Never to be heard live again?

sword&tulipz

It is what it is. Changing the lyrics now would just neuter it. No point. In fact, it would only draw attention to the fact that Axl caved in to societal pressure and the whole PC movement that has completely pussified America.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with shit. I'm not condoning a song that says n i gg az and fa g ots and I'm not saying it's bullshit either. All I'm saying is, it's how Axl felt around 1987-88 and it should always reflect that and never be censored cause some asshole is butthurt about it.

On topic, here are a few other songs that will never ever be performed live again by W. Axl Rose:

Anything Goes

Reckless Life

Move To The City

Right Next Door To Hell

Perfect Crime

You Ain't The First

Bad Obsession

Back Off Bitch

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Garden of Eden

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

Coma

Yesterdays

Breakdown

Pretty Tied Up

LocoMotive

So Fine

Don't Cry (alt lyrics)

Oh My God

Silkworms

Riad N' The Bedoins

Prostitute

Yesterdays and OMG have a great chance of being played eventually

'Don't Damm Me' and 'Garden of Eden' are, I think (correct me if I am wrong), the only two GN'R originals which were never performed live, although there is a rehearsal/soundcheck bootleg of the band jamming on 'Don't Damm Me'. 'Bad Apples' was only performed once, at Rio 2 (2nd night). 'Locomotive', 'Coma' and 'Breakdown' were only performed 1-3 times each. It is a pity that the band chose to release the third Tokyo 1992 performance officially as the first night had - indeed, opened with - 'Coma' while and the second night contained 'Locomotive'. GN'R chose by far the dullest setlist from the three!

It is also a pity Jeff Beck's hearing played-up at the Paris PPV as he was due to play 'Locomotive'; this would have also provided us with a proshot version (although we do have some footage of them rehearsing it at soundcheck which MTV screened).

Yes, we do lack a good soundboard/proshot recording of Locomotive - my best version is merely a crowd recording from the above mentioned Tokyo show.

Edited by DieselDaisy

• 2 weeks later...

'Don't Damm Me' and 'Garden of Eden' are, I think (correct me if I am wrong), the only two GN'R originals which were never performed live,

Garden of Eden was played once in 1993.

The exact date is Feb. 23,1993. Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX, USA.

Here's the song in mp3 format from that show

https://mega.co.nz/#!cBsT0AzZ!YWgnmzld58GuHaLv-Z58uj-dhCFsSJzcvhF7t___lYU

'Don't Damm Me' and 'Garden of Eden' are, I think (correct me if I am wrong), the only two GN'R originals which were never performed live,

Garden of Eden was played once in 1993.

The exact date is Feb. 23,1993. Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX, USA.

Here's the song in mp3 format from that show

https://mega.co.nz/#!cBsT0AzZ!YWgnmzld58GuHaLv-Z58uj-dhCFsSJzcvhF7t___lYU

Garden of Eden has been played live 4 times:

Dont Damn me has been played live 2 times

Lyrics are great

OMG we agree......lol

what a shame that this great music got ruined by those idiotic lyrics

great job axl :no:

I couldn't agree more.

Great melody, great guitar work, love the electric guitar that comes in, the solo, how the tension builds, just perfect.

Exactly, it's a good song with stupid lyrics.

You have to put it in context. Are NWA albums "racist" because they refer to white people a crackers? Wu-tang (and many other rap albums) used to use the word f@ggot all the time.

Exactly this.

And doesn't axl where a NWA baseball cap in a video? If not, I've definitely seen him where one live. PC's run amuk.

Lyrics are great

OMG we agree......lol

what a shame that this great music got ruined by those idiotic lyrics

great job axl :no:

I couldn't agree more.

Great melody, great guitar work, love the electric guitar that comes in, the solo, how the tension builds, just perfect.

Exactly, it's a good song with stupid lyrics.

You have to put it in context. Are NWA albums "racist" because they refer to white people a crackers? Wu-tang (and many other rap albums) used to use the word f@ggot all the time.

Exactly this.

And doesn't axl where a NWA baseball cap in a video? If not, I've definitely seen him where one live. PC's run amuk.

Here is the NWA cap