If you had to pick ONE song that 'defines' GN'R, what would you pick?

Vincent Vega

I feel like you have two GNR's, the city grown Welcome to the Jungle and these outsiders from the mid west, Free bird territory Sweet Child O Mine. Somehow Paradise City fits in between. It has the street level but also the panoramic highways of nowheresville USA. Everyone wants to find a way back home.

I was thinking Jungle and a lot of people would but I'm gonna have to say Rocket Queen.

Duff and Steven sitting in that pocket, Slash and Izzy just playing all these crazy little riffs and licks off one another, all packed together with a massively sleazy vibe and then when the final part comes around you get sensitive Axl with a massive vocal and the end feeling like a massive weight has been lifted off you.

The anger, the sleaze, the street, the soft, the groove, the cool all distilled into the final 6 minutes of one of rock's best albums.

Let's say you're introducing GN'R to new people, and you can only pick ONE song to show off GN'R to them....Or let's say just your idea of the one song that for you defines what GN'R is all about, what about it be?

OldGNR's hard side: WTTJ or YCBM

OldGN'R's soft side: November Rain or Don't Cry

NewGNR's hard side: Oh My God or Better

NewGN'R's soft side: Catcher in the Rye

Thread title says pick ONE title, yet in your opening post you post like 50 .... stupid fucking thread as usual.

Let's say you're introducing GN'R to new people, and you can only pick ONE song to show off GN'R to them....Or let's say just your idea of the one song that for you defines what GN'R is all about, what about it be?

OldGNR's hard side: WTTJ or YCBM

OldGN'R's soft side: November Rain or Don't Cry

NewGNR's hard side: Oh My God or Better

NewGN'R's soft side: Catcher in the Rye

You asked in this topic for people to pick "ONE" song, yet you throw out a half dozen.

Anyways..............WTTJ.