The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

It was disallowed for offside mate.

How many players are actually allowed to stand in an offside position between the ball and the goal before it's meant to be offside?

If they had all been stood to the left or right (like one was), or behind the keeper even, then fair enough but two of them are directly in front of the ball.

One of them moved (Gouffran) to let it in. Is that not 'seeking to gain an advantage'?

If it hits him and Hart has dived, it goes in the other corner.

What is Hart meant to do? Check to see if he's offside whilst the ball is travelling and then dive? Or wait to see if it hits him and then save the resulting deflection if it does?

Either way how the fuck is it not interfering with play? Someone please explain it to me.

Overlooking the clear straight red by Yanga mbiwa in all of this which is an even more ridiculous decision in my opinion.

Edited by Ryan95

Van p is a cripple. Rooney isnt a real striker. Sell, sell, sell.

So what do you think Rooney is exactly, position and system wise?

I didn't realise quite how big a mess United are in with contracts and what a clean out is needed.

Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Fabio, Rooney - all are out of contract within 18 months, and I think all bar Rooney should be binned.

Edit: Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia and Cleverley all out of contract in 2015.

Rooney is best in the hole, behind a real goalscorer. But hes not an attacking mid that teams play now in the 4-5-1 teams play now. The old utd, hed pick up ball, spray it wide to Valencia, make his way into box joing van p. Valencia would either cross or link with rafael.

Up on his own he just doesnt touch and hes not a finisher. Hes more spectacular. He needs to be involved too. Otherwise hes cold and misses the chances.

I think he wants to be an out and out striker though. In fact he should be becoming the next Scholes if anything. He can hit the passes.

At chelsea he might get what he wants up front and only needing score 10 a season but still maybe win prem and be in champs. Whereas at utd they maybe out of champs and not win. Evra wants out obviously. Without Fergus the loyalty has gone. They everton with a huge support.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck Messi, he is the FIFA rent boy for Stepp Ladder and Platini. Messi all of a sudden becomes a nobody when you put him up against this:

Chelsea-Fc-Logo-300x300.png

Rated :lol: