The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Kompany to mark messi. He stopped suarez from scoring. Whilst obviously it wasn't just kompany that stopped him as we have 3 other defenders, with him in there we stand a much better chance. Best central defender in the premier league for me.

Guest Len B'stard

Me too actually. Midfield will be the key though. Enter Yaya 'Who Put The Ball in the Munichs Net' Toure :D

Edited by sugaraylen

It's going to be a difficult game clearly but if kompany wants to be one of the best central defenders in the world then these are the games he should be doing well in, up against the best. He would probably even say that these are the games you look forward to the most, testing yourself against the best. Need toure at his best but im sure no motivation will be needed against his former club, he will be psyched up to show how good he is and why they should never have let him go.

Guest Len B'stard

You lot didn't do right by Mancini man, he was fantastic, i really like him. And however things ended he really took you boys places. I guess when there's that much money on the line the margin for error recedes. I read the other day Sheikh Mansour has done a billion down City in the last 5 years...a fucking billion!?!?!

To put that in perspective, our owner Stan Kroenke, his entire financial worth is 5 billion. And then people ask why we can't compete with the Chelseas and Citys :lol:

Neymar ain't what they should be worried about.

Neymar is pretty shit but at least thats a plus. Put milner on Messi. Nasri looked pretty done in and silva gets injured every other game so...

On the break is where your games gonna have to be sharp as fuck...God knows yous are more than capable of that shit.

Both teams only play one way so city will get the breaks its just whether they score.

Guest Len B'stard

City have at least got a good chance, we're gonna get fuckin' pure bummings off of Bayern :lol: We try and play that Barcelona style with them and we're gonna get fuckin' dealt with.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh don't believe it mate, they can defend like fucking bastards. Out of interest Ryan, from a City supporters perspective, seeing as how you've done Bayern already once this season, who would you consider the more daunting prospect for City, Bayern or Barca? Especially bearing in mind that Barca are considered not exactly the Barca of years gone either.

Guest Len B'stard

Both Rooney and RvP out for United.

Not expecting a win, United are United so it will always be tough. Watching it with 2 United fans so I hope Chelsea kick ass!

You'll win, they have no teeth.

Guest Len B'stard

Mourinho 'I will never leave Chelsea!' See this is why i rate him, apart from his being one of the best managers in the world I mean (yes he is, check the record, that'll forever be special).

An Journalist from ITV News was returning to work for the first time (guess he is Chelsea correspondant) since undergoing Cancer treatment. Jose realises it is this particular Journo, pauses and goes up to the Journo and says welcome back, shakes his hand.

Really nice stuff, and I think this is part of the 'Genius of Jose' - he can make anybody and everybody feel special. I find him to be a fascinating character and would love the chance to properly observe him at work, the team meetings, half time team talks, general chats with players.