Dizzy Reed Interview: New Album "Soon"

BBA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that line go again - forgetting history dooms us to repeat it? How anyone can think that new music is coming soon because someone from GNR said so is nothing more than a one-way ticket to disappointment land. Anyone here following the band from the early 1990s to 2008 should know better to put any stock in what anyone from GNR has to say about a new album. Axl says this, Dizzy says that, DJ promises it won't be that long. Yeah, great - big fucking deal. None of it means anything honestly if you consider what any of these people have said previously.

Happy to be proven wrong, but there is nothing in this band's history that would make me ever think that that day will come. 2014? Maybe. 2015? Sure. 2016-2025 (if at all)? Probably more likely. If this band was serious about releasing music, it doesn't make much sense to fill up their tour schedule (which seems to be happening almost on a weekly basis).

So you can listen to those who have been consistently wrong about new music (which is akin to listening to Dick Morris or Karl Rove about election outcomes), or you can listen to people like BBA who has no historical basis to ever be considered relevant or valid, or you can listen to guys like Ron who have consistently proven reliable and concerned relative to GNR fans. Unless Axl has no plans to include Ron (and now it appears Tommy) in future GNR projects, there's no reason to believe that new music is on its way.

I'll believe when I hear it from no one else rather than Ron.

this

so far ron is the only member of the band that is telling the truth

Unless I missed something, the only thing that Ron has stated is that the current lineup hasn't recorded together. That's not the same as saying that an album isn't coming out anytime soon. I'm not sure if many of you suffer from comprehension issues or if many of you just enjoy being miserable, regardless of how promising things seem to be.

Given what's been stated numerous times by numerous sources over the last couple of months, I think there is a very high probability that we will hear a new GNR album this calendar year.

If this is true than it looks like 2013 could be the year we get new music.

I think it's highly probable that we will see an album this year. In fact, I would be genuinely surprised if we didn't.

To some degree, I can understand one's skepticism considering past hurdles, but based on comments made recently by Beta, Axl, DJ, and now DJ , I'd think most would realize that there seems to be something to this.

If there wasn't something in the works for 2013, we wouldn't have all this chatter alluding that there is. I'm confident about that.

Have you forgotten 2006 and 2007 already....

I still don't think they're gonna end up releasing in the end of 2013....i'm counting with something unexpected to happen (as always), and it getting postponed all the way to Fall 2014...

In between people will get very inpatient, and we'll probably get some leaks.

Axl's too scared to face the masses with new material after the failure of CD. Can't have another failure if you don't release another failure.

That and the label not wanting to bother on the output of nu material.

Beyond touring, it's over. Anybody who doesn't see this is in denial.

If this is true than it looks like 2013 could be the year we get new music.

I think it's highly probable that we will see an album this year. In fact, I would be genuinely surprised if we didn't.

To some degree, I can understand one's skepticism considering past hurdles, but based on comments made recently by Beta, Axl, DJ, and now DJ , I'd think most would realize that there seems to be something to this.

If there wasn't something in the works for 2013, we wouldn't have all this chatter alluding that there is. I'm confident about that.

Have you forgotten 2006 and 2007 already....

Young_Gun -

No. I haven't forgotten. It's easy to point out how this sounds like that from then, etc, etc, but it's also no secret that in the last couple of years Axl and the band have taken noticeable strides in improving their relationship with the fans. We've had more prompt show starts, 3 hour live shows, communication with the media, and Axl seems to be in better spirits than he ever has. They're doing this because they recoginze the importance of their fanbase. I don't see them taking a step back and throwing out false hope of an album if something wasn't in the works.

In addition to all the public comments alluding to a new album, much of my optimism stems from information earlier in the year that wasn't so public.

I really have no interest in hearing CDII. The first one was a disappointment to say the least. I only liked maybe, 4 songs. Frankly,

they live off the original line-ups reputation and achievements. If it wasn't for the name sake and Axl still in the band, they'd be no one.

I really have no interest in hearing CDII. The first one was a disappointment to say the least. I only liked maybe, 4 songs. Frankly,

they live off the original line-ups reputation and achievements. If it wasn't for the name sake and Axl still in the band, they'd be no one.

Even though i can't hide my curiosity and say i'm not interested in hearing a new album, i can certainly see myself on the same page as you... only REALLY liked about 4 songs on CD too and thought it was a bad album as far as GNR's standards are concerned.

I do think that it seems like there is more optimism now than there were the last few years.

There is.It seems to be one of the most positive times in the history of GNR including the old days,but some can't or don't want to see it.

I do think that it seems like there is more optimism now than there were the last few years.

There is.It seems to be one of the most positive times in the history of GNR including the old days,but some can't or don't want to see it.

stfu warchild

stfu warchild

"one of the most positive times in the history of GNR",anyone?

denial is part of mental illness,WC.

Mental illness.Funny.What do you call the people that spend their free time trolling a website?Normal I guess.

Well, Scott Gorham recently stated that Richard declined being too involved in the upcoming Black Star Riders project because he was going to be busy with promoting the new GNR album. It doesn't make sense that Richard would tell Gorham this unless something really is in the works.

Well, Scott Gorham recently stated that Richard declined being too involved in the upcoming Black Star Riders project because he was going to be busy with promoting the new GNR album. It doesn't make sense that Richard would tell Gorham this unless something really is in the works.

Source?

Source?

His ass.

Is this for real?

I still don't think they're gonna end up releasing in the end of 2013....i'm counting with something unexpected to happen (as always), and it getting postponed all the way to Fall 2014...

In between people will get very inpatient, and we'll probably

some leaks.

Wearing your Flip flops today?

Imo, all signs are pointing towards a release late this year or early next year. I think its gonna be the remainder of the Buckethead material with Ron and DJ making contributions similiar to what Ron did on CD.

Rumors, rumors everywhere. Edited by Silent Jay

Imo, all signs are pointing towards a release late this year or early next year.

Completely agree. I know another tour is a point of interest. If Beta has anything to do with it, the album will come out this year and coincide with another tour.