nu vs nu nu

lukeaxl

Until we hear anything concrete it's especulation at this point. If Axl truly wanted a more classic sound he would never contact Satch to ask who could fill Bucket's shoes. Instead he would have gone after DJ, who's been under Axl's radar for over 10 years, according to DJ himself. I think it could be more of a marketing thing and he has in DJ a kind of relevant guitarist on current mainstream rock. We still have Ron and Rich to do all the crazy stuff, and as I mentioned in another thread, Ron's songs could range from a blues oriented fretless song to a heavy metal song with crazy riffing to a slow tempo ballad with an epic solo... and I am naming a few. We have Tommy with his punkish background and slow tempo beautiful ballads, Chris and Dizzy (kind of) fitting the electronic category and Axl. Frank would do whatever he was asked to, I suppose, but any input from him would be a mystery to me..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Robin/Bucket band had more potential to do some really, really cool stuff. That band could have really made a mark for itself. Those two guys could have pushed Axl Rose to new heights. The current band is great, but I think they will keep GnR sounding more like classic GnR. Isn't that why Axl hired DJ, to keep that 80's hard rock sound alive?

I'm not saying either one is better. I would have liked to see each group put out a couple albums.

The first band would have pushed Axl to create a pretty exciting new band. The current group will give us classic GnR sounding songs.

Just out of curiosity, why or how would Bucket and Finck raised Axl to new heights? I mean, they haven't raised anyone else or even themselves to new heights, so how is it they would have done so for Axl? I get it if its your personal favorite version of the band, to each his own. But to say flat out without out question or doubt that they alone would have raised Axl to new heights is just an opinion.

The Robin/Bucket band had more potential to do some really, really cool stuff. That band could have really made a mark for itself. Those two guys could have pushed Axl Rose to new heights. The current band is great, but I think they will keep GnR sounding more like classic GnR. Isn't that why Axl hired DJ, to keep that 80's hard rock sound alive?

I'm not saying either one is better. I would have liked to see each group put out a couple albums.

The first band would have pushed Axl to create a pretty exciting new band. The current group will give us classic GnR sounding songs.

Just out of curiosity, why or how would Bucket and Finck raised Axl to new heights? I mean, they haven't raised anyone else or even themselves to new heights, so how is it they would have done so for Axl? I get it if its your personal favorite version of the band, to each his own. But to say flat out without out question or doubt that they alone would have raised Axl to new heights is just an opinion.

Anything that people post on here is just their opinion. So not sure why you felt the need to point that out. Every post in the four pages of topics were people's opinions - are you calling them all out as well?

Do I really have to explain the difference of songs like Better and Shacklers to you compared to DJ's work with Motley Crue or Six AM? You seriously don't see the difference?

Songs like Better, Shacklers and even Scraped are NOTHING like anything Axl has ever done before.

I guess maybe you just haven't listened to any of the back catalog that these guitar players have been part of. Have you listened to anything that NIN has done?

Go listen to Bucket's solo work, some Nine Inch Nails and the three GnR songs I mentioned...............then compare that to Bumblefoot's solo work and the music that DJ has been part of.

After that, if you don't think that Bucket/Robin wouldn't have pushed Axl creatively..........but that DJ will..........then I'm really not sure how to even discuss this with you.

Anything that people post on here is just their opinion. So not sure why you felt the need to point that out. Every post in the four pages of topics were people's opinions - are you calling them all out as well?

Do I really have to explain the difference of songs like Better and Shacklers to you compared to DJ's work with Motley Crue or Six AM? You seriously don't see the difference?

Songs like Better, Shacklers and even Scraped are NOTHING like anything Axl has ever done before.

I guess maybe you just haven't listened to any of the back catalog that these guitar players have been part of. Have you listened to anything that NIN has done?

Go listen to Bucket's solo work, some Nine Inch Nails and the three GnR songs I mentioned...............then compare that to Bumblefoot's solo work and the music that DJ has been part of.

After that, if you don't think that Bucket/Robin wouldn't have pushed Axl creatively..........but that DJ will..........then I'm really not sure how to even discuss this with you.

Lol. Sorry man. Haven't been around much lately, didn't know this was such a touchy subject for you, especially since I don't know you. I wasn't questioning anyone's opiniun. I was just asking, what made you think that Finck and Bucket would raise Axl to new heights? I mean, cause they didn't. Am I wrong there? They were in the band for years, played live, recorded some songs, yet no new heights. I wasn't comparing anyone to Ashba, Slash, Fortus, BBF, Yinga Yanga Ding Dong, or anyone else. I was just asking you a question, not because I wanted to argue with you about it, because I was interested in a perspective I don't see. That's it. I don't give a shit about comparisons with all these guitar players. I, me, myself, think the current band puts on a great live show. And before you blow another gasket, I'm not saying Bucket & Finck didn't. I'm just saying, I like the current group better. Obviously you don't, and that's cool. I just didn't get the whole "new heights" thing. So I asked you about it, and somehow, to you, that meant I was calling out all posters opinions and then you threw in some rambling shit about Ashba, not sure what he had to do with all the new heights Axl would have reached had Bucket and Finck stayed. Not to mention the fact, didn't they both quit?

Wasn't aware I blew a gasket. Just stating my "opinion."

I can't really tell you which band I like better. I've seen them both live and they both put on a great show.

But I haven't heard any material produced by the band along with DJ and BBF, so I can't really say I like what they create better than the old guys. Have you heard music that this band has created? If so, please PM me the songs. Thanks!!!!

My point was pretty simple. Maybe I didn't explain it correctly.

I brought up the other guitar players because you just picked one part of the point I was making, without mentioning the rest of it.

DJ and BBF - in my opinion - will create a more modern version of GnR. BBF's solo work and DJ's work outside of GnR is pretty basic rock.

Bucket and Robin, on the other hand, tend to play a more agressive different type of music.

Simply compare any solo BUcket album or any NIN album to any of the albums that DJ has worked on. There is a huge difference in the type of music.

My point was simply that with BBF and DJ, Axl will more than likely create some pretty standard rock songs.

With Bucket and Robin, you get songs like Shacklers. This group would push Axl out of his normal comfort zone, whereas DJ most certainly will not.

I didn't say that either group was better, nor did I say which one I preferred. I just said that they were different.

The Bucket and Robin GNR era was more exciting and edgy. Those shows, RIR in particular, were way more energetic and had more a dangerous vibe to them. This band now seems to play the old songs better, but lacks that "it" factor. The energy and "wtf is going to happen next" element is gone. A big part of that is probably Axl's age and lack of conditioning, but not all.

Edited by Nintari

BBF's solo work outside of GnR is pretty basic rock..

This seems to be a big misunderstanding around here. Just because DJ's songwriting is basic (Robin was a basic guitarist as well, but way less conventional) does not mean that Ron's is. No, his work is not basic rock. It's far, far, far away from that. Just because Bucket's songwriting is not full of standart rock patterns doesn't mean that Robin follows the same pattern. Hope it helps you understand that.

The Bucket and Robin GNR era was more exciting and edgy. Those shows, RIR in particular, were way more energetic and had more a dangerous vibe to them. This band now seems to play the old songs better, but lacks that "it" factor. The energy and "wtf is going to happen next" element is gone. A big part of that is probably Axl's age and lack of conditioning, but not all.

Nunchucks, Robot dances, Freaky Alien Looks, Crappy Rhythm guitar player. Backwards baseball cup drummer, drunken punk bass player 'only-in-it-for-the-cash', 2 unnecessary keyboardists, featuring Mickey Mouse on vocals.