his playing, but the whole performance. Simply, he looks cool with his guitar - cooler than any other guitar player. It's about his moving around the stage, his playing, his attitude... He can just stand on the stage and is still, well, Slash. His presence itself is enough to steal the show.
And there are not a lot of people with such a "carisma" (well, Axl is one of them).

:lol: :lol:

Slash is better at blues rock and at writing for GnR.

We can't say that, can we? :lol: if at least Axl gave Ron a chance to write something...

Well, I mean, I really love the Shackler's Revenge solo, for the same reasons I love BBF, but there is no denying that something like the Estranged solo or the third NR solo left more of an impact in the collective memories ;)

It's true that it's a flawed comparison since there are no BBF penned GnR songs to be heard but even though I love BBF's songwriting, I'm not sure he's the right guy to complement Axl's voice, just like Guthrie Govan would probably not be the best guy to write a song with Tom Waits ( while Marc Ribot is ).

Yes, I know what you mean. But I'd love to see what Ron can do with Axl, just like Bucket wasn't the "right" guy but came up with nice songs and solos. Yes, it's true that it was not the GnR we used to know and love, but I loved as much. It's up to Axl, and even though Ron probably wouldn't come up with something more "dirty" like Jungle, if the band worked on lets say "Invisible" I'd be delighted - a little bit more of a "complex" yet angry and grungy song, with nice tempo changes and crossing genres - I mean, I love how the song goes from a more grunge oriented with a few metal inspired vocals to a bluesy ending with screaming vocals and fretless riffing.

While GnR is known as a 80's hard rock band, I loved the way they followed the illusions with CD. Bucket's weird songwriting complemented Axl too well in Shackler's in my books and it's probably my fav CD song - that one and Catcher.

I feel that Ron can go both ways - the Catfight way and the Mafalda way :lol: Ron can follow up CD amazingly with Axl, I'm sure. But then again there's DJ Ashba and that's where I start getting really worried.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the criteria here? Technicality, songwriting, talent, guitars, GNR or personality?

Technically Bumblefoot is by far superior to Slash. Slash edges the songwriting department on the basis of old GNR however Normal is more meaningful than anything Slash has done post-Snakepit. Talent wise Bumblefoot's grasp on guitars and notes is simply phenomenal and he's an old hand at production; then you compare that to Slash's riffs. Difficult one. Bumblefoot is the better live GNR player but overall Slash has been more important to GNR. I easily prefer the person of Bumble to Slash.