The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Len, this is from yesterday:

"Schalke insist they want star man Julian Draxler to remain at the club, but there is little they can do if somebody meets his buy-out clause.

Chelsea are reportedly long-time admirers of Draxler, however it has been claimed that Arsenal were readying a £37million (€45.5m) which would trigger his release clause. And speaking in German daily Bild, Schalke general manager Horst Heldt admits they could not stand in his way if a bid did meet his buy-out clause. "We are still hopeful Julian (Draxler) is to stay on at our club," said Heldt. "However, there are certain arrangements we cannot change!"

Reports in Germany have claimed that Schalke's interest in re-signing Lewis Holtby from Tottenham could stem from the fact they fear losing Draxler this month.

Bayer Leverkusen's Sidney Sam - who has already agreed to join Schalke this summer - is seen as the long-term replacement for Draxler.The 20-year-old, who has over four years left on his current deal with Schalke, has previously insisted he would not be leaving the club ahead of the World Cup finals."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9116878/transfer-news-schalke-admit-they-cannot-stop-bid-for-julian-draxler

So who do you believe, the media who make shit up or his manager?

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno really, i dont really believe nothing as such, its just stuff you read, who knows whats really going on, theres some new bullshit flying around every day.

I certainly believe a direct quote from the manager than some vague hearsay about his release clause that nobody is sure about :awesomeface:

You'll probably still get Draxler but if you don't it won't be Levy's fault, only way he will stop you getting him is by activating the release clause himself :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I just meant i avoid really even taking transfer news and reports etc seriously. I consider its speculation.

Money on Man City lads, Neymar is fooked judging by the angle of that ankle.

Barca will do em over 2 legs.

I just meant i avoid really even taking transfer news and reports etc seriously. I consider its speculation.

Think in all honesty sugaraylen you may be getting your team confused with mine ;).

Guest Len B'stard

Think in all honesty sugaraylen you may be getting your team confused with mine ;).

We'll see, City have got more than a good chance but the quality of those players, presuming they show up on the day, will in my opinion overcome City. Not calling yous shit or anything but Messi will get through your defence, presuming he plays. I think it'll be close too…but Barca will take it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

It's a win-win for me on sunday. If united win, great that's made chelsea lose ground on us and most likely arsenal. If chelsea win ha ha united lost which I'm always pleased about.

Im not sure what i want more, Chelsea to lose ground on us or a United loss. Chelsea losing ground I suppose would be the more sensible.

Guest Len B'stard

Arsenal have Liverpool, United and Bayern next month, Stoke, FA Cup Q Final, Swansea, Bayern, Spuds, Chelsea, City in March. Gonna learn a thing or two by March.