Never to be heard live again?

sword&tulipz

Will "One in A Million" ever be played live again by Guns n Roses?

Its one of my favourite tracks of all time by the band (except some of the lyrics). Got a really good tune. However I cnt see it being played again live by the band. Times have changed (it was controversial even back then) and Axl seems to have mellowed a bit lately.

When was the last time they played this live? Do you think it will be played again live?

Guest bellastar2355

When was the last time they played this live? Do you think it will be played again live?

Last time was at the Limelight, USA, on January 31, 1988.

I am quite confident it will never be played again.

A few days after I was born lol... funny when I think about it like that...

People are too lame, butt hurt and politically correct today to deserve to hear it.

Agreed

Lyrics are great

Last time was at the Limelight, USA, on January 31, 1988.

I am quite confident it will never be played again.

A few days after I was born lol... funny when I think about it like that...

People are too lame, butt hurt and politically correct today to deserve to hear it.

Agreed

You guys are so hip and edgy.

Rock lyrics degrading police, n*ggers, f*ggots and immigrants.........ya, people who don't worship lyrics like that are lame and butt hurt.

You guys probably think John Rocker should have ran for president.

Anybody over the age of 15 that thinks those lyrics are something Axl should be proud of............you really, really need to take a look at your life and your values.

what a shame that this great music got ruined by those idiotic lyrics

great job axl :no:

I couldn't agree more.

Great melody, great guitar work, love the electric guitar that comes in, the solo, how the tension builds, just perfect.

Exactly, it's a good song with stupid lyrics.

Edited by pi2loc

I couldn't agree more.

Great melody, great guitar work, love the electric guitar that comes in, the solo, how the tension builds, just perfect.

You have to put it in context. Are NWA albums "racist" because they refer to white people a crackers? Wu-tang (and many other rap albums) used to use the word f@ggot all the time.

Edited by Coma16

I couldn't agree more.

You have to put it in context. Are NWA albums "racist" because they refer to white people a crackers? Wu-tang (and many other rap albums) used to use the word f@ggot all the time.

Exactly this.

I couldn't agree more.

Exactly this.

Exactly.

What the world needs today is more people writing hate lyrics about all the dang dirty n*ggers, f*ggots, police and immigrants.

And Coma, you really aren't that stupid are you? I know you are a hardcore Axl Nutter and worship everything he does.........but please tell me you were just being sarcastic with your NWA comments. You were just being sarcastic or trying to be funny, right?

Edited by Groghan

I couldn't agree more.

Exactly this.

Exactly.

What the world needs today is more people writing hate lyrics about all the dang dirty n*ggers, f*ggots, police and immigrants.

And Coma, you really aren't that stupid are you? I know you are a hardcore Axl Nutter and worship everything he does.........but please tell me you were just being sarcastic with your NWA comments. You were just being sarcastic or trying to be funny, right?

I just don't vie OIAM as a "hate" song. And are you denying that NWA (and many other rappers) make fun and mock white people and homosexuals?

I couldn't agree more.

Dude, I love NWA and I'm not saying Axl was a stupid racist fuck for writing those lyrics. You just don't fuckin' ruin a great song by putting "those" lyrics there.

I couldn't agree more.

Dude, I love NWA and I'm not saying Axl was a stupid racist fuck for writing those lyrics. You just don't fuckin' ruin a great song by putting "those" lyrics there.

I can't argue with you being that the lyrics are why the song will never be played again. I just think they are taken out of context is all.

I couldn't agree more.

Everybody has an opinion, mine is that it is a good song. It may be controversial but its a good song.

It's one young mans story of leaving the small town for the big city, and his experiences in doing so. Not hateful IMO.

It is what it is. Changing the lyrics now would just neuter it. No point. In fact, it would only draw attention to the fact that Axl caved in to societal pressure and the whole PC movement that has completely pussified America.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with shit. I'm not condoning a song that says n i gg az and fa g ots and I'm not saying it's bullshit either. All I'm saying is, it's how Axl felt around 1987-88 and it should always reflect that and never be censored cause some asshole is butthurt about it.

On topic, here are a few other songs that will never ever be performed live again by W. Axl Rose:

Anything Goes

Reckless Life

Move To The City

Right Next Door To Hell

Perfect Crime

You Ain't The First

Bad Obsession

Back Off Bitch

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Garden of Eden

Bad Apples