Who should produce the next album (if there will ever be one)?

Blusky Grenfield

Most of you don't even know he difference between producer and mixing. Blaming rubin for how loud death magnetic and then praising bob rock for "his sound" on load. Lmfao

Edited by nambis

Most of you don't even know he difference between producer and mixing. Blaming rubin for how loud death magnetic and then praising bob rock for "his sound" on load. Lmfao

rubin also was overseeing the mix of death magnetic and also the one that brickwalled the sound and it was that way before even being mastered. lars also said that the control was given to rubin, same goes with world painted blood by slayer. no one is confusing anything. rick rubin is a shit producer.

Edited by bran

you guys are seriously picking some random guy on the internet over Rick Rubin? jesusfuckingchrist, this place is full of fucking imbeciles.

yes

Rick Rubin just an ugly long haired and bearded dwarf who won't do jackshit for the bands

maybe

but you worship a stupid ugly lazy dwarf

lol

Bob Rock? Controversial - isn't he 'the guy who destroyed Metallica'? I actually do not believe that but I am merely quoting what many think. I actually love his sound on Load.

also did Dr Feelgood.

Mutt Lange maybe but if really going all out get Jimmy Page and Axl to produce it in Rio with 20 million budget.

Rubin was good when he was doing Johnny Cash, Slayer et. al. It is just these days - for some reason, all of his albums now sound like shit (RHCP, Metallica).

If Axl is going to do that second 'more electronic' album which he once talked about, how about Aphex Twin?

Rubin was good when he was doing Johnny Cash, Slayer et. al. It is just these days - for some reason, all of his albums now sound like shit (RHCP, Metallica).

If Axl is going to do that second 'more electronic' album which he once talked about, how about Aphex Twin?

Axl covering Windowlicker would be cool. I think Aphex is a bit too far out. I doubt he'd do anything like that. maybe Brian Eno is name I could see next to GNR in terms of electronica. Nigel Godrich maybe.

To do a kick ass record with the current guys I'd try Don Gilmore. But Axl and Dj probably have it covered.

Edited by wasted

It will probably be the same production team as last time with some extra producer credits added. Like "additional guitars on Soul Monster produced by Dj Ashba" or "extra guitar solos on Atlas Shrugged produced by Ron Thal"