Who is Better At Their Respective Instrument - DJ or Frank?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a shit who is better. They are both doing better than anyone commenting on this thread. I'm not a huge fan of DJ but it's a fact that he's gottent a lot better and there's only one GnR drummer that may be better than Frank but none have been better for the band. cupcake topic. Drummer vs Guitarist. Lame.

"Who gives a sh*t who is better" - obviously you do, because you replied to this thread. And gave your opinion on how good they are.

"They are both doing better than anyone commenting on this thread" - seriously? You do realize that being a replacement drummer for a mid-level rock n roll band isn't the goal of every person on the forum, right?

"It's a fct that he's gotten a lot better" - how is that a fact? This isn't some kid learning the ropes. DJ is 40 years old. You worship GnR's music so much that you think playing old GnR songs for two years makes somebody a better guitar player?

"cupcake topic" - do you know what the word cupcake means? If you don't like a topic, ignore it.

Axl obviously hired DJ because he was a known-name, and he hoped he could bring some of the younger fans from Sixx AM over to the GnR side. It was purely a business move, as his past guitar work is pretty generic.

"People tend to pay too much attention to him not doing solos exactly as they want it and muddle things by letting their annoyance re his appearance and behaviour influence their opinions of him as a guitarist." - wow. The arrogance of a statement like this is amazing. Must be nice to have the skill to not only generalize an entire group of random people, but to be able to delve into their brain and let them know what they "really" are thinking.

Edited by Groghan

Who gives a shit who is better. They are both doing better than anyone commenting on this thread. I'm not a huge fan of DJ but it's a fact that he's gottent a lot better and there's only one GnR drummer that may be better than Frank but none have been better for the band. cupcake topic. Drummer vs Guitarist. Lame.

"Who gives a sh*t who is better" - obviously you do, because you replied to this thread. And gave your opinion on how good they are.

"They are both doing better than anyone commenting on this thread" - seriously? You do realize that being a replacement drummer for a mid-level rock n roll band isn't the goal of every person on the forum, right?

"It's a fct that he's gotten a lot better" - how is that a fact? This isn't some kid learning the ropes. DJ is 40 years old. You worship GnR's music so much that you think playing old GnR songs for two years makes somebody a better guitar player?

"cupcake topic" - do you know what the word cupcake means? If you don't like a topic, ignore it.

Axl obviously hired DJ because he was a known-name, and he hoped he could bring some of the younger fans from Sixx AM over to the GnR side. It was purely a business move, as his past guitar work is pretty generic.

Groghan easily offended

Both are great professional musicians. It doesn't always have to be a competition.

Look on the bright side, man. We're not like, "Yo, my brother in hate. Don't DJ and Frank completely suck ass?" No. We're like, "Hey, fellow fan of GNR. DJ kinda sucks, but Frank doesn't suck as much as DJ." :awesomeface:

"People tend to pay too much attention to him not doing solos exactly as they want it and muddle things by letting their annoyance re his appearance and behaviour influence their opinions of him as a guitarist." - wow. The arrogance of a statement like this is amazing. Must be nice to have the skill to not only generalize an entire group of random people, but to be able to delve into their brain and let them know what they "really" are thinking.

Huh? It is not a "random group of people", it is exactly those people who let their derision of Dj's appearance influence their judgement of him as a guitarist. And yes, it is nice to be able to perceive people's true motives. I feel lucky that way.

Is there a video of that?

There is, I just can't remember which show it was from off hand. Someone else can probably help me out here!

Basically, during the end solo, when Axl comes back in, he came back in late which threw Frank off when trying to end the song. Granted, Frank didn't do his big snare roll which usually cues Axl coming back in for the final "I wanna go, I wanna know..." or whatever lines, probably because he was going to let the solo go on longer. Still, Axl came in wrong so Frank is not totally to blame. It wasn't even a big deal - it happens.

Groghan easily offended

Come on lolcano - you are grasping at straws now. Your need to defend Axl's every move and bash anybody who doesn't worship your idol is starting to cloud your judgement.

Nothing anybody says on this forum offends me. Especially when talking about Steven Adler's replacement or the 9th guy to play guitar for Axl Rose.

This is a FORUM where people come to chat about Axl and GnR. There is only a small group of people that actually get offended and butt-hurt by comments made on here. One group pretty much laughs at the comments the other group makes..........while one group gets angry and bitter and has to fight anybody not worshipping Axl's every move.

Now try and stick to the topic and worry less about making comments about other posters. You can do it, lil fella.

Huh? It is not a "random group of people", it is exactly those people who let their derision of Dj's appearance influence their judgement of him as a guitarist. And yes, it is nice to be able to perceive people's true motives. I feel lucky that way.

Which forum members would that be?

You do realize that your statement if extremely condenscending, right?

I see no reason to cause unnecessary friction by doing that.

What statement is extremely condescending? The trivial comment that people aren't good at separating their various reasons for disliking anything and true to human nature lets specific antipathies influence their valuation of other aspects of that person's character? Did you really not know this?

Both are great professional musicians. It doesn't always have to be a competition.

Look on the bright side, man. We're not like, "Yo, my brother in hate. Don't DJ and Frank completely suck ass?" No. We're like, "Hey, fellow fan of GNR. DJ kinda sucks, but Frank doesn't suck as much as DJ." :awesomeface:

LOL it could ALWAYS be worse

I see no reason to cause unnecessary friction by doing that.

