If you had to pick ONE song that 'defines' GN'R, what would you pick?

Vincent Vega

Let's say you're introducing GN'R to new people, and you can only pick ONE song to show off GN'R to them....Or let's say just your idea of the one song that for you defines what GN'R is all about, what about it be?

OldGNR's hard side: WTTJ or YCBM

OldGN'R's soft side: November Rain or Don't Cry

NewGNR's hard side: Oh My God or Better

NewGN'R's soft side: Catcher in the Rye

Well, depends of What GN'R we're talking about 80's GN'R: Rocket Queen and You're Crazy (Lies version)

90's GN'R: Locomotive and Breakdown

00's GN'R: Oh My God and Street Of Dreams

10's GN'R: I choose when I hear something from them, until then I'll just tell people to listen to the Sixx AM records, Bumblefoot and Tommy solo albums and Ashba's solo work. Specially focusing in the Pink Panther Theme from 2011, that is the first song from this lineup that we heard (even if it is instrumental)

Guest bellastar2355

Anytime I mention GNR to friends who aren't fans the first song they think of is Welcome to the Jungle, and I have no problem with that. That song is just like nothing I have ever heard from another rock band, the intro alone is just amazing (<3 Slash)

WTTJ seems the obvious choice but I would also be tempted to go for Nightrain.

Guns is difficult to define with one song even the classic line up. Songs like November Rain and Estranged would define the GNR sound for a lot if people.

This inability to pigeon hole or define was what made them great IMO.

Let's say you're introducing GN'R to new people, and you can only pick ONE song to show off GN'R to them....Or let's say just your idea of the one song that for you defines what GN'R is all about, what about it be?

NewGNR's hard side: Oh My God or TWAT (i know this isn't as hard, but the best from CD)

NewGN'R's soft side: TIL, Street of Dreams