Tommy Stinson wants the current band to all write and release an album

Guest Gunns

Hopefully we get what amounts to CD 2 as a bonus disc but prob not. Seems like what Tomy is saying theres Axl songs from CD era then the rest of band will want to write. Wevcould get the bucket and finck songs. Stuff like silkworms thatvarent viable for a self titiled album.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot for the life of me accept the excuse of band members living far apart from one another being the reason they are having a hard time recording.

Hey if they CAN GET TOGETHER to go on tours, don't see why they cannot make the effort of getting some studio time together. Of course recording new materials will not pay off as much as tours upfront, but in the long run, it will multiply their tour earnings as die hard fans who may have stopped supporting the tours may go to the concerts to listen to new music by GNR.

We have some leftover tunes from the last record.

So much for the 35+ other songs.

The way Stinton talks, they seem hard pushed to record enough material for a new album, and the lets all come up with 2 tracks each might be the only approach.

So why record, is what the label is thinking? Given that it wont make dime one why bother recording more songs. Just put what you have out plaster on fake smile and tour the hits again. Its what people want.

So he's on the same page as BBF..saying they still haven't actually got together to write anything yet. What is DJ smoking about writing all the time I wonder? Probably talking about his solo work..can't be referring to Guns.

DJ should go fuck himself. He's been lying for almost 4 years to make himself look cool and promote himself.

I want the monsters from Chinese sessions without any interference and a completely new record from these guys, if it has to be a mix of the two so be it but it will sound a bit disjointed like chinese which despite best efforts was pretty much a greatest hits record when it should have been 2 or 3 spanning 98-08. I guess a big factor is if Axl distinguishes between the different new gnr lineups or sees it is all part of the family that should all be involved

There's a lot of inferences going on in this thread with little to no substantiation. "He seems to be saying this"; "He seems to be saying that" - who the fuck knows what he's saying.

All that we can garner from this interview is that he'd like to record again. That it wouldn't be as much trouble this time around than last (or that's his impression). That there has not been a conscious effort by the band to record together (at least to the point where they're sharing songs with each other and working off what others have done). That touring off of Chinese Democracy has kind of run its course.

That's what we know from this interview. Whether you can infer that he means a new album/music will be coming out is simply soon conjecture. And as we've been reminded many times before, not even statements by Axl can be constructed as valid projections regarding new music. These guys can talk all they want but it comes down to getting word from their record label when a release has been scheduled. Since there's no news on that end, no point talking about new music.

The only thing I'd like to add is that if you consider the track record of this band, the fact that they haven't even got to the recording phase as a band should tell you where they are in terms of getting music out there. Any normal band, starting from scratch, could probably get something out by late fall, early winter if they started now. But this isn't a normal band.

It's going to be awhile.

Edited by downzy

I've always liked Tommy. Been a big Replacements fan for years, too. I could see a potential reunion of that band possibly getting in the way of GN'R, or making it at least more difficult to get them all together to record new material. But we'll see. It seems like these guys - Dizzy, Ron and Tommy - are starting to open up a bit more with their desire to write new music, and that's a good sign. People can say they're hired guns all they want, but I think their inner musicians are going to want to be doing something active and creative rather than just touring for years on end.

The big question for me is whether the record label will even want to fund another album? After Chinese Democracy's lack of impact Stateside, I wonder what GN'R's relationship with Geffen/Universal is like these days...especially after all the shit they probably had to deal with for years and years.

I've always liked Tommy. Been a big Replacements fan for years, too. I could see a potential reunion of that band possibly getting in the way of GN'R, or making it at least more difficult to get them all together to record new material. But we'll see. It seems like these guys - Dizzy, Ron and Tommy - are starting to open up a bit more with their desire to write new music, and that's a good sign. People can say they're hired guns all they want, but I think their inner musicians are going to want to be doing something active and creative rather than just touring for years on end.

The big question for me is whether the record label will even want to fund another album? After Chinese Democracy's lack of impact Stateside, I wonder what GN'R's relationship with Geffen/Universal is like these days...especially after all the shit they probably had to deal with for years and years.

I have a strong feeling that they are no longer with Geffen/Universal and are an unsigned band.

They can say whatever they want. As long as their boss (Axl) doesn't want to write or record new music, than they won't.

I have a strong feeling that they are no longer with Geffen/Universal and are an unsigned band.

Nah. I think new music would've been uploaded online if they were unsigned. I seriously think that no new music is out yet cause the label is pissed off that ChiDem didn't sell well but they on't wanna drop GnR just yet because they wanna see if they can corner Axl into a reunion with the classic line-up. But that's just my theory.

We have some leftover tunes from the last record.

So much for the 35+ other songs.

The way Stinton talks, they seem hard pushed to record enough material for a new album, and the lets all come up with 2 tracks each might be the only approach.

Yeah, sounds like the CD leftovers are just that, scraps. Not even enough for an album on their own.

Its. Shame cause Dj had all stuff moved into his studio so the band could record during the afd tour but nothing came out of it. And this band keeps getting roadblocks. Every member living in a differend area(no excuse) the label, the tourinf etc. They all let us know its time to record so, record...