Does anybody else feel that 2013 is the year for new music?

Guest NGOG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think 2013 will be the year, but I do think we're getting close now. Definately 2014. The buzz has started. There's even a difference in peoples attitudes on the boards. There's an air of expectancy. As with all things GNR, you just never know.

Why would they try to sustain a buzz for over a year? That's implausible.

I don't think 2013 will be the year, but I do think we're getting close now. Definately 2014. The buzz has started. There's even a difference in peoples attitudes on the boards. There's an air of expectancy. As with all things GNR, you just never know.

You've not been around here long have you? :lol:

- End of multiple date tours, Fortus confirmed the band will now only play live 'sporadically' after 5 years of proper legs

- Richard, Beta Axl, Tommy chronologically all pointed towards 'later this year'

- Axl has been spotted out and about in both London and NYC

- 11 track leak from the camp to Mister Saint Laurent

Richard didn't imply they would only be playing sporadic shows for the rest of the year.

As for Axl, there is no reason to trust his statements in regard to release dates. And he hasn't even been specific about any releases this time, just a few comments that could be interpreted as either joking, ironic or extremely optimistic. And him being out and about doesn't necessarily coincide with any release plans.

As for those 11 tracks. It could be that we will hear them this year, but I really don't consider a bunch of almost only remixes "new music", although I know that strictly speaking they are.

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you’ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ‘n Roses tour for you?

Richard: Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while.

Richard's been talking about getting the next record ready since December 2011 ;). The fact that he isn't informed of any touring after the summer unfortunately doesn't mean anything. The management could be busy planning a new residency, South American dates and a tour of Central Asia for all he and we know. Multiple band members thought they would stop touring and start working on a record before the Vegas residency. Boy they were wrong. They seem to be as much in the dark regarding the band's plans as the fans. This coincide with multiple quotes from Bumblefoot. To summarize: I see nothing new in what Richard is saying now, he's been saying it for a while. And I absolutely don't interpret his statements as any realistic reason to get my hopes up.

I trust Axl whilst grasping the reality than plans and hopes can be subject to change/an opposing authority. Axl seriously told Gunns (who has no known mental incapacity and is therefore able to interpret basic mannerisms and tone) that he had been contemplating the release of SIlkworms later this year. It tied in with the remarks of Beta, Richard and Tommy.

Heh, yeah, I believe Axl is contemplating a lot of stuff, and that they mostly change. I agree that his statement about "thinking about" releasing Silkworms this year is somewhat positive, I just don't believe in his capacity to execute on milestones and meet his targets. Even if he gave us SPECIFIC dates would I necessarily trust him because he has a history of being hopeless at delivering on time.

Are you talking about this quote from Tommy: "My goal for the new year is that there's going to be [...] a Guns N' Roses record, just throwing it out there. [On whether it is this year or next year] You know what, either way, either of those can happen, either or both can happen, I would be happy for that [CD102.5 The Alternative Station, April 2013]."

I really don't see any reason to get my hopes up because of this quote. Tommy's been saying similar things for a long time now. It just ISN'T NEWS that band members are eager to release more music. Interpreting this quote to "the band now has a plan" is wildly inaccurate to me, and doesn't at all take into account the band's past history.

There is a distinct difference between hopes and plans. In previous terms band members have hoped to see GNR finish an album, now it's a plan. You couldn't have two better accounts than those of Beta and Axl. You could hardly describe finishing a near complete record a 'grueling process'.

You interpret Axl's "definite maybe" and "thinking about" as a PLAN? It seems to me you are grasping at straws.

To Axl, any steps in the making and releasing of music seems to come across as a gruelling process.

I enjoy your optimism, I just don't see that the situation has changed much since any year post CD, even if Axl has made some vague statements about "thinking about" releasing anything. He did a lot of similar thinking in the years from 2001 to 2008, too, without that resulting in much.

I fear the fan community is getting it's hope up again and will be bitterly disappointed, yet again. We have a tendency to grasp at straws and exaggerate any quote that might be interpreted in a positive way. And I fear the backlash when disgruntled fans start to lash out because of their hopes falling apart, again.

Edited by SoulMonster

You actually think GNR didn't take valuable lessons from the way Chinese Democracy was handled? :lol:

- End of multiple date tours, Fortus confirmed the band will now only play live 'sporadically' after 5 years of proper legs

- Richard, Beta Axl, Tommy chronologically all pointed towards 'later this year'

- Axl has been spotted out and about in both London and NYC

- 11 track leak from the camp to Mister Saint Laurent

Richard didn't imply they would only be playing sporadic shows for the rest of the year.

As for Axl, there is no reason to trust his statements in regard to release dates. And he hasn't even been specific about any releases this time, just a few comments that could be interpreted as either joking, ironic or extremely optimistic. And him being out and about doesn't necessarily coincide with any release plans.

As for those 11 tracks. It could be that we will hear them this year, but I really don't consider a bunch of almost only remixes "new music", although I know that strictly speaking they are.

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you’ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ‘n Roses tour for you?

