Could ANYTHING have lured Izzy back?

A question:

When Izzy quit in 1991, I'm sure Axl and the band begged him to reconsider....Was there anything, any condition or compromise by the band, that could've lured Izzy into staying at that time? Axl claims Izzy sent him a list of demands, "This changes, that changes, and maybe I'll do the tour." Do you have any idea what changes Izzy could've wanted? And what do you feel was the BIGGEST factor in Izzy quitting?

Many different reasons which I have listed many time in the past but the one thing that I know for sure is he didn't want to spend big money of videos. He called me before he quit and we talked about that. His idea for Don't Cry was to use a bunch of my old videos. Also Duff lists a bunch of reasons in his book

As Niven said, Izzy left for about 5 million reasons...

- The cheesy videos

- Axl's lateness at shows and general rock star bullshit

- Slash and Duff's drug/alcohol abuse (Izzy wanted to do the whole Aerosmith, avoid all intoxins, detox thing)

- Niven being sacked. Niven and Izzy were close apparently. It is telling that Izzy hired Alan Niven for the Ju Ju Hounds.

http://www.chopaway.com/articles/classicrock2001.php

This Izzy interview makes it pretty clear why he left

Yes, this is a great interview. I was reading some old interviews and found an interesting Axl's statement (maybe shines some light on Axl's "control freak" side). He calls Mick Jagger a dictator (But after working with Jagger it was like, don’t anybody ever call me a dictator again. You go work for the Stones and you’ll find out the hard way what working for a real dictator is like!) , but later somehow he turned into one...

Axl: /.../ Not Jagger, anyway. That guy walks off stage and does paper work. He checks everything. That guy is involved in every little aspect of the show, from what the backing singers are getting paid to what a particular part of the PA costs to buy or hire. He is on top of all of it. Him and his lawyer and a couple of guys he hangs out with. But basically, it’s all him. And this is where I sympathise. I mean, I don’t sit around checking the gate receipts at the end of every show, but sometimes the frontman.... I don’t know. You don’t plan on that job when you join the band. You don’t want that job. You don’t wanna be that guy to the guys in your band that you hang out with and you look up to. But somebody’s got to do it. Not Jagger, anyway. That guy walks off stage and does paper work. He checks everything. That guy is involved in every little aspect of the show, from what the backing singers are getting paid to what a particular part of the PA costs to buy or hire. He is on top of all of it. Him and his lawyer and a couple of guys he hangs out with. But basically, it’s all him. And this is where I sympathise. I mean, I don’t sit around checking the gate receipts at the end of every show, but sometimes the frontman.... I don’t know. You don’t plan on that job when you join the band. You don’t want that job. You don’t wanna be that guy to the guys in your band that you hang out with and you look up to. But somebody’s got to do it. /...

(Stick To Your Guns, Kerrang, 1990)

Funny part of the article:

"It was 1983 and Izzy was living in a small apartment in Huntington Beach, an LA suburn"

First off, it's SUBURB and seconds, HB is like 45 minutes away from LA and it's part of Orange County, not LA County. It's like saying San Diego, which is 2 hours south if HB is an LA suburb.

Best quote ever (I can just picture Axl n Izzy smoking pot and acting like Beavis n Butthead)- "it was pretty much like Beavis And Butthead, actually."