The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, gonna say, you must be pissed if you think they ain't taking home at least one piece of silverware. In fact, i'll lay anyone a 50 quid bet on that, that they will win some kinda silverware this season.

City have a realistic chance of winning the Champions League. Strange saying that, but they definitely do. Extraordinary depth to their squad.

Guest Len B'stard

I've yet to hear anyone, anyone at all, whether on the telly or people i know and meet, give Arsenal a hope in hell at anything :lol:

Talking recently about the ballon d'or and I find it astounding that thierry henry never won the award.

Which is sort of like clearing out the division and never getting the belt…but fuck it, the fights (or in this case games/goals) are there for all to see :)

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' King of North London :) Love that bloke, just love him. For as long as there's an Arsenal he'll be remembered. He's won just about every bit of silverware out there, been on a squad that done an unbeaten season and a run of games unprecedented in the modern era, the mans just a fuckin' champ, class act on and off the pitch. Highest goalscorer in Arsenals history, highest goal scorer in Highburys history (now an un-alterable record), who can claim that kinda shit?

Edited by sugaraylen

Michael owen was good at what he was but thierry henry was a different level all together. Probably not sandman but being a city fan I dare to dream and just to hear chatter about it is crazy in itself. Thanks NGOG tbh from my point of view I think we have a real chance of beating barcelona as they have a weak defence imo and were strong up front this season. Just have to stop there up front and try and wrestle midfield from xavi and iniesta. Just for my team to be in the champions league is a dream come true, as a kid watching united, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea and even leeds in the champions league and thinking I will never see my team in the creme de la creme of european competition, so to see my team get out the group stages as well is just great and memorable in itself. Some city fans forget just how far we have come in such a short amount of time in football terms and don't seem to appreciate it but not me, I am happy and greatful to now see my team play some of the best football I have seen in recent times. My thinking is to never forget where we came from and not to be an arrogant arse, basically not to become a typical rag fan as we are city and better than that.

The futures bright, the futures blue.

Edited by Ryan95

Fuckin' King of North London :) Love that bloke, just love him. For as long as there's an Arsenal he'll be remembered. He's won just about every bit of silverware out there, been on a squad that done an unbeaten season and a run of games unprecedented in the modern era, the mans just a fuckin' champ, class act on and off the pitch. Highest goalscorer in Arsenals history, highest goal scorer in Highburys history (now an un-alterable record), who can claim that kinda shit?

And yet he won the more prestigious silverware in his time at Barca :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

And yet he won the more prestigious silverware in his time at Barca :lol:

And yet the unbeaten season was with Arsenal…remind me again, whats Barcelonas longest unbeaten run? Or better yet, Tottenhams? :lol: What he's won with Arsenal'll last longer and thats a fact.

Edited by sugaraylen

As an Arsenal fan, I'll always hold Henry in the highest esteem. But as an Irishman, I'll never forgive him for screwing us out of World Cup qualification. Our boys fucking outplayed France over the two legs.

Guest Len B'stard

As an Arsenal fan,

Can i just say, i love you :lol: I've found a fucking favourite mod over here! Or rather mygnr staff? I dunno the correct term, whatever, him there, NGOG, well played sir!

As an Arsenal fan,

Can i just say, i love you :lol: I've found a fucking favourite mod over here! Or rather mygnr staff? I dunno the correct term, whatever, him there, NGOG, well played sir!

Did you not know that I'm an Arsenal fan? Only been to the one game though, beat Watforfd 4-0. Cost me an arm and a leg. All worth it for the dazzling footy.

As an Arsenal fan,

Did you not know that I'm an Arsenal fan? Only been to the one game though, beat Watforfd 4-0. Cost me an arm and a leg. All worth it for the dazzling footy.

When was that?