The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Not sure you will feel the same when they win the title :P

Yknow i was thinking that moments ago, these are the bastards we're up against, bless their blue souls, not a bad word for em at the moment though :lol: Lopez is sick.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Lol hmm no bad word? Maybe because we are winning a bet for you possibly? Told ya lopez is a good player.

Might have something to do with it, yes :lol:

He wants to play in hole behind striker that's why he's gone or to at least get a game. He wants a free role control everything. With him and kagawa start to have a proper team. Need world class wingers now. If Ronaldo came back and they got messi then they'd have a team. Cavani I get him. He's immense.

I've waited years to find out that the reason they won is bcos Ferguson was a cheat.

Coventry are playing Arsenal in some cup. They don't even get coverage on yahoo anymore so this is like a cup final. After they beat Spurs with a fantastic strike from Gary I've been out celebrating with Jimmy hill.

Guest Len B'stard

But you would, wouldn't you?

What, Mata for Arsenal? Nah, not no more, we got plenty in midfield. if I opted for anything for Arsenal in midfield I'd opt for strength, someone like Yaya Toure, not another midget with twinkle toes (not saying nothing against our midfield midgets, God bless em, love em all!)

And yet most pundits are saying he is exactly the sort of player United need. However he would only paper over the cracks

No they're not, most are agreeing with you.

Edited by sugaraylen

Unsure if buying Mata (if we even could) would solve our current problems.

Gary Neville said something similar. Traditionally we're a team who play with wingers and Moyes likes wing-play. It is difficult to see how Mata might fit in.

On the other hand our wingers have been lacklustre verging on bloody dire at times this season, with the exception of Januzaj when he's out wide. Even if they were better, good teams can (mostly) deal with crosses which means you have to have other outlets. Do we? Not really. We really struggle to unlock stubborn defences, we have since Scholes left. Maybe Mata could be that locksmith.

He certainly couldn't do any worse than Cleverly could he? I see the danger in paying a lot for a quick-fix but it's also painfully obvious we do a have a lot that needs fixing.

Edited by ADPT