Which song features more impressive music. Prostitute or This I Love?

Guest Gunns

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

tearing away the layers...

basically the whole of this i love

or

most notably at: 4:46 onwards for Prostitute

which one do you prefer?

Guest Gunns

the orchestral arrangment behind the solo in This I Love (which you cant really here at all in the studio version, only in the isolated stems) is in my opinion some of the best pieces of scoring i've heard.

Edited by Gunns

Hard to say. The thing that made me love Chinese that much were the instrumentals. The orchestration in This I Love is awesome, especially behind the solo. That being said, Robin's solo was the most beautiful on the album hands down. It goes to unexpected places and it fits perfectly with the mood of the song. It complements Axl's vocals amazingly well when Axl gets back singing. The note he holds right before Axl sings "I hoped she'd never leave me" until the end of the solo is fkn beautiful. Also his tone is truly beautiful - this is what fucks up Ashba's version the most, more so than the lack of the main bends. The way they made the arrangements sound so full and perfectly placed together isn't quite impressive, but it is amazing. The rhythm behind the solo is great as the notes are played exactly when they were supposed to be played and it improves the song a lot to me - kudos to Ron here.

Prostitute gets my vote. Robin's playing here is really tasteful, but Bucket steals the show. Add to that Ron's rhythm bringing the choruses to a more chaotic and heavier rocker. Bucket's guitar on the verses sound killer, but it's too low on the mix. I'm glad that live it's much higher on the mix though. The first solo makes a perfect transition from a rocker to a softer bit of the song. The "ask yourself" bit is the climax of the song. Bucket's lick behind Axl's vocals is sublime (these little details totally make the songs, if you don't pay enough attention you'll miss out but they're there improving drastically some moments of the songs), I love Axl's high clean vocals that lead to Bucket's amazing whammy guitar solo which ends the main part of the song perfectly. The orchestration and the piano after that are truly beautiful and inspiring as well.

Edited by Bruno Poeys