Silkworms

Soul Monster

Cuban Skies

Monstrosity

Berlin

Going Down

Seven

Blood in the Water

Out of all of this possible songs, which ones sound like ballads to you, judging by song titles:

Mine:

Atlas Shrugged, Seven, Going Down, Cuban Skies, Blood in the water, Thyme and Soul Monster to me all sound like titles of ballads. But it's just speculation...

Edited by AndreCC

Ballads are what Axl does best. Or at least the mid-temp songs like Catcher and Twat. SCOM. Estranged. Yesterdays.

CD didn't really have any tradition rock type songs. Maybe CD, but that songs really sucks.

At Axl's age and stage in life, we could be done with the angry rock type songs like Jungle and YCBM.

I would like 3 ballads and 5 songs in the vein of Catcher and the group mentioned above.

Seven is the only confirmed ballad from that list, and that is per Brain, i think 3-4 ballads would be good, with the rest being rockers and up tempo tunes, Having an album of all rockers would be boring, variety is the spice of life. Plus there is only 3 true ballads on CD, This I Love, Street of Dreams, and Madagascar. Catcher and Prostitute have ballad elements but are no full ballads.

Ballads are what Axl does best. Or at least the mid-temp songs like Catcher and Twat. SCOM. Estranged. Yesterdays.

CD didn't really have any tradition rock type songs. Maybe CD, but that songs really sucks.

At Axl's age and stage in life, we could be done with the angry rock type songs like Jungle and YCBM.

I would like 3 ballads and 5 songs in the vein of Catcher and the group mentioned above.

If so, I'd might lose a lot of my interest.

Mid-tempo songs often suck. SCOM is one of the worst GNR songs, so is Catcher.

It's obvious how much anger Axl still has inside of him, he should make the best out of it and rip out some mean hard songs.

Would be cool with a couple of great mid-tempoish songs but we need something else now, since that's what we got with CD.

It's obvious how much anger Axl still has inside of him, he should make the best out of it and rip out some mean hard songs.

Would be cool with a couple of great mid-tempoish songs but we need something else now, since that's what we got with CD.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider Axl's best songs?

I only ask as I find it fascinating that you consider two songs that most people love as his worst songs. I think Catcher is probably the best song on CD.

Civil War, Rocket Queen, Catcher, SCOM, Estranged, Yesterdays, Street of Dreams, TWAT...............imo, those are the highlights of all the albums. Then you throw in November Rain, Patience, Don't Cry, This I Love, Prostitute. That is what Axl does best!!!!

I only ask as I find it fascinating that you consider two songs that most people love as his worst songs. I think Catcher is probably the best song on CD.

Civil War, Rocket Queen, Catcher, SCOM, Estranged, Yesterdays, Street of Dreams, TWAT...............imo, those are the highlights of all the albums. Then you throw in November Rain, Patience, Don't Cry, This I Love, Prostitute. That is what Axl does best!!!!

Best songs usually differ, but of the ones you said, I love: CW, RQ, Estranged, Yesterdays and TWAT.

Pretty much never listen to Nov Rain, SOD, TIL, SCOM and so on, they're among my least favorite songs. I like parts of them, a lot! They're not really "bad" songs (except for maybe 1 or 2) I'm just never in the mood for them

It's not that I hate them or anything, If I were ever in a ballad type mood they'd be the songs I'd listen to I guess, but as said I'm almost never in that mood.

Best songs usually differ, but of the ones you said, I love: CW, RQ, Estranged, Yesterdays and TWAT.

Pretty much never listen to Nov Rain, SOD, TIL, SCOM and so on, they're among my least favorite songs. I like parts of them, a lot! They're not really "bad" songs (except for maybe 1 or 2) I'm just never in the mood for them

It's not that I hate them or anything, If I were ever in a ballad type mood they'd be the songs I'd listen to I guess, but as said I'm almost never in that mood.

That makes more sense. I don't love all of their hits either but I would never say PC is one of the worst GNR songs (SCOM in your case). I would say I don't like PC, or I'm sick of PC etc...

#Failure2communicate :)

That makes more sense. I don't love all of their hits either but I would never say PC is one of the worst GNR songs (SCOM in your case). I would say I don't like PC, or I'm sick of PC etc...

#Failure2communicate :)

Sure, but In my case with SCOM , I really do think that it's is a bad song and one of their worst, except for the solo.

Now, let's fuggedabout all this crap and read what others want for the next record.

Thanks for the answer CheapJon. It is nice to have a discussion on here, even a small disagreement, that doesn't turn into a big fight filled with personal insults! So thanks for that! And just for the record, I think Civil War is GnR's best song of all time. And over the last couple years, especially after hearing it live and in person, I think Shacklers is the real underdog of the album. Just a really great song, especially cranked up loud.

I would love to see a double album.

One album would be a Bucket/Robin type collaboration. Filled with songs like Shacklers, OMG, Silkworms, Better, Rhiad and even Scraped. Songs that push Axl out of his comfort zone a bit.

Album two would be by the current band, and would be the album you would imagine Axl and DJ making. Full of classic rock type songs. Along with Axl's love of the estranged, Nov Rain type stuff.

I don´t know what you guys understand by "ballads" but imo, there was only one ballad in chinese democracy and it was "This I love", the rest were rockers like "Shakler´s revenge" or mid-tempos ( you name it) like "Catcher"...etc. So, by my standards, I don´t know how many ballads will be included in the next record, I don´t care actually. As long as the songs are good I don´t mind whether they are rockers or ballads or whatever.