Richard: Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while.

Richard's been talking about getting the next record ready since December 2011 ;).

>I trust Axl whilst grasping the reality than plans and hopes can be subject to change/an opposing authority. Axl seriously told Gunns (who has no known mental incapacity and is therefore able to interpret basic mannerisms and tone) that he had been contemplating the release of SIlkworms later this year. It tied in with the remarks of Beta, Richard and Tommy.

Heh, yeah, I believe Axl is contemplating a lot of stuff

There is a distinct difference between hopes and plans. In previous terms band members have hoped to see GNR finish an album, now it's a plan. You couldn't have two better accounts than those of Beta and Axl. You could hardly describe finishing a near complete record a 'grueling process'.

You interpret Axl's "definite maybe" and "thinking about" as a PLAN? It seems to me you are grasping at straws.

Yes and if you look at his quote, he's said the process has started since the cessation of last year's tour. He also deems the brief Australia, and Middle Eastern run part of the spontaneity. Never before has Richard spoke in such terms, the focus has switched, don't be surprised by sporadic dates, but it won't manifest itself into a World Tour.

Axl hasn't in any way positively referred to new music since he attacked anybody that would potentially raise the question in 2009. Until now. The fact Axl said we rather he had contemplated putting Silkworms out there could suggest rather than a debate about simply putting music out there there's an internal debate regarding a potential tracklist. After all, we've witnessed this before when Finck convinced Axl to include This I Love on Chinese Democracy.

No; Beta Lebeis' actual quote 'that's the plan'.

There were solid re-release plans on 2009, 2010 and 2011. There are copies of the Red Hand booklet that acome with copyrights to Geffen signed on 2009, instead of the usual 2008. That's a fact that most people pass by and don't notice the importance of it. It means that at some point on 2009, things were actually happening.

Still, I agree that it seems that the band is way more focused on new materla now than they were previously. I'm not gonna get excited, though.

By the way, why did you say that the camp leak the 11 songs to MSL? He never said that, as far as I know.

You actually think GNR didn't take valuable lessons from the way Chinese Democracy was handled? :lol:
That's exactly what I think. It's been the same story for the last 20 years. :lol:

There were solid re-release plans on 2009, 2010 and 2011. There are copies of the Red Hand booklet that acome with copyrights to Geffen signed on 2009, instead of the usual 2008. That's a fact that most people pass by and don't notice the importance of it. It means that at some point on 2009, things were actually happening.

Still, I agree that it seems that the band is way more focused on new materla now than they were previously. I'm not gonna get excited, though.

By the way, why did you say that the camp leak the 11 songs to MSL? He never said that, as far as I know.

Re-release. Not new music. GNR have moved on from the idea of pushing Chinese Democracy via a re-release/remix version. I'm not sure you're correct in saying there were concrete re-release plans for 2009. The album was released in late 2008, it could be the planned alternative booklets (A,B,C) were only really manufactured properly the next year.

I don't necessarily mean anybody currently in the camp but I wouldn't rule it out either. Could have been a bitter ex-employee, someone trying to fast-track new releases, unprofessional behavior on Brain's part. Apologies if I misled you.

That's exactly what I think. It's been the same story for the last 20 years. :lol:

More fool you. GNR have been ratifying past errors for the last two years.

No. Maybe, just maybe, 2014.

This. If the live releases do well I can see a 2014 release being a possibility.

Never before has a band's discography depended on a live release. It would be farcical for the label to prevent a new GNR record because 'Appetite for Democracy' didn't shift serious units.

2013 will see much new music,

although I doubt Gn'R will be among the names, but then again what do I know, then again what does anyone know (here on this board).

All in all, a pointless thread..

Edited by vaida

No. Maybe, just maybe, 2014.

This. If the live releases do well I can see a 2014 release being a possibility.

So...no.

Whats your problem?

being realistic is a problem now?

Oh please fuck off with your trolling drama.

IMO it will sell as much as other live DVD's sell this day and age.

Re-release. Not new music. GNR have moved on from the idea of pushing Chinese Democracy via a re-release/remix version. I'm not sure you're correct in saying there were concrete re-release plans for 2009. The album was released in late 2008, it could be the planned alternative booklets (A,B,C) were only really manufactured properly the next year.

I don't necessarily mean anybody currently in the camp but I wouldn't rule it out either. Could have been a bitter ex-employee, someone trying to fast-track new releases, unprofessional behavior on Brain's part. Apologies if I misled you.

If you say so fella. :lol:

NURSE! NURSE! He's out of his room again! Bring the straitjacket and plenty of thorazine this time! :lol:

We can only dream.

I haven't been checking in as much. What does the band's management team say about it? Beta is managing the band, right? I remember Fernando referring GnR as "his" band.

What have these two said concerning the release of new music from their band, GnR? It's been five years since the last album. Surely they have made an official statement or two?

Actually, on reflection you're right! Totally correct 100%! :lol:

I'm assuming you know the meaning of the word "ratify" yes? :lol:

Edited by Dazey