What songs does Axl not have issues singing live?

saber_

Ok all you hardcore GnR trivia aficionados, I have a question for ye: What songs does Axl not have issues singing live? I kinda want to compile an informal list here.

I'll start us off. He seems to be very consistent on Brownstone and Chinese Democracy. I'll even throw Sorry in there too, although I haven't seen as many vids of that as I have of the other two I mentioned.

Ok yer turn...

Edited by brainsaber

Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, and Patience are definitely up there. He's generally pretty good on Jungle in terms of tonality but sometimes gets winded easily during it.

November Rain is usually pretty good too. Even the O2 performance of it isn't all that bad.

I actually thought Brownstone was one of the worst songs he did in Vegas...

On topic:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Catcher

The Seeker

Knockin'

Live And Let Die

Another Brick / Nov Rain

Shackler's

Madagascar (which should be brought back!)

You're Crazy (which should be part of every setlist!)

Hit and miss on any given night:

Better

Nightrain

Sweet Child

Brownstone

Street of Dreams (but more often than not in 2012 he couldn't do it)

Edited by RickRoses

If Axl had recorded all of GNR's records with the Mickey style he uses now... Would we have become fans.

If axls voice was like it is now, I'm not sure how big they would have gotten. The unique voice had a lot to do with how big they got for sure. If he was singing like Mickey in the 80s, haha, I don't think so lol.

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr.Brownstone

Live And Let Die

Shacklers Revenge

November Rain

Don't Cry

Knockin' On Heavens Door

Catcher In The Rye

The Seeker

Madagascar

This I Love

You're Crazy

Estranged

Street Of Dreams

Those songs always sound pretty great live.

And even though I do enjoy most performances of these next songs, I prefer the raspy renditions more so.

You Could Be Mine

Sorry

Paradise City

Nightrain

Better

Whole Lotta Rosie

Rocket Queen

And I'm not complaining either. I quite enjoyed gigs like O2 arena 2012 and what I've heard from the Vegas residency.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Patience he has a lot of trouble with. Listen to the second half at any 2012 concert. He can never decide between full-voice and head-voice, and always switches between them.

First half is always fine though, so at least that's the vast majority of the song. The second half is in that middle register he always seems to struggle with. Same with Sweet Child, although I don't think he's ever been particularly good at Sweet Child live.

The only complete song that I can seriously say sounds good live is It's So Easy. Axl rises up and screams, "It's so easy!!" on the outro. TIL can be considered depending on your standards.

Other songs have their moments... The end of Nightrain comes to mind. Other than that, I really can't vouch for much else.

I'm interested that some say The Seeker. I bet that song would have sounded so much better in 2010.

Edited by Time to DIE!!!

Ok all you hardcore GnR trivia aficionados, I have a question for ye: What songs does Axl not have issues singing live? I kinda want to compile an informal list here.

I'll start us off. He seems to be very consistent on Brownstone and Chinese Democracy. I'll even throw Sorry in there too, although I haven't seen as many vids of that as I have of the other two I mentioned.

Ok yer turn...

Surprisingly, I think he sounds the best live on some of the faster paced songs.

Just at the last show I attended, the highlights were:

Shacklers --- live, imo, it's a game changer.

Riff Raff -- pretty electric live. I'm not a fan of alllllll the covers, but Axl nails this. Brought a lot of electricty to the show

Civil War - outstanding

Nightrain - still might be the most underrated GnR song of all time

And like somebody else posted.

I'd love to see the band retire Heaven's Door and LALD.

Boring as hell live.