Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Cool Glastonbury bootleg review from classicrawker, i'll watch this bootleg sooner than laterhttp://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/rolling-stones/the-rolling-stones-glastonbury-2013-no-label/

Thanks Crash, you can watch the whole concert on youtube when you have time. Definitely worth the 2 hour time investment if you like the Stones.....

• 2 months later...

Even though they're one of my favorite bands, I just get overcome with a sense of dread whenever they're gearing up to announce something...because it'll cost an arm and a leg :lol:

IORR is speculating heavy about Australia and Japan.

Haha I know :lol: (Speaking of money, I still want to get one of those 50th Anniversary Vodka sets... :tongue2:)

And if so, then that's something I don't have to worry about then :awesomeface:

Even though they're one of my favorite bands, I just get overcome with a sense of dread whenever they're gearing up to announce something...because it'll cost an arm and a leg :lol:

IORR is speculating heavy about Australia and Japan.

Haha I know :lol: (Speaking of money, I still want to get one of those 50th Anniversary Vodka sets... :tongue2:)

And if so, then that's something I don't have to worry about then :awesomeface:

Yeah...word on the street is High is gonna pay for the Mod Squad to all come down for the gigs in Oz :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Holy shit! When should there be an announcement?

Glad to see this thread back, too!

I've also been meaning to ask, what do you think of the way Ronnie plays Jumpin' Jack Flash? I'm defiantly no Ronnie hater, but sometimes he plays that little lead throughout the whole song instead of at the end and I feel like it completely takes away from the main riff. It really distracts me and I have never seen it brought up. It's just something I have really been wanting to ask!

And I still have to get Sweet Summer Sun, anyone pick it up yet? Still hoping for a box set when the tour is done like "The Biggest Bang" and "Four Licks"

Edit- Looks like it is a gig in Australia! Glad to see a 2014 date, if you live by Adelaide I highly recommend you go!

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/the-rolling-stones-confirmed-to-play-concert-at-adelaide-oval/story-fnii5yv4-1226763798447

Edited by ZoSoRose

I've also been meaning to ask, what do you think of the way Ronnie plays Jumpin' Jack Flash? I'm defiantly no Ronnie hater, but sometimes he plays that little lead throughout the whole song instead of at the end and I feel like it completely takes away from the main riff. It really distracts me and I have never seen it brought up. It's just something I have really been wanting to ask!

And I still have to get Sweet Summer Sun, anyone pick it up yet? Still hoping for a box set when the tour is done like "The Biggest Bang" and "Four Licks"

Edit- Looks like it is a gig in Australia! Glad to see a 2014 date, if you live by Adelaide I highly recommend you go!

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/the-rolling-stones-confirmed-to-play-concert-at-adelaide-oval/story-fnii5yv4-1226763798447

Is that site credible? :huh:

Also, if true I wonder if this means a complete world tour or not.

My review of Sweet Summer Sun in the Blu Ray thread:

Okay, haven't watched all of Sweet Summer Sun yet, but I've checked it out. Despite the fact that I think the Hyde Park gigs were among the worst performances of the tour, Hyde Park definitely does make a good Blu Ray release. It looks and sounds great, no complaints in that department. It was filmed in 1.77:1, and while it's certainly an unconventional ratio, it does look good. There's some lame editing in it though - Ruby Tuesday is all shots of people in the crowd except during the choruses. If it's a concert video I want to see the band.

My only real gripes with it are the gripes I knew I had before I'd even seen it. The main concert is not a full gig front-to-back; it's 16 tracks, none of which are any of the rarities from those gigs and/or guest songs (Other than Midnight Rambler of course). There's 3 bonus tracks; Emotional Rescue, Before They Make Me Run, and Paint It Black. Seeing as the concert segment was culled from both nights, I have no clue why these weren't just included in the concert. Glad they included Emotional Rescue though, that was great live. I also still think they dropped the ball not doing a boxset a la Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang. Glastonbury was a phenomenal gig also worthy of release, and it's a shame there isn't any official release of the full tour production. Not to mention all of the (mostly) amazing guest performances. I suppose I can still hold out hope for this to happen at some point...

All in all, worth picking up, especially given the small price tag on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on their twitter, seems like they may be announcing a show in the UAE soon...

Yup, looks like the UAE will defiantly get a show. You can also count on more Aussie dates and I'm guessing a few in Europe or Asia

I'd love to see more USA dates, but I don't see it happening. I'm just so thrilled I jumped the gun and went this year, they are just awesome live!

Edited by ZoSoRose

Based on their twitter, seems like they may be announcing a show in the UAE soon...

Yup, looks like the UAE will defiantly get a sure. You can also count on more Aussie dates and I'm guessing a few in Europe or Asia

I'd love to see more USA dates, but I don't see it happening. I'm just so thrilled I jumped the gun and went this year, they are just awesome live!

I think we got all we're gonna get. I'm glad I caught a show on both legs - 2012 because it was technically the 50th anniversary, and this year since we got pit tickets from the $85's :shades:

Press release says more Asian dates to be announced today.

So, despite a new tour name, it sounds like it's essentially a continuation of 50 & Counting. Tongue stage, Mick Taylor guesting, etc. Still cool though :)

Jan Smeets, the chairman of the Dutch Pinkpop festival, said in an interview yesterday that he's in talks with the Stones to headline his festival. I can't imagine they'd do this mostly because I think the Stones could easily sell out the Goffertpark (60.000) twice and because he could never afford them. But that DOES point to the Stones coming to Europe this summer.

I'd hate it if they'd do festivals though. :( I just want them to do their own tour. I'd also love for Mick T to the there!

Press release says more Asian dates to be announced today.

So, despite a new tour name, it sounds like it's essentially a continuation of 50 & Counting. Tongue stage, Mick Taylor guesting, etc. Still cool though :)

Jan Smeets, the chairman of the Dutch Pinkpop festival, said in an interview yesterday that he's in talks with the Stones to headline his festival. I can't imagine they'd do this mostly because I think the Stones could easily sell out the Goffertpark (60.000) twice and because he could never afford them. But that DOES point to the Stones coming to Europe this summer.

I'd hate it if they'd do festivals though. :( I just want them to do their own tour. I'd also love for Mick T to the there!

I'd love to see them do a European leg, since I'll be in Europe for Maiden again :shades: