Why on Earth Did Stones Invited Katy Perry and Not Axl/GNR to Perform With Them?

ChristmasFnatic

They wanted Slash first but he turned them down because of the whole Bon Jovi thing.I wonder if this stint in BJ might force Axl to let Slash rejoin gnr and Beta to join Bon Jovi and Duff to become the new lead singer and official biographer of both bands?I love the new band but I want Axl to let the new guys shine like beautiful stars in the night sky and not change their name to Bon Jovi.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt the stones are even aware axl is alive anymore.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Also I doubt axl would accept the offer. A viral video of axl getting shown up by a guy in his 70's would be pretty embarrassing.

True. Axl is a joke compared with Mick.

Are you fucking kidding me? Mick has never been a good singer. Let alone have any kind of range like Axl's.

Guest NGOG

I don't know, some deluded Axl fans think that Axl's band is in the same league as The Rolling Stones. These fans are so funny. :lol:

The Rolling Stones wanted GNR to open their shows in 2006. Musn't be regarded as too shabby by their peers then.

They wanted Slash first but he turned them down because of the whole Bon Jovi thing.I wonder if this stint in BJ might force Axl to let Slash rejoin gnr and Beta to join Bon Jovi and Duff to become the new lead singer and official biographer of both bands?I love the new band but I want Axl to let the new guys shine like beautiful stars in the night sky and not change their name to Bon Jovi.

Bon Jovi already has Phil X covering for Richie.

stones sold out long time ago. went to see them live in 2007, left after an our and a half...

"sold out" hahahha You dont even know what that means, its just cool to say. The stones (the original) band has been together forever. Not sure how they "sold out". If touring and releasing music with the same guys for 50 years is selling out, I wish Axk and the original would have as wel. GNR are my favirite band too, but lets talk real here. At one time, gnr (the original----axl, slash, duff, izzy, stepehn and maybe even Matt) were once being compared to the stones. a younger version. Its ashame they could not get their shit together and stay together. Mick did some solo stuff, but he always came back to the guys who made them popular

I heard that the Stones wanted GN'R to open for them a while back in the mid-2000's, but only if it was the original lineup... not sure if there is any truth to that

GNR was going to open some German dates for the Rolling Stones in 2006, but Keith Richards was injured and the shows were cancelled

I wonder if this is going to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJcbywH9As

sarstock, I was there, AC/DC destroyed any other band that night it was killer kids, old folks singing and dancin

but anyway Mick got that jackass up to get back at the crowd after they threw shit at him on his set, I dont like him but I was shocked he had the balls to get up there alone singing his junk with 500,000 rock fans.

Edited by gunsguy

I'm sure if it was to perform just one song, like Salt Of The Earth, Dead Flowers or Sympathy For The Devil, Axl would be able to pull it off perfectly.

No, no he would not.

The man hasn't turned in a solid vocal performance in almost three years.

Yes, but he performs 3 years every night. As I said, if he had to sing ONE song, and specially not a hard one like the Stones songs he likes/plays, he would be able to pull it off. I'm sure.

...there's no evidence that he's holding back. His voice cracks and sounds like garbage.

If he couldn't turn it on for Izzy, he's not turning it on for anyone

I wonder if this is going to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJcbywH9As

Aw, look at Keith n Ronnie faces when this clown shows up.

I heard that the Stones wanted GN'R to open for them a while back in the mid-2000's, but only if it was the original lineup... not sure if there is any truth to that

GNR was going to open some German dates for the Rolling Stones in 2006, but Keith Richards was injured and the shows were cancelled

Keith got injured trying to smoke a palm.

I'm sure if it was to perform just one song, like Salt Of The Earth, Dead Flowers or Sympathy For The Devil, Axl would be able to pull it off perfectly.

No, no he would not.

There were some pretty good ones in Vegas, particularly the show that they played TWAT at and rehearsed for the night before.

He'd do Dead Flowers just fine.

Edited by bacardimayne

Haha :D

i wouldn't be laughing about it, it really sucks for him. :(

Why would Axl care about some random kid on mygnrforum claiming that Axl hasn't turned in a solid vocal performance in almost three years? Fact is that he has been turning in solid vocal performances regularly these last years, as evidenced by reviews saying just so.

Just for fun I checked the very last review I have in my database, from the Beirut show this year:

"Almost 30 years with the band, and Axel Rose has definitely still got it, with infinite amounts of energy and a voice that still has the same power and emotion as ever."

I mean, it is obvious the journalist from BeirutNightLife wasn't intimately familiar with the band since she misspelled the name, but that just suggests she is unbiased in judging the performance, and it is obvious what she says above must at least translate to "a solid vocal performance".

So again, haha :D

Edited by SoulMonster

Why would Axl care about some random kid on mygnrforum claiming that Axl hasn't turned in a solid vocal performance in almost three years? Fact is that he has been turning in solid vocal performances regularly these last years, as evidenced by reviews saying just so.

am i saying he cares? if he cared about the sound of his voice he wouldn't be even performing anymore...

Edited by maynard

am i saying he cares? if he cared about the sound of his voice he wouldn't be even performing anymore...

You sort of implied that when you claimed that "it sucks for him" ;). But I guess what you meant was: "I wouldn't be laughing about it, it really sucks for me".

You sort of implied that when you claimed that "it sucks for him" ;). But I guess what you meant was: "I wouldn't be laughing about it, it really sucks for me".

you make no sense at all, as always.