The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah but he's handing United something of a life line, itd be in his interest to compound the Moyes era collapse, not give him a leg up.

I mean Mata aint gonna win em the league but hes at very least something of a stabilising influence for their dodgy midfield.

Gerard

Lampard

Rooney

Walcott

Sturridge

Wilshire

Penalty takers? Walcott is injured and missing the World Cup mate.
Still there's five decent enough. It's not that hard. I put 138 consecutive penalties past Peter shilton at the village fair. Granted he was probably pissed but I still won a nice paperweight.

Yeah but he's handing United something of a life line, itd be in his interest to compound the Moyes era collapse, not give him a leg up.

I mean Mata aint gonna win em the league but hes at very least something of a stabilising influence for their dodgy midfield.

Said on daily mail it was a sweetener for Rooney deal in the summer. Mourn bought Matic back for something like 21 mil.

Utd are fully screwed for this season. It's not like they can't buy another mid anyway.

Guest Len B'stard

Gerard

Lampard

Rooney

Walcott

Sturridge

Wilshire

Still there's five decent enough. It's not that hard. I put 138 consecutive penalties past Peter shilton at the village fair. Granted he was probably pissed but I still won a nice paperweight.

You what? :lol:

Gerard

Lampard

Rooney

Walcott

Sturridge

Wilshire

You what? :lol:
A penalty competition. You pay a quid and take penalties until you miss.

Only logic I can see in it is that, now that Chelsea have already played them twice, it gives United a better chance of taking points from Arsenal and City.

I put 138 consecutive penalties past Peter shilton at the village fair. Granted he was probably pissed but I still won a nice paperweight.

:lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I heard Shilton got fired off his last team well into his middle age cuz he couldn't kick the ball past the halfway line :lol: Dunno how true that is, remember someone saying it in school as a kid.

Against Shilton? THE Peter Shilton, are you taking the piss?!?! :lol: How cool is that? :)

He was well past his prime. He gambled all his money away I think. It was weird bcos I met him at a Bryan Robson soccer school 15 years before that as a kid when he played for England. Then he was doing this thing at the fair I guess for charity as the paperweight must have cost about 50p.

Guest Len B'stard

Only logic I can see in it is that, now that Chelsea have already played them twice, it gives United a better chance of taking points from Arsenal and City.

Right but he's looking to be in England long term, right? And United have dominated English football since the early 90s, this is their first season really on the skids, to give em a solid player like Mata, with goals in him, as a basis to start re-building their midfield, surely the Prem top boys would shut them out at least a season or two in terms of transfer favour to ensure that the ship is well and truly sunk. I mean, whatever else they are they're still United, they still got the money to regenerate, why do that, why help em out like that?
Then again, why fuckin' sell em Van Persie :lol: But they weren't where they are now when we gave em Robin.

They were Van p won the prem for them single handed with a little cheating from ferguson.

To be honest of the games they have lost this season with Ferguson he would have forced them to win and they be sitting in 4th at least. They should have bought Bentekke. A bit more power n pace would get them out of a few situations.

It's true though, he let Sky unto his London apartment and they spent the day with him and his mates. He had pictures of Stamford Bridge back in the early 1900's showing an interest in the history - you don't put up pictures of somewhere just because you play for them.

United are built on nasty kick you when your back is turned bullies. It started back with people like Keane, then continued with Rio Ferdinand (world class harasser of Refs, stamps and elbows when the ref isn't looking) and Vidic is the same. Evans is one of the dirtiest I've ever seen in modern football, and I don't need to even go into Rooney.

Then off the pitch Ferdinand is a nasty piece of work, Giggs shags his Sister in Law, Rooney fucks grannies...

Chelsea are no saints, but at least Terry represents the club well (just see sky sports my special day) and I'm devastated to lose such a pleasant character as Mata.

Meanwhile Bulk, sorry, Hulk has just flown into Luton. He can fuck off, spends his wages on burgers by the looks of things.

John Terry represents the club well?

This must be a different one because the John Terry we all know has:

Fined by the club for joking about the 9/11 attacks.

Assaulted a bouncer.

Shagged Wayne Bridge's ex and got her pregnant while he himself was married.

Accused of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Doesn't matter if he was cleared of some of the above things, they hardly do his media image any good and as a result have a negative effect on Chelsea and that is not including his sendings off and crowding the refs as well.

Every team has bad eggs but you can't generalize all of them based on the behavior of a few.

Not really, honestly saying John Terry isn't a bad person? Ashley