ChiDem working titles and their actual titles

ManetsBR

I don't think Beta's Barn is a hoax. And what prove do we have that Stardust is Street of Dreams? It has always been called The Blues, I don't think they would change it right before the release and then change it again to Street of Dreams.

Guest NGOG

It was MSL that stated Street of Dreams was at one point referred to as 'Stardust'. I'm happy that in the end Axl opted for either The Blues or Street of Dreams because Stardust is very Bon Jovi or Whitesnake (although Street of Dreams is a Whitesnake lyric).

I've always found it fascinating that Axl penned three songs on concepts that later in the century would eventually become Hollywood films. Atlas Shrugged - Zodiac and The Ides of March. He obviously has a grasp on the nature of popular culture/what can potentially interest people.

Edited by NGOG

Heard a rumor once that he had on the late 90s access to hundreds of Hollywood scripts. You guys probably knows that the vast majority of the films have been locked as scripts way before they actually are filmed. Also heard that there was a GNR song called Sucker Punch.

Guest NGOG

Heard a rumor once that he had on the late 90s access to hundreds of Hollywood scripts.

When grunge hit, the system probably wanted to incorporate Axl into the film industry. He had the look and name (and intensity) to do some flicks. Perhaps he has ghostwritten some things for Hollywood. He is clearly an innovator with regards taboo subjects. Hollywood needs to keep up with Axl. There'll probably be a huge blockbuster on the theme of Chinese Democracy or Lennon's death soon.

I don't think Beta's Barn is a hoax. And what prove do we have that Stardust is Street of Dreams? It has always been called The Blues, I don't think they would change it right before the release and then change it again to Street of Dreams.

i don't have the time to search old posts, but believe me, beta's barn is a joke from a forum member.

And in case anyone is wondering, Atlas Shrugged has nothing to do with the book, except for a line where Axl talks about having the whole world on his shoulders.

The actual quote:

Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough (Axl chats on the forums, December 2008)

Yeah, I remember that. But what if it was a different song? The tracklist was changed moments before the limit date, remember the whole Atlas Shrugged issue?

And for a brief moment Catcher In The Rye was only Catcher.

I don't remember the Atlas issue, could you refresh my memory?

Atlas took CD over 94 minutes. cds can only hold 94 minutes worth of music.

The actual quote from Bumblefoot:

I was going to tell a little story about that song, cause right now on my laptop I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song when two days before the album was going to be mastered it was like, "Let's see if we can squeeze it unto the album". And I busted out some guitar tracks for it. I just had my own studio. But because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, that's just how long a CD could be, it would have taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. And it wasn't worth making a two CD album that would just have one song on the other CD. Hopefully on ChiDem2 it's have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song [Eat More Heat! Live Chat, March 2013]

Sorry 74 minutes. Couldn't remember exactly.

i don't have the time to search old posts, but believe me, beta's barn is a joke from a forum member.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/147443-interview-with-chris-pitman/

Chris:yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many i don't even remember now!

but to think of a favorite song right now as we speak,

i would have to say its one called 'Beta's Barn'

believe me. lol