What statement is extremely condescending? The trivial comment that people aren't good at separating their various reasons for disliking anything and true to human nature lets specific antipathies influence their valuation of other aspects of that person's character? Did you really not know this?

I like your "did you really not know this" line............very MLS like.

So you constantly bash me for making generalized statements about groups of people. When I use the term Nutter you ask me to provide names and examples. So just so we're all clear. It's OK for you to make disparaging comments about a group of people that you have lumped together to make your point.........but you don't have to provide the names of those posters?

Doesn't it completely render you point false - or at least useless - if you can't back up your statement with at least one fact that proves it? Without giving any proof, you are just making a really condenscending statement about "imaginary" people.

Mags - don't worry, I'm treading very lightly. You'll notice I'm not insulting or making personal attacks, just trying once again to have a normal conversation.

Edited by Groghan

So you constantly bash me for making generalized statements about groups of people. When I use the term Nutter you ask me to provide names and examples. So just so we're all clear. It's OK for you to make disparaging comments about a group of people that you have lumped together to make your point.........but you don't have to provide the names of those posters?

The fact that people tend to muddle their reasons for disliking anything is a well-known thought mistake and doesn't really require further explanation. Pointing out who these people are can only cause friction and no one who are even slightly aware of humanity would seriously doubt they exist.

Resorting to the often irrelevant claim that the forum is infested with "nutters" who "worship Axl 24/7", on the other hand, is such an improbable thing that asking for examples of such behaviour is nothing but called for in an effort to point out how wrong it is.

Frank seems bored, like its to easy for him. Hes my second favorite drummer in the band though, behind Adler. Frank needs a little more charisma bbehind the drums.

Hopefully he will get to record and play his own drum parts some time in the future. That must give a boost to his enthusiasm.

Frank seems bored, like its to easy for him. Hes my second favorite drummer in the band though, behind Adler. Frank needs a little more charisma bbehind the drums.

Hopefully he will get to record and play his own drum parts some time in the future. That must give a boost to his enthusiasm.

Agreed, one thing though is Im glad theres no moree drum solo stuff like Matt was doing. Frank is an excellent drummer, good choice of not having do that night after night.

Agreed, one thing though is Im glad theres no moree drum solo stuff like Matt was doing. Frank is an excellent drummer, good choice of not having do that night after night.

Matt's drum solos were embarrassing. I don't know, I just really detest generic drum solos, unless you are Brann Dailor. But I do appreciate Axl's desire to showcase Matt as the new guy in 1991.

Matt's drum solos were embarrassing. I don't know, I just really detest generic drum solos, unless you are Brann Dailor. But I do appreciate Axl's desire to showcase Matt as the new guy in 1991.

With ya on that as well. Because of all the guitar solos and piano solos etc, sitting through another 5 minutes of Matt soloing was alot of down time.It was kind of different though when Duff would join him and then the band would slowly come out and join in for a little jam out, that part was pretty cool. Im not saying his drumming is weak, it certainly isnt, it just that drum solos are the worst. especially at a GnR concert, and especially back then, when there was so much anarchy floating around the venue. Maybe thats why they did it though, to calm the crowds down??

With ya on that as well. Because of all the guitar solos and piano solos etc, sitting through another 5 minutes of Matt soloing was alot of down time.It was kind of different though when Duff would join him and then the band would slowly come out and join in for a little jam out, that part was pretty cool. Im not saying his drumming is weak, it certainly isnt, it just that drum solos are the worst. especially at a GnR concert, and especially back then, when there was so much anarchy floating around the venue. Maybe thats why they did it though, to calm the crowds down??

I think it happened too regularly to be for calming the crowd down. I believe it was the same reason as why all the guys gets solos today: to showcase new members and for Axl to have a break.

The fact that people tend to muddle their reasons for disliking anything is a well-known thought mistake and doesn't really require further explanation. Pointing out who these people are can only cause friction and no one who are even slightly aware of humanity would seriously doubt they exist.

Resorting to the often irrelevant claim that the forum is infested with "nutters" who "worship Axl 24/7", on the other hand, is such an improbable thing that asking for examples of such behaviour is nothing but called for in an effort to point out how wrong it is.

Lol. Beautiful explanation and pretty describes what debating with you is like.

No response I could have come up with is better than what you just said.

I don't know if your explanation should make us laugh or shake our heads.............and I'm not sure if you really believe that, or if you are just doing your typical debate to debate thing.

(You don't really believe your comments, right? You are just being light-hearted and making fun of yourself? Right?)

Lol. Beautiful explanation and pretty describes what debating with you is like.

No response I could have come up with is better than what you just said.

I don't know if your explanation should make us laugh or shake our heads.............and I'm not sure if you really believe that, or if you are just doing your typical debate to debate thing.

(You don't really believe your comments, right? You are just being light-hearted and making fun of yourself? Right?)

Thank you! But no, I am as always dead serious.

Back on topic (sort of). I wonder who is the best on anyone else's instrument. We know Frank is good at Tommy's instrument (he plays a mean bass), and so is Pitman. We also know Dj is good at Dizzy's instrument (piano). But is anyone better than someone else on their respective instrument?