Best SCOM from 11'-13' ?

NachoLZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all are terrible.

SCOM, with the exception of 2002, has been a pretty boring song since 2001. Axl seems to just go through the motions when he's singing it. It's like it has no meaning to him anymore.

Try Philly '12. I've never heard it, but that whole show seems to be decent.

It's a good show, but SCOM is weak.

It's funny how two of GN'R's biggest hits - YCBM and SCOM - are, imo (and it seems the opinion of most as well), pretty weak live. Not always, but just in recent time. I think it's due to Axl's change in singing style. It doesn't really match up with those tracks for whatever reason. It's almost like listening to a completely different person sing it.

It's interesting even trying to find a version from 06-10 that's decent. Rock am Ring wasn't good, surprisingly. Even in 2010 he refused to do the whole song with rasp for whatever reason.

This one is pretty good:

mm, its good sometimes but there are parts that seems like he sounds exactly like 2002 (only in the first verses)

philly he puts some rasp at the beginning but its not noticeable, u must volume up and listen carefully

Not trying to cupcake either. For all the shit Myles gets from people, Slash playing on "Sweet Child" with Myles singing is the best live version out there today, bar none.

Shit trumps shit? I'll pass on both, but I would like to send a heartfelt congratulations to Slash for winning this battle in the special Olympics.

If you think are shit performances, clean your ears, son.

If you think those are anywhere near decent performances, acquire some taste. Hasn't been a decent performance of SCOM since '93, and Slash's bar singer certainly isn't going to be the one to change that. No matter how many times you click your heels and wish it to be true.

There was a version where he stops in the middle of the song... yells at some fan or security or something and then gets back into the song which was very good from Australia... not sure when it was though.. might have been 2006.