Between AFD, UYI 1 and 2, and ChiDem, Which Album Got the Most Lyrics You Like?

ChristmasFnatic

UYI2 -> UYI1 -> AFD --------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CD

And how about Lies, i know OIAM's lyrics are shit even if it was misunderstood, but how about the other songs? Patience's lyrics are pretty good.

I didnt include it cuz some covers and existing songs, and there are few to begin with.

That said, I agree with your list so much. Though maybe interchange AFD and UYI1. God, Axl was such a beast as a song writer back then. Not saying CD is bad, but it just doesnt compare to his old works.

HAnds down for raw authenticity that drags you onto the sunset strip and the life of the entire band GNR AFD....to the point in your face and completely utterly unapologetic....completely understandable why that album is still played loud and proud across the generations.

For depth ...UYI2 ....

As a songwriter/singer the one thing i anticipated more than anything about CD was the lyrical content. If i have a bitch about CD its in the lyrics. For me its hard to draw a line from AFD to CD and get the vibe that its GNR. Some of the lyrics of CD just absolutely ruin it for me..

HAnds down for raw authenticity that drags you onto the sunset strip and the life of the entire band GNR AFD....to the point in your face and completely utterly unapologetic....completely understandable why that album is still played loud and proud across the generations.

For depth ...UYI2 ....

As a songwriter/singer the one thing i anticipated more than anything about CD was the lyrical content. If i have a bitch about CD its in the lyrics. For me its hard to draw a line from AFD to CD and get the vibe that its GNR. Some of the lyrics of CD just absolutely ruin it for me..

Yip, I agree with that. For rock n' roll lyrics (which are often harder to pen than emotional lyrics), Appetite. For emotional, Illusions. Illusion 2 is probably W. Axl Rose's finest hour.

The lyrics in CD are strangely weak. I mean, ''sitting in a chinese stew''!!