Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Another great set of songs. But a lot of rehearsed songs need Mick Taylor... and he's still not there yet.

Who do you think needs to practice Rambler? They'll run it once at sound check and be fine. They also haven't rehearsed Satisfaction or You Can't Always Get What You want yet - you afraid those two wont make the set?

Another great set of songs. But a lot of rehearsed songs need Mick Taylor... and he's still not there yet.

Who do you think needs to practice Rambler? They'll run it once at sound check and be fine. They also haven't rehearsed Satisfaction or You Can't Always Get What You want yet - you afraid those two wont make the set?

Not just Rambler... As you can see, they've also rehearsed Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Love In Vain, Silver Train, etc.

I know they won't probably even play every song from those rehearsals on the tour and Taylor will play 2-3 songs per show, but anyway - it's nice to see him on the stage with the Stones and I hope we will see him on some other songs too.

Not just Rambler... As you can see, they've also rehearsed Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Love In Vain, Silver Train, etc.

I know they won't probably even play every song from those rehearsals on the tour and Taylor will play 2-3 songs per show, but anyway - it's nice to see him on the stage with the Stones and I hope we will see him on some other songs too.

I'd go nuts if I was ever at a show with Mick Taylor on Love in Vain!

And I totally forgot how great of a tune Out of Control is. There are a lot of underrated tracks on Bridges to Babylon

I'd go nuts if I was ever at a show with Mick Taylor on Love in Vain!

And I totally forgot how great of a tune Out of Control is. There are a lot of underrated tracks on Bridges to Babylon

bridges to babylon is their best album post-tattoo you, full of good tunes, especially the 3 sung by keith

"Historical" moment as THE ROLLING STONES rehearsed WITHOUT Keith Richards (he's back to London as he's having a grand-child from what I've heard) and WITH Mick Taylor.

They had trouble rehearsing a couple of songs as there was only one guitar on some songs but when Mick Taylor started playing it was awsome.
Difficult to say on which songs Mick played exactly or if Pierre de Beauport helped them out on a couple of songs but when Mick was taking lead it was as if we were in 1969.

SETLIST DAY 5:
1) Silver Train
2) Ventilator Blues (intro only)
3) Sway ( several attempt -4 or5)
4) Get out of my cloud
5) Let it bleed
6) Live with me ( with false start)
7) Respectable
------
8) Angie (?)
9) Street of love (x2)
----
10) She's so cold
--------
11) Heartbreaker (x2)
12) Can't you hear me knocking ( fantastic version, sounded like on the original album)
13) D&G
14) Emotional Rescue
15) Moonlight Mile (x2)
16) Shine a light

DSC04582copie.jpg

Source: http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_7.html

Edited by Daedalus

"Historical" moment as THE ROLLING STONES rehearsed WITHOUT Keith Richards (he's back to London as he's having a grand-child from what I've heard) and WITH Mick Taylor.

They had trouble rehearsing a couple of songs as there was only one guitar on some songs but when Mick Taylor started playing it was awsome.

Difficult to say on which songs Mick played exactly or if Pierre de Beauport helped them out on a couple of songs but when Mick was taking lead it was as if we were in 1969.

SETLIST DAY 5:

1) Silver Train

2) Ventilator Blues (intro only)

3) Sway ( several attempt -4 or5)

4) Get out of my cloud

5) Let it bleed

6) Live with me ( with false start)

7) Respectable

------

8) Angie (?)

9) Street of love (x2)

----

10) She's so cold

--------

11) Heartbreaker (x2)

12) Can't you hear me knocking ( fantastic version, sounded like on the original album)

13) D&G

14) Emotional Rescue

15) Moonlight Mile (x2)

16) Shine a light

Source: http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_7.html

Holy fuck, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that. Did Taylor play on Moonlight Mile and Shine a Light

I would honestly be happy if I saw the Stones and they played that exact set (I heard the hits once, bring on the rest!)

Jesus, so many good tunes being rehearsed...

Edited by ZoSoRose

I believe it is

here is today's rehersal

Slipping away 3x
happy
before they make me run
tumbling dice
all down the line
bitch
brown sugar (many failed starts)
worried about you 2x
---break---
moonlight mile 2x
silver train 2x
can't you hear me knocking
---break---
rocks off
loving cup 2x
gimme shelter
---break---
out of control
---break---
streets of love 3x
You can't always get what You want

Seems Keef is back, too

And don't freak out, folks but it seems Mick Taylor is being integrated into most of the numbers!

I believe it is

here is today's rehersal

Slipping away 3x

happy

before they make me run

tumbling dice

all down the line

bitch

brown sugar (many failed starts)

worried about you 2x

---break---

moonlight mile 2x

silver train 2x

can't you hear me knocking

---break---

rocks off

loving cup 2x

gimme shelter

---break---

out of control

---break---

streets of love 3x

You can't always get what You want

Seems Keef is back, too

And don't freak out, folks but it seems Mick Taylor is being integrated into most of the numbers!

lolwut. They've only been playing Brown Sugar for 44 years.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

*waves arms around*

ron-paul.gif

Day 7

1) Till the Next Goodbye (x2)

2) Paint It Black

3) Shattered

4) Honky Tonk Women

5) Emotional Rescue

6) Beast of Burden

7) Get Off My Cloud

8) If You Can't Rock Me (x2)

9) Some Girls

10) Love In Vain (x2)

11) She Was Hot

12) Midnight Rambler

-----

13) Live With Me

14) When The Whip Comes Down

-----

15) Streets Of Love

-----

16) Fool To Cry

Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fisher and Bobby Keys are in Paris too.

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_11.html

Today they rehearsed All Down The Line, The Last Time, Silver Train, Let's Spend The Night Together... Full setilst here:

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_12.html

would like to hear their current version of Sway...never thought they pulled it off well live...maybe Taylor should be given the reigns for that one