Open Letter

ManetsBR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The take home message: Don't have high expectations.

High expectations = Putting more than an album in over two decades. Yeah.

GREAT letter, Manets! I literally agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. Chinese Democracy is Axl's masterpiece. He had a million chances, he blew 'em all. He let his fans down. He let everyone down 'cause he's a coward, a liar and a lazyass fatass with mental issues. Too bad THAT GUY had to be the greatest frontman in history.

I also hate the fact I love this band so much.

manets, i know that feel bro. i disagree with your opinion about CD though. my suggestion is stop "defending" axl you know? he never asked you to do it, neither he deserves his fanbase to stand up for him. the guy is on his own downward spiral, this is "fat elvis" axl and only the worshippers disagree with it. don't waste your time with axl, the guy is a complete asshole.

Edited by maynard

manets, i know that feel bro. i disagree with your opinion about CD though. my suggestion is stop "defending" axl you know? he never asked you to do it, neither he deserves his fanbase to stand up for him. the guy is on his own downward spiral, this is "fat elvis" axl and only the worshippers disagree with it. don't waste your time with axl, the guy is a complete asshole.

well, i'm still waiting for "real" Axl to comeback. and i know it'll never happen. i'm a fool :(.

i will take advantage of this topic to express my feelings too.

In all honesty i'm going through a phase where i'm kind of tired of GNR too, dunno if it's here to stay, dunno if it's temporary, but the fact is i can't stand seeing Axl even singing Welcome To The Jungle live anymore, i can't even stand Appetite, Illusions let alone Chinese Democracy (which is my least favorite album of them all).

Every time one of those come on the radio i simply just change radio stations.

I dunno what's been happening to me but i think Guns N'Roses finally aged for me. When i see a youtube video with Axl performing, i see an aged person, a has been. This is really tough to say because I never thought i would come to this point.

I guess after years and years i finally got tired of listening to Guns records.

Don't get me wrong i still come here like 2 days per week to check if there's any leaks or any news on a new album, because i'm still curious about new music (but it's not the same kind of curiosity anymore), it's the kind of curiosity of... "oh there's a new leak, let me check it out... ok that's good (after listening, puts it on the IPod and let it be there forever without listening to it again).

I think i'm gonna be curious enough to buy the new album when it does come out, but i'll be having one of those Blaaa... moments.

I haven't even touched a Guns N'Roses record for a long time. I've been listening to a lot of Van Halen and STP and also Swedish House Mafia.

STP was always one of my favorite bands, but it has really grown on me even more in the past few months (Unfortunately Scott is gone). Not that Chester is bad, but if you ask me he doesn't come even close to Weiland.

In any case i find myself listening to those bands and found myself moving on and genuinely not caring about GNR.

Like i said maybe it's temporary or maybe GNR just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Hopefully i will find out.

Another thing that makes me sick it's this circle of people who have songs that were given to them by members of the band and that circulate within a very restrictive number of people who are friends with the band members.

If you look at it that's such a cliché...it's so not rock n'roll.... and the fact that they taunt us with clips and the band doesn't do anything about it, and knowing they're actually one way or the other behind it, it makes the experience of being a GNR fan even more rotten.

It looks like a little lobby company that know certain things about the World that you're not allowed to know...it's so freaking pathetic...

Anyways, thank god i slowly am getting more interested in other bands instead of GNR... it's such a relief believe me... i think you should all do the same...

Edited by AndreCC

I think he just accepted it and faced the fact that h's nothing but a nostalgic act. God, so far we're down to just TWO Chinese Democracy songs. He's literally touring Appetite For Destruction, and he's not even hiding it anymore.

Bullshit. They perform a minimum of FOUR Chinese Democracy songs at every full show and you know it. But you're using a fucking abbreviated warmup gig in front of 600 people, in a bowling alley no less, as "proof" that "we're down to just TWO Chinese Democracy songs" as if it's been a regular nightly occurrence.

Find one, just one gig over the past three years where they played at least 19 GNR songs with less than four CD songs in the setlist. Good luck with that. :laugh:

Way to twist facts to support your agenda. Got lots of practice from all those conspiracy theories, huh? :lol:

Axl is simply funding his retirement. There won't be another Guns N' Roses album.

I thought of that too. Honestly though, i think there's gonna be a new album... i just think it's not gonna meet everyone's expectations yet again, and i feel people will be thinking " I have lost 5 or 6 years of my life waiting for this?!"

We already know that if Axl maintains that more pro-tools/electronical approach, the album is not gonna appeal to most of the general audience. It will appeal to us "the hardcore fans" cause quite frankly, we're ready to take with anything... if Axl writes a song about poo you'll still love it.

However it will be like Chinese Democracy... it will have that 3 or 4 months of excitement and then it will drain and you will shelve the album just like you did with CD...It won't last for long.

Quite frankly i'm shelving GNR before they even release the record, because i'm so tired of waiting, and so sick of all the psycho circus that is called GNR nowadays.

However it will be like Chinese Democracy... it will have that 3 or 4 months of excitement and then it will drain and you will shelve the album just like you did with CD...It won't last for long.

But isn't that what happens with every album released by every band/musician? When it first gets released you play the hell out of it, then you shelve it for some other albums, then you take it back off the shelf after it's been a while or when you see them in concert. That's what happened with me, when they went back on tour in 2011 there literally wasn't one day over a 3-month period where I didn't listen to Chinese Democracy. It did not come out of my car's CD player for 3 solid months. :lol:

But isn't that what happens with every album released by every band/musician? When it first gets released you play the hell out of it, then you shelve it for some other albums, then you take it back off the shelf after it's been a while or when you see them in concert. That's what happened with me, when they went back on tour in 2011 there literally wasn't one day over a 3-month period where I didn't listen to Chinese Democracy. It did not come out of my car's CD player for 3 solid months. :lol:

That didn't happen to me with Appetite or the Illusion albums. It took close 2 years for me to shelve the three of them.

