The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

I'm pretty damn sure tbh, pellgrini seems to want to instill a winning mentality in city. No matter how far ahead we may be in the tie he will still want to win the match and will approach it as any other game that we have to win. It comes across as such in all the interviews I have seen him give as well. Ribery needs to learn it's an award to commemorate the single best player in the calendar year not a team award.

Edited by Ryan95

Guest Len B'stard

Also, the second string lads'll have something to prove in terms of their first team viability eh? It's a tough 11 to break into and the Capital One is basically the showcase for the boys innit? Thanks, you've helped convince me :lol: They're fuckin' consummate professionals, they don't show up to lose. Professional pride and that.

Exactly, look at dzeko recently he has been scoring for fun doing his best trying to break into the first team and getting in there with aguero out injured. His form and other players form is leaving pellgrini with selection headaches, which is always a nice worry. Think tomorrow he will stick with dzeko and negredo upfront with possibly aguero on the bench as still not ready for a starting position. Hope he gives young suarez a chance in midfield as I hear a lot of good things about him and from what I have seen, seems like a good prospect for the future. Yep no professional team turn up thinking we could lose this by 3 or 4.

What do yous lot think about Ribery having the hump over the Balon D'Or or however you spell it? He's got a point y'know, he won everything with Bayern you could possibly win.

I think he thinks its his last chance to win it. Bay earn maybe not dominant again and he's oldish. He's not quite on same level as messi or Ron even if he is as effective. And he looks like he just got out of prison. Also scandal ridden on peds.

Guest Len B'stard

i put 760 on at 2/5.

BLUE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

YOU LEFT ME STANDING ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

COME ON CITY!!!

(silly bet but i needed to make a raise of 100 quid kinda quickly)

Wow your not going to be impressed if we lose now as there is no such thing as a dead cert. For the record it's "you saw me standing alone" lol. Really hoping to see something or just anything really of jovetic tonight.

Edited by Ryan95

Guest Len B'stard

I think it might possibly be a ridiculously stupid bet on my part, if only for the 6-0 cushion but i'm relying on all that we discussed the other day to see it through. Sams probably gonna rest his first teamers and Citys second string are enough to sink most EPL teams most days of the week.

Fuckin' hell Ryan, you're makin me nervous now! :lol: God, what i wouldn't give for Jesus Navas on the pitch tonight.

Sorry to make you nervous man but you never know do you. Pretty certain we will win though, waiting to see the teams tonight at the moment. Do they announce them an hour before kick off? We will have a much clearer picture with that information at our disposal. Can't see why fat sam would risk many if at all any of his first teamers on a dead rubber like this.

Stupid Punt:

10 punters have backed West Ham to beat Manchester City 7-0 and compete one of the biggest Capital One semi-final comebacks in history. It is unlikely but City have been thrashed in the cup before – losing 8-0 away to Birmingham in April 1896. 118 years later and that kind of result would see the Hammers heading to Wembley.

Guest Len B'stard

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Negredo and Navas, thats what i like to hear!

On a side note Ryan, what do you reckon of Nasri in relation to the rest of your squad?

Lol thought you would like that lineup. Nasri is clearly a very talented player there is no doubt of that. Under mancini he seemed to under perform for the majority of his reign, albeit on the odd occasion perform very well like he did consistently for arsenal in his last year at the club. Maybe he didn't suit mancinis tactics or didn't like what he was being asked to do or just didn't like mancini and his man management. I don't know the ins and outs of it just he seemed to only be playing at 60% but now under pellgrini he is becoming one of our star performers, imo by far the most improved player in our team this season. It's funny how some players play better for one manager rather than another manager isn't it?