ChiDem working titles and their actual titles

ManetsBR

Oklahoma -> Berlin

Lies They Tell -> Scraped

Elvis Presley And The Monster Of Soul -> Soul Monster

Zodiac was described as an industrial rock song, that's the only info we have on this song. I was wondering, what if it is actually Shackler's Revenge? I know it's based on Bucket's song "The Shackler", but the song fits the description very well.

Yeah, I remember that. But what if it was a different song? The tracklist was changed moments before the limit date, remember the whole Atlas Shrugged issue?

And for a brief moment Catcher In The Rye was only Catcher.

Edited by ManetsBR

If The World sounds better than If, but I think it should have been "If The World (Would End Today)".

I think Lies They Tell is a title way better than Scraped (which was also called Scrapped for the same brief moment of when CITR was Catcher, if I'm not mistaken).

And in case anyone is wondering, Atlas Shrugged has nothing to do with the book, except for a line where Axl talks about having the whole world on his shoulders.

Edited by ManetsBR

Yeah, I suppose Beta's Barn could very well be Better.

Well, Atlas Shrugged was supposed to be on the tracklist, and a couple of days before they had to sent the final tracklist, Bumblefoot tried to work a little bit on it's solo, but unfortunately the song would pass the 74 minutes limit

And Chinese Democracy is definately not a quick song, and has been called like that since 2001, so I don't think it's Quick Song.

Edited by ManetsBR

Yeah, I remember that. But what if it was a different song? The tracklist was changed moments before the limit date, remember the whole Atlas Shrugged issue?

I don't remember the Atlas issue, could you refresh my memory?

Atlas took CD over 94 minutes. cds can only hold 94 minutes worth of music.

If The World sounds better than If, but I think it should have been "If The World (Would End Today)".

I think Lies They Tell is a title way better than Scraped (which was also called Scrapped for the same brief moment of when CITR was Catcher, if I'm not mistaken).

And in case anyone is wondering, Atlas Shrugged has nothing to do with the book, except for a line where Axl talks about having the whole world on his shoulders.

So are you claiming to have heard it?

The actual quote:

Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough (Axl chats on the forums, December 2008)

The actual quote from Bumblefoot:

I was going to tell a little story about that song, cause right now on my laptop I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song when two days before the album was going to be mastered it was like, "Let's see if we can squeeze it unto the album". And I busted out some guitar tracks for it. I just had my own studio. But because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, that's just how long a CD could be, it would have taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. And it wasn't worth making a two CD album that would just have one song on the other CD. Hopefully on ChiDem2 it's have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]

The actual quote: Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough (Axl chats on the forums, December 2008)

Yeah, I remember that. But what if it was a different song? The tracklist was changed moments before the limit date, remember the whole Atlas Shrugged issue?And for a brief moment Catcher In The Rye was only Catcher.

The actual quote from Bumblefoot: I was going to tell a little story about that song, cause right now on my laptop I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song when two days before the album was going to be mastered it was like, "Let's see if we can squeeze it unto the album". And I busted out some guitar tracks for it. I just had my own studio. But because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, that's just how long a CD could be, it would have taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. And it wasn't worth making a two CD album that would just have one song on the other CD. Hopefully on ChiDem2 it's have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]

Thank you for the clarification :thumbsup:

Saves time, in looking up quotes

Doing what you believe in is kind of what the book is about? I doubt theres lyrics like 'Dagny is my moral righteous equal, try unprincipled setting of molten steeeel'

From rons quote I got he can record parts on his own studio so he doesnt really need to hit the studio. Pavements first record was done by US mail wothout the band ever meeting.

He also refered to CD II. The dream is real.

Doing what you believe in is kind of what the book is about? I doubt theres lyrics like 'Dagny is my moral righteous equal, try unprincipled setting of molten steeeel'From rons quote I got he can record parts on his own studio so he doesnt really need to hit the studio. Pavements first record was done by US mail wothout the band ever meeting.He also refered to CD II. The dream is real.

"The Dagny song" :lol:

The dream is indeed real, not over

Exactly, you may say im a dreamer,but I'm not the only one....

Q: Axl, here's a list of

rumored song titles. Can

you tell us which ones are

bogus and which ones are

real?

Ides Of March ('98),

Oklahoma ('98), Atlas

Shrugged ('99), Closing In

On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach

Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe

('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99),

No Love Remains ('99), Oh