Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Ive seen Charlie is my Darling but not this new release, is there extra stuff to it?

On amazon they mention different cuts of the movie but since I never had a copy of this before I have no idea if it differs from what you had seen... :shrugs: .....I am guessing the video and audio is cleaner and if you get the box set you get a CD of live stuff from the Irish tour and another which as the soundtrack from the movie which gives you songs from different shows.

I bought the box without the vinyl, which I now regret, like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Darling-Ireland-Limited-Edition/dp/B009186E3O/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1392586071&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=charlie+is+my+darling+deluxe+box+set

Last time Beast of Burden, Honky Tonk Woman and Let's Spend the Night Together were banned so I'm hoping for Memory Motel or Rocks Off.

Are you actually from China? I never really believed it, so I just ran an IP check :lol:
I'm just passing through really. Last time mick said wouldn't want to corrupt any xpats and their girlfriends. I'm not hundred percent the show will happen. Aerosmith cancelled.

Last time Beast of Burden, Honky Tonk Woman and Let's Spend the Night Together were banned so I'm hoping for Memory Motel or Rocks Off.

Are you actually from China? I never really believed it, so I just ran an IP check :lol:
I'm just passing through really. Last time mick said wouldn't want to corrupt any xpats and their girlfriends. I'm not hundred percent the show will happen. Aerosmith cancelled.

Aerosmith has never played China before though, right? The Stones have been there, so at least they know what they're getting themselves into.

Aerosmith has never played China before though, right? The Stones have been there, so at least they know what they're getting themselves into.
All they have to do is drop which ever songs they are asked to. Although Aero booked the big football stadium in mid summer. It was going to be sultry. Metallica at the same time booked and sold out the Mercedes Benz Arena for two nights. They had to drop One to play. Maybe Aero will come to play the Arena.

My only worry is Stones wont sell enough tickets to fill 18k arena.

All they have to do is drop which ever songs they are asked to. Although Aero booked the big football stadium in mid summer. It was going to be sultry. Metallica at the same time booked and sold out the Mercedes Benz Arena for two nights. They had to drop One to play. Maybe Aero will come to play the Arena.

How big was the venue in '06?

This show is in Shanghai. Eagles and Metallic filled the NBA type arena.

How big was the venue in '06?
8,000 indoor stadium which next to the Olympic stadium. Dylan played there last year and sold it out. But Mercedes benz is 18k I think.

Awesome venue

http://www.aegworldwide.com/facilities/arenas/mercedesbenzarena

Slash played The Mixing Room which is smaller venue attached. Which is 500-1000 capacity. It sold out way before I even knew it was on.

Im pretty sure the Stones don't have any problems moving tickets.

They charged absurd prices last year and still filled arenas. They pretty much sold out 3 nights in a row in Chicago

All the "cheap" tickets for the Shanghai show have sold out and only the 3 more expensive tier tickets are left so maybe they are too expensive for the market? Maybe they will "flex price" them like they did here in the U.S to sell the rest...........

I will be in China, Shenzhen, the week before so will miss the Shanghai show. If I had known about the Singapore show earlier I would have planned my trip differently so I could have caught both shows............

The GA seating ones will sell. But not sure about the rest of the expensive ones. There isn't really a bad seat in the house. Chinese might see it as once in a lifetime thing and do it. But to me it's expensive.

Edited by wasted

All that's left is 1880rmb and 2880rmb. That's like 300-400 dollars?

If you go to the ticket site it only shows the 2880rmb ($480) not being available and shows the 480rmb ($80) and 680rmb ($113) still available? You have to have an account to actually try to pull tickets, which I don't, so maybe they released more of the less expensive tickets once they saw people were not going to bite on the 3 VIP level most ticket packages 3880rmb ($646), 5880rmb ($980), 8880rmb ($1480)............ :shrugs:

Not sure why, but this reminds me on... Let's Spend Some Time Together :D

I'm pretty sure the Stones will easily sell out any venue against any price. Which bothers me because I hate overpaying for gigs. However, my most expensive concert ticket (non-festival) were the Stones in Amsterdam in 2006. I paid 130 euro's for that and after the gig was over I said to myself that if they'd charged me 200 it'd still be worth it. I hate myself for enabling them in charging ridiculous prices, but I can't help myself. And that's the thing with the Stones. Especially now, after not touring for a few years. They'll sell out anything.

All that's left is 1880rmb and 2880rmb. That's like 300-400 dollars?

If you go to the ticket site it only shows the 2880rmb ($480) not being available and shows the 480rmb ($80) and 680rmb ($113) still available? You have to have an account to actually try to pull tickets, which I don't, so maybe they released more of the less expensive tickets once they saw people were not going to bite on the 3 VIP level most ticket packages 3880rmb ($646), 5880rmb ($980), 8880rmb ($1480)............ :shrugs:
I was looking at the mypiao.com ticket site. It seems like opposite on that site. Maybe 680 have sold out. That's true, the 450rmb arent sold out they hold them back. Or so I've heard.

I only really glanced at the site tbh. I just saw 680 cheapest and called them. They do cash on delivery.

On my site it's not showing either 430 or 680 now. I've found it's easier to call them.

Edited by wasted

Voting is open for songs for Abu Dhabi:

Ruby Tuesday

Gimme Shelter

Wild Horses

Paint It Black

Angie

Beast Of Burden

I guess Gimme Shelter and PIB are out of the permanent setlist. Voted for Beast Of Burden.

http://www.rollingstones.com/2014/02/20/vote-for-the-rolling-stones-to-perform-the-uaes-favourite-song-tomorrow/