Again it's a matter of taste, I like the old band better then the new band, but that doesn't mean i didn't like Chinese Democracy. It wasn't what i expected, but i still liked it.

My point is, at this time i'll even make an effort to hear a new album, because i'm so tired of Axl's voice already. I can't even stand listening to him singing Jungle..and i'm really honestly not saying this cause i want to cupcake, i'm being honest most of all.

I've been listening to other bands and falling in love with their music and i think it came the time that GNR really doesn't cut it for me anymore. Not even the Original band.

One thing is for sure, i will still be curious to check out a new album, i just think it won't meet my expectations, neither other people's ones.

Yo Manets!!

I used to give you SOOOO much shit over on gnfnr cause you were this blind-eyed optimist. This wide-eyed kid that believed everything good and wonderful about GNR and stuff. You really believed there would be new music and LOTS of it. And you believed Axl was gonna deliver on his promises. And I knew that you were young, and didn't know better, and I tried to tell you about the "dark days" from 1994-2008 but you just didn't get it........

And now you get it. Sorry man.

Welcome to the club sport. Welcome to the club.

Although I will argue on one point. I still to this day firmly believe that the Chinese Democracy CD that was produced and sold was NOT what Axl intended. I don't believe he worked for 14 years on the record that we got. I feel like the product we were given was basically rushed into mass-production by the label to have SOMETHING to show for their investment. I still believe Axl had a much grander, bigger vision that did not get realized. Instead, we were given the leaks and a few unheard songs.

I still believe we have never truly experienced what Axl sees/saw as "Chinese Democracy" in his mind for all these years. Instead, he had to settle for what the label slapped together, and so did we.

But it could have and SHOULD have been so much better.

I don't know... I just think Chinese Democracy was Axl's masterpiece and the work of his life.

I think he just thought he would release and tour it for a couple of years. I mean, Chinese Democracy is a great album. The best GNR album, actually.

I stopped reading after this part.

Axl is simply funding his retirement. There won't be another Guns N' Roses album.

I thought of that too. Honestly though, i think there's gonna be a new album... i just think it's not gonna meet everyone's expectations yet again, and i feel people will be thinking " I have lost 5 or 6 years of my life waiting for this?!"

We already know that if Axl maintains that more pro-tools/electronical approach, the album is not gonna appeal to most of the general audience. It will appeal to us "the hardcore fans" cause quite frankly, we're ready to take with anything... if Axl writes a song about poo you'll still love it.

Quite frankly i'm shelving GNR before they even release the record, because i'm so tired of waiting, and so sick of all the psycho circus that is called GNR nowadays.

i listen to CD almost every day! The music is so great, personally my favorite Guns album. Followed by UYI 1.

Guest cbgnr666

i listen to CD almost every day! The music is so great, personally my favorite Guns album. Followed by UYI 1.
Same here.

Yo Manets!!

I used to give you SOOOO much shit over on gnfnr cause you were this blind-eyed optimist. This wide-eyed kid that believed everything good and wonderful about GNR and stuff. You really believed there would be new music and LOTS of it. And you believed Axl was gonna deliver on his promises. And I knew that you were young, and didn't know better, and I tried to tell you about the "dark days" from 1994-2008 but you just didn't get it........

And now you get it. Sorry man.

Welcome to the club sport. Welcome to the club.

Although I will argue on one point. I still to this day firmly believe that the Chinese Democracy CD that was produced and sold was NOT what Axl intended. I don't believe he worked for 14 years on the record that we got. I feel like the product we were given was basically rushed into mass-production by the label to have SOMETHING to show for their investment. I still believe Axl had a much grander, bigger vision that did not get realized. Instead, we were given the leaks and a few unheard songs.

I still believe we have never truly experienced what Axl sees/saw as "Chinese Democracy" in his mind for all these years. Instead, he had to settle for what the label slapped together, and so did we.

But it could have and SHOULD have been so much better.

Yeah, you do have been telling me this for years. I do understand now, sorry for giving such a hard time :lol:

And I also think that there's a huge difference between Axl's Chinese Democracy and Azoff/UMG Chinese Democracy.

Azoff simply picked the songs that had already leaked and released them, no big deal. Not even Axl's wishes for the booklet were respected. I know it's like, so hopeful that we think "Oh, we haven't had the REAL Chinese Democracy yet", but it's truth.

It's my favorite GNR album too.

Edited by ManetsBR

Guest cbgnr666

Pretty sure we've got the songs that AXL wanted on CD.Hasn't AXL even mentioned after the release it was the right album,right songs,right order etc....And then said something like if you don't like this you won't like that,meaning the next release.

Edited by cbgnr666

Chinese Democracy is a great album. The best GNR album, actually.

I stopped reading right here. It's not a Guns N Roses album - and the reality is that it sucked pretty fucking hard.

There must be some reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally shitty brazillian rock bands for you people to get off so hard on a cover band.

Chinese Democracy is a great album. The best GNR album, actually.

I stopped reading right here. It's not a Guns N Roses album - and the reality is that it sucked pretty fucking hard.

There must be some reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally shitty brazillian rock bands for you people to get off so hard on a cover band.

really* god learn how to spell.

and clearly it is a Guns N Roses album, retard... By the way, you can't say "and the reality is..." when it is an opinion. Don't come on here and be stupid. Not cool, not cool.

Edited by GNRFan53