Tommy Stinson wants the current band to all write and release an album

Guest Gunns

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellastar2355

If CDII is released, there goes another 5 years of touring it. It's got to be one or the other, right?...CDII or something original by the current members....?

Which will it be, and which would you prefer?

Honey, at this point I think everyone just wants new music....

Tommy has paid his dues as a member of GN'R and has been with the band longer than any of the original except Dizzy. My fav current Gunner, he's been through the thick and thin since the rebirth. He's got my respect.

He's been with GN'R longer than any of the older members except Izzy but he only as one GN'R album to his name and the set-list for the shows consist mostly of material written by the old band.

IF CD were the A listers... I'd hate to think of what CD 2 could be

I doubt it. Long before CD was released, Sebastian and that orchestra dude (lol) were praising songs that weren't included in CD. Plus, OMG is better than at least 4 songs on CD and that Jackie Chan clip makes the song seem better than a few too. Silkworms on the other hand... :tongue2:

UMG control when stuff gets released.

When they say this stuff its for the label to hear they want studio time. Axl may also. But label is CD 2.

If tommy and ron quit Nikki Sixx and Tommy leed could join. Then we have band. Callthe album $.

$ - Guns N Roses.

Why sit down and write music when you have material from 2001-2008 that's out there.

There is a point to this, especially considering the vast amounts of money, time and energy that went into those songs. And do we really think Axl would (or could) write like he use to? He seems to be enjoying himself nowadays and more content where with things are. Like many have commented on here before, he doesn't seem as hungry to prove himself or the band as he once was. For me, the band nowadays represents a soulless money making machine than a true artistic statement (hard to argue with this when 80-85 percent of recent setlists are either covers or material that really only Axl is wholly or partially responsible for). Would Axl really have the drive for another album or capable of pouring his whole self into anything that's written and produced after Chinese Democracy? Not quite sure but who on here really knows. All based on observations with where the band exists today.

On the other hand, if the next album is monopolized by material that has Finck and Bumblefoot's fingerprints all over it, how enthused are Ron and DJ going to be to tour behind another album that neither had much to do with?

I'm of the opinion that the next album (or any album) should have the best material regardless of author. So if Ron and DJ can come up with songs that are equal or better than what came before and can get Axl's best on them then it makes more sense to use newer material. Barring that, I think you go with the best songs you have to work with. If certain band members aren't happy about that, well, they can always write better songs (if they're able to).

Edited by downzy

Give me something like this in 2013 and then write any album you like, but first PLEASE CHIDEM 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

1.- The General

2.- Quick Song

3.- Zodiac

4.- Ides of March

5.- Berlin

6.- Jackie Chan

7.- Seven

8.- Silkworms

9.- Soul Monster

10.- Down by the Ocean

11.- Betas Barn

12.- Atlas Shrugged

13.- Oh My God

14.- Thyme

It still makes me laugh that people are "excited" about specific songs and seem to know how they sound even though we know next to nothing about them.

People are excited based on stuff members, friends and acquaintances of the band have said about 'em.

People are excited based on stuff members, friends and acquaintances of the band have said about 'em.

I'm not denying that the prospect of new music is exciting, and I'm as pumped about it as anyone, but people literally talk about these tracks like they know what they're going to sound like. It's different than Chinese Democracy where we'd hear about a third of the album either live or through leaks by 2006, and over half of it by 2008.

I mean, what do we know. Bumblefoot has described one song ("Goin' Down" I think) as "earthy" and mentioned that it was written by Tommy, and also mentioned that he had recorded a guitar solo for "The General." That's really about it...

Take a look at "Sorry," one of the few songs from Chinese Democracy we did not hear until the album was released. Sebastian Bach mentioned that sounded like "doom metal" and had a "grinding riff" and immediately the boards went nuts and everyone wanted to hear "Sorry." Now I frequently see it listed as many board members' least favorite tracks and most frequently pointed to as a track the band should abandon live.

Edited by themadcaplaughs