The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

As an Arsenal fan,

Can i just say, i love you :lol: I've found a fucking favourite mod over here! Or rather mygnr staff? I dunno the correct term, whatever, him there, NGOG, well played sir!
Did you not know that I'm an Arsenal fan? Only been to the one game though, beat Watforfd 4-0. Cost me an arm and a leg. All worth it for the dazzling footy.

When was that?

Seems like yesterday, but it was quite a few years ago. Maybe 2006?

I remember Ben Foster throwing the ball about three-quarters the length of the pitch. Everybody thought he would be the next England #1.

Edited by NGOG

As an Arsenal fan,

Can i just say, i love you :lol: I've found a fucking favourite mod over here! Or rather mygnr staff? I dunno the correct term, whatever, him there, NGOG, well played sir!
Did you not know that I'm an Arsenal fan? Only been to the one game though, beat Watforfd 4-0. Cost me an arm and a leg. All worth it for the dazzling footy.

When was that?

Seems like yesterday, but it was quite a few years ago. Maybe 2006?

I remember Ben Foster throwing the ball about three-quarters the length of the pitch. Everybody thought he would be the next England #1.

Just trying to remember if I went to the game or not :lol:

Shame really - his career never really took off in the way we all hoped it would.

City have a realistic chance of winning the Champions League. Strange saying that, but they definitely do. Extraordinary depth to their squad.

Milner is the extraordinary depth?

I just think they have some really really good players. Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero and they taking the game to the oppo and playing well. The main thing is they dont back down even if its a ding dong they seem to comeout on top.

Maybe the test with be coming up against a real team in champs who can soak up their attacks and hit them on break. You those tight champs league games. Moron would park bus at home for 0-0 then go through 1-1 at City.

Fuckin' King of North London :) Love that bloke, just love him. For as long as there's an Arsenal he'll be remembered. He's won just about every bit of silverware out there, been on a squad that done an unbeaten season and a run of games unprecedented in the modern era, the mans just a fuckin' champ, class act on and off the pitch. Highest goalscorer in Arsenals history, highest goal scorer in Highburys history (now an un-alterable record), who can claim that kinda shit?

And yet he won the more prestigious silverware in his time at Barca :lol:

And yet the unbeaten season was with Arsenalremind me again, whats Barcelonas longest unbeaten run? Or better yet, Tottenhams? :lol: What he's won with Arsenal'll last longer and thats a fact.
He won the league twice at both, FA Cup twice compared to one Copa Del Rey but the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Cup trump three Community Shields :P

I mean an unbeaten season is great and all, his peak was at Arsenal and he will be remembered for that time but what he won at Barca was more prestigious, granted Arsenal should have arguably won the Final against Barca in 06.

Edited by Tater Totts

City have a realistic chance of winning the Champions League. Strange saying that, but they definitely do. Extraordinary depth to their squad.

I just think they have some really really good players. Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero and they taking the game to the oppo and playing well. The main thing is they dont back down even if its a ding dong they seem to comeout on top.

Maybe the test with be coming up against a real team in champs who can soak up their attacks and hit them on break. You those tight champs league games. Moron would park bus at home for 0-0 then go through 1-1 at City.

You mean like City beating Bayern Munich in Munich after being 2-0 down?

With several key players missing if you don't mind lol in fact some might say half a team.

That was a great result. But yeah could go either way. They didnt win 5-0 on aggregate. So u reckon they proved they can go all the way!?

need a bit of luck. Maybe scoring goals away fromhome will take them through to final.

Problem with Arsenal is they don't really want to win anything, the board just wants Wenger to make them money. They are doing the exact same thing again, almost there, so buy a young player for the future, then look at scabby someone from the lower leagues. When what they need is two 30 mil players to win the prem. But Wenger would rather brainwash 3 kids into his style of play and have a nice team and a job in 10 years time.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' King of North London :) Love that bloke, just love him. For as long as there's an Arsenal he'll be remembered. He's won just about every bit of silverware out there, been on a squad that done an unbeaten season and a run of games unprecedented in the modern era, the mans just a fuckin' champ, class act on and off the pitch. Highest goalscorer in Arsenals history, highest goal scorer in Highburys history (now an un-alterable record), who can claim that kinda shit?

And yet he won the more prestigious silverware in his time at Barca :lol:

And yet the unbeaten season was with Arsenalremind me again, whats Barcelonas longest unbeaten run? Or better yet, Tottenhams? :lol: What he's won with Arsenal'll last longer and thats a fact.
He won the league twice at both, FA Cup twice compared to one Copa Del Rey but the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Cup trump three Community Shields :P

I mean an unbeaten season is great and all, his peak was at Arsenal and he will be remembered for that time but what he won at Barca was more prestigious, granted Arsenal should have arguably won the Final against Barca in 06.

Cant really count the 'Super Cup' and the Club World Cup as they're a bit mickey mouse really arent they? No one out of your average football fan even gives a shit about them, all he really got there of any note over what was done at Arsenal was the Champions League and to balance that out, like i said, unbeaten season, 49 games in a row, someone wins the CL every year, how often do people go 49 games unbeaten? Exactly.

The only people that reckon those other two prestigious are the ones that find themselves having to play em.

Edited by sugaraylen

Juventus went 49 games in a row a couple of years ago but nobody talks about that, not sure why but it might have something to do with them being in a foreign league. If you asked the average football fan from abroad if they knew about the Invincibles season they probably would have no idea what you're on about which is a shame as like you said it is a huge achievement.

Did em 3-0 in 2006, didn't we?

Very possible, might have been a goal disallowed or something.

Am I right in thinking it was Theo's full debut?

Edited by NGOG

No, his was in 2005 i think?

Right Right. Well here's something I know for certain; Adebayor scored his second goal for the club. Henry also pinched one.

They did like a legends thing at the start of the game - using the big screen to show certain players and their stats. Sol Campbell got booed. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

That boy got some serious stick

'Sol, Sol, wherever you may be

You're on the verge of lunacy

And we wouldn't give a fuck if you were hanging from a tree

Cuz you're a Judas cunt with HIV'

Harsh :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Ever hear that time when Collymores on talksport chatting with this caller and he's like 'oh did you see such and such hammer that goal in? Yeah, he hit it like you hit Ulrika' :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Read that Levy is holding up the Holtby deal to Schalke to fuck up Arsenals chances of getting Draxler off em. Podolski got asked on twitter 'if you had a choice between playing for Spurs or retire, what would you do? and he goes 'retire' :lol:

Read that Levy is holding up the Holtby deal to Schalke to fuck up Arsenals chances of getting Draxler off em. Podolski got asked on twitter 'if you had a choice between playing for Spurs or retire, what would you do? and he goes 'retire' :lol:

I highly doubt that is true bearing in mind Draxler has a release clause so if Wenger opens the chequebook there is nothing Danny boy can do.