Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators - Anastasia (Live in Sydney)

Bruno P.

This is the best Slash song since Starlight - maybe even since Fall to Pieces. The intro is great! The intro riff is awesome, Myles' vocals are awesome as well and the chorus is catchy. The solo is another highlight - but I have something to say about it. To me it sounds great, he does some improv live and it sounds good to me because it's a Hard Rock song with a fast paced outro, so he's supposed to play as fast as he does. Some purists would label it as unnecessary, but I say 'fuck them'. He's doing some impressive alt picking and legato runs, which he didn't really do (not to the same extent) in his GnR days.

I swear Todd and Brent, are such a bonus to have. The tightest possible drummer, and Todd is like having a 3rd frontman, AND flawless on the harmonies, which not every live band can do.

Absolutely!

God damn that's a good band!

I completely disagree. I've seen better bar bands, Especially where vocals and bass are concerned. Slash on the other hand, now that's the Slash that I miss.

cupcake fail

There has to be a cupcake attempt in order for there to be a cupcake fail. Complimenting Slash is in no way an attempt. One day you'll catch on.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

The guy is a hack. Who would ever listen to this guy anymore when we have Ashba, and the years of music he's given us. Ashba is an icon.

THIS is how it's done D_S.

Trust me, if I feel like trolling Slash there is nobody here that could give me a lesson on how to do it. :shrugs:

I feel like alot of people sleep on "Not for Me".

Next to Anastasia, I think it is the 2nd best song on the album as it has a really great vocal (and very easy to relate to lyrics) from Myles on it and the guitars have a vintage Slash sound to them.

Also loving the new version of Gotten they are doing. I really liked the studio track (many didn't) but the new outro is all kinds of awesome, and hearing it live now is totally what the studio version was missing.

Loving this band though, and can't wait to see what the 2nd album sounds like as there is bound to be some growth from the 1st considering they were still only together no more than a year and a half or so when it was written.

Edited by Naupis

I completely disagree. I've seen better bar bands, Especially where vocals and bass are concerned. Slash on the other hand, now that's the Slash that I miss.
cupcake failThere has to be a cupcake attempt in order for there to be a cupcake fail. Complimenting Slash is in no way an attempt. One day you'll catch on.I reflect your first two sentences. What you said about Slash, it's just a legit opinion.

cupcake fail
There has to be a cupcake attempt in order for there to be a cupcake fail. Complimenting Slash is in no way an attempt. One day you'll catch on.I reflect your first two sentences. What you said about Slash, it's just a legit opinion.

My first two sentences are also my opinion. Don't really care if you like it or not.

Trust me, if I feel like trolling Slash there is nobody here that could give me a lesson on how to do it. :shrugs:

Well first off, no, don't trust you. And second, I've seen plenty of people here do it better.

As long as I can make people like you cry, which I do each and every single time, I'm fine with being average. :shrugs:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I feel like alot of people sleep on "Not for Me".

Next to Anastasia, I think it is the 2nd best song on the album as it has a really great vocal (and very easy to relate to lyrics) from Myles on it and the guitars have a vintage Slash sound to them.

Also loving the new version of Gotten they are doing. I really liked the studio track (many didn't) but the new outro is all kinds of awesome, and hearing it live now is totally what the studio version was missing.

Loving this band though, and can't wait to see what the 2nd album sounds like as there is bound to be some growth from the 1st considering they were still only together no more than a year and a half or so when it was written.

Good calls on all accounts, Not for Me, Gotten, and especially album#2!

Personally, I'd be OK with them delaying album#2 if Myles decided to put lyrics on the mystical "The Project" album VR did w/Izzy b4 he jetted and used Gilby as a touring guitarist if this chaos thing goes over well, but thats just me

I've heard this a few times on the radio and Slash's guitar prowess is on full display.It would be myles better if it was released as an istrumental.

Edited by cbgnr