Between AFD, UYI 1 and 2, and ChiDem, Which Album Got the Most Lyrics You Like?

ChristmasFnatic

Use Your Illusion Deux, I guess. I like Estranged, Locomotive, Breakdown, and Don't Cry alt. Civil War tries, but for me, the instrumental is better. And who can forget My World (kidding).

The worst...Jesus, Chinese Democracy. I like it. I can listen to it. But holy hell, it's a mess. I don't even care about the overproduction and clean, high pitched vocals. It's the damn arrangement and organization that just leaves me feeling...like what the hell happened here? Lyrically, the lack of choruses, or the drumming of choruses at inopportune times, is unsettling...in a bad way.

Edited by Time to DIE!!!

Guest cbgnr666

I can't decide between the one with Coma and the one with Estranged.

Two of the greatest songs ever recorded imo.Awesome.

I don't think CD lyrics are awful as a whole. Some are bad. Parts of "IRS" and "Riad." But I love other songs like "Better," "Street of Dreams" and "There was a Time." Brilliant.

I guess I'd have to go with Illusions 2 overall because of "Estranged," "Breakdown" and "Locomotive." Not to mention "Yesterdays," "Civil War" and "You Could Be Mine."

"When I come home late at night don't ask me where I've been. Just COUNT your stars I'm home agaiYEEan."

But AfD is unapologetic, straight forward and has some sweet lyrics, in my opinion. "Jungle" and "Rocket Queen." "Nightrain," "Sweet Child." Damn.

Edited by GnR Chris

Can't decide between UYI1 and 2. too many great lyrics. you have NR and coma then estranged locomotive and civil war. and the rest of them are good too. besides GITR but i'm blaming that on duff.

CD was disappointing cause i was expecting something better than illusions(witch has some of my favourite lyrics of all time). I was waiting for this great statement from axl. But it looks like he didn't spend much time on them they're mostly there to fit the music. But besides IRS, sorry and getting a little whiny on shacklers they're good. Prostitute, madagascar and STOD are UYI material..

UYI2 -> UYI1 -> AFD --------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CD

And how about Lies, i know OIAM's lyrics are shit even if it was misunderstood, but how about the other songs? Patience's lyrics are pretty good.

Edited by Black Roses