What is the most recent GNR original song?

Ric Nightingale

There's been a lot of talk recently about the lack of new material from GNR. Both onstage and recordings. So that got me thinking: What is the most recent GNR original composition? Yes, CD was released in 2008, but we all knew these songs were several years old. But how old? Has this been fully documented, as I'd like to know when Axl stopped turning up to the studio to work on new songs. Are all the songs on CD originally from the Buckethead era? If that's the case, then Axl hasn't worked on new material for 10 years.

I'm gonna go with Scraped.

I always thought the original name was "Lies They Tell" which is imo a much better title. This track was mentioned in Rolling Stone in 2000 wasn't it?

I'm pretty sure that Lies They Tell was mentioned for the first time in Rolling Stone in 2008. So yeah, Scraped could be the most recent song. But who knows.

I think both Sorry and Better are from post 2005. Everything else was written before

Sorry and Shackler's are from 2000.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12769

Yeah...created in 2000 musically, lyrics and vocals not done until at least 2007 according to Axl, since he wrote the words about the Virginia Tech shooting.

Yeah... but the song existed in some form already. It's a Bucket song. He was responsible for it.

When is November Rain from? What year? Was it not a song before Slash came up with the solos for it? Hmmm...

Edited by Rovim

Yeah... but the song existed in some form already. It's a Bucket song. He was responsible for it.

When is November Rain from? What year? Was it not a song before Slash came up with the solos for it? Hmmm...

Tracii: When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like '83? He was playing 'November Rain' — and it was called 'November Rain' — you know, on piano. The guitar solo is amazing. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He'd go, "Someday this song is gonna be really cool." And I'd go, "It's cool now." "But it's not done", you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we'd be at a hotel or anywhere, there'd be a piano; he'd just kinda play that music. And I'd go, "When are you gonna finish that already", you know? And he'd go, "I don't know what to do with it" [source unknown, pasted from Wikipedia]

Tracii: When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like '83? He was playing 'November Rain' — and it was called 'November Rain' — you know, on piano. The guitar solo is amazing. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He'd go, "Someday this song is gonna be really cool." And I'd go, "It's cool now." "But it's not done", you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we'd be at a hotel or anywhere, there'd be a piano; he'd just kinda play that music. And I'd go, "When are you gonna finish that already", you know? And he'd go, "I don't know what to do with it" [source unknown, pasted from Wikipedia]

according some sources Axl wrote NR in his teenager years, frst played it to a girl in 1978