Why are Guns N' Roses forums so active?

ManetsBR

Among the bands that still exist, Guns N' Roses is one of the most if not the most inactive and with less (useful) communication with the fans.

Bon Jovi, for example. They release one album every two or three years, and have an amazing website, and their communication with the fans should be an example to every band. Last week I went on the biggest Bon Jovi forum there is to check on the rumors of Richie Sambora leaving the band, and I must say that, alhtough there's always something going on with the band, the forum didn't have half the activity this one has. Why is that? I really don't understand.

Its cause everything about GNR is a mystery, and always has been - Its not like any other band. If bands are more outspoken and tweeting every 2 minutes no one is bothered about forums. When Axl tweet's, the earth stands still. The less that is known makes more people intrigued to find out more information, and this is where they end up.

Guest NGOG

You could literally write a sociology essay on MyGNR. I think when you deprive somebody of something; it only makes them want it more, even if it isn’t necessarily worth it. I use the analogy of someone you’re attracted to. If you like them and want more, but they rebuff your affection, it has the effect of you wanting them even more, even if they aren’t that big a deal. It’s a flaw in the human psychology. Whereas you look at another girl or boy, and they completely reciprocate your interest, possibly too much, it’s weirdly offputting even though in reality, more rewarding.

You could literally write a sociology essay on MyGNR. I think when you deprive somebody of something; it only makes them want it more, even if it isn’t necessarily worth it. I use the analogy of someone you’re attracted to. If you like them and want more, but they rebuff your affection, it has the effect of you wanting them even more, even if they aren’t that big a deal. It’s a flaw in the human psychology. Whereas you look at another girl or boy, and they completely reciprocate your interest, possibly too much, it’s weirdly offputting even though in reality, more rewarding.

Ha ha. So true.

For a long time, it was active because there was a chance at a reunion. But most people realize now that Axl will never allow it to happen. I guess I'm still here to watch Axl do what he does. But it is really boring at times.

I first noticed this when I tried to find fan forums for some of my other favorite bands. I had just assumed there was an equivalent "MyGNR" forum for "Band A." After a few minutes of google searching I found out how wrong I was. GNR has such a unique fan base.

We have the coolest forums, not only to talk about GNR but other bands as well... and for some reason more people fans of GNR come to the forums and the internet then any other band...

I guess bands that could come close to GNR in terms of forums being active are Metallica and Van Halen and maybe 2 Pac as well!

Edited by AndreCC

Cause GNR rocks, that's why! Well objectively speaking controversity is one of the big reasons. Old GNR fanatics vs New GNR fanatics and everything between. And then there's of course the fact that when you know for sure that the next album is always coming out in a couple of years, then you start to take it for granted, and you don't have any reason to come to the forums to see if there's any news about the next album, cause you know it's coming out in a couple of years like it always does. That's not the case with GNR.

in terms of size and activity, we beat metallica, led zeppelin, aerosmith, black sabbath, van halen and it would seem even the rolling stones and all the other big bands

i have NO IDEA why

it must be because we are full of love, support, hearing each other's opinions, agreeing, and thinking that it is ok and acceptable to like both current line ups and past (sometimes top hatted) members

Because Axl's always been a one hell of a charismatic frontman to watch and still is after all these years....

On Gn'R it was 80% about Axl and 20% about Slash, on nuGn'R it's ALL about W. Axl Rose.

It's because they did everything right and then just disappeared, GN'R were the epitome of Rock n' Roll, the defintive rock n' roll band and certainly one of the most charismatic bands ever. They were the whole package. Add to that the whole mysticism of Axl becoming a recluse and tinkering for 10+ years to a masterpiece of epic proportions (what it should have been) to take revenge on his old bandmates and prove that 'he' is Guns n' Roses. There is just something that is very intriguing to the old band and Axl's attitude in the mysterious Bucket/Finck era (his rants at RIR III, the quest of one man to reinvent the best RnR band of all-time).

The world is still waiting for a swan song album by Axl Rose, because the Guns N' Roses legacy feels unfinished (and certainly sucks the way it is now).

Umm is that true? I suspected so tbh. Cuz Guns N' Roses is the greatest band bar none, and so many more aren't worth talking about. It makes me proud that the Guns boards are the most active. One day Guns might rule the world again.

Guns are a band people care about. Guns wrote many perfect rock songs, their the reason we are here.

The volume of posting is correlated with the band's quality/output. Back in 2009-2010 the forums were still active and people were actively seeking out bootlegs.

Now that the band is shitty and predictable, we've delved into self-parody.

It was inevitable.