Guns n Roses Rider

sword&tulipz

No, because it provides *some* with additional ammo.

Back to riders, one I have Personally known of involved a prog/rock band and what flavor of body Gel was preferred.

(they use oxygen too :shock: )

Can anyone explain why he needs more oxygen? Is it because he used to smoke a lot? People with normal lungs shouldn't really need extra oxygen

Several reasons: Think about it : Bands like this play at a concert venue at sea level where oxygen is high and then go to say- Denver Colorado (mile high city) where the air /oxygen is thin... Axl lives in California and is acclimated to California so his red blood cell count is tuned to that elevation. Singing requiress stamia and combined with all the running around , the bodies red blood cell count that delivers Oxygen to the body is strained when the air is thinner than what is required.. It has to do with how the blood is able to deliver oxygen to the body(fuel to the body) . if Axl is used to having a huge supply of oxygen at sea level and then goes up in elevation his body gets starved for air. This supplements him and keeps him from hyperventilating/hypoxia on stage and resupplys "fuel to his muscles and body. Many elite atheletes that play here in Denver go to the sideline to get oxygen ...and there are several that cannot perform because the air is too thin.

Every year in Colorado we have tourists that die from altitude sickness..the body shuts down, intense headaches , muscles cramp, disoriented thinking..uncoordinated walking..slurred speach etc. heart attacks. strokes.

Edited by rockerman

I bet he is using extra oxygen because he has done a lot of smoking over the years, which affects how much O2 is transfered from the lungs to the blood. Also, when singing and running around as much as he does, oxygen between songs could make him restitue faster.

That's my bet.

I have a rider somewhere from the from a show 06 with full instruction. I'll route it out if anyone is that interested.

As for the oxygen I honestly think it's just for a faster recovery, Axl does a lot of screams and can't be doing that out of breath. There is a video of IRS from 2010 on one of the south american shows where Axl is missing parts out, this is probably an example of not recovering in time .

I

I bet he is using extra oxygen because he has done a lot of smoking over the years, which affects how much O2 is transfered from the lungs to the blood. Also, when singing and running around as much as he does, oxygen between songs could make him restitue faster.

That's my bet.

I inherently distrust gambling doctors for some strange, unknown reason I like honest doctors, :lol:

I have a rider somewhere from the from a show 06 with full instruction. I'll route it out if anyone is that interested.

As for the oxygen I honestly think it's just for a faster recovery, Axl does a lot of screams and can't be doing that out of breath. There is a video of IRS from 2010 on one of the south american shows where Axl is missing parts out, this is probably an example of not recovering in time .

This, It's a convenient band-aid

Edited by sailaway

Here is the rider/backstage catering from somewhere in Austrailia in 2007, nabbed it from my girlfriend and I've no idea how she got it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sh6a2xz7oomgj9/img-1181404-0001.pdf

I've never shared a dropbox link before so I hope that is right.

Fascinating. Is all that for one evening? I am assuming he does a lot of entertaining in his dressing room!

Here is the rider/backstage catering from somewhere in Austrailia in 2007, nabbed it from my girlfriend and I've no idea how she got it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sh6a2xz7oomgj9/img-1181404-0001.pdf

I've never shared a dropbox link before so I hope that is right.

Fascinating. Is all that for one evening? I am assuming he does a lot of entertaining in his dressing room!

probably for all the models and team brazil.

All of that was for 38 people during the day and 58 at night time. It is a lot of mouths to feed. I presume all this comes out of the bands buget anyway, the arena aren't going to give them all that for free. Interesting to know Axl has a meal before and after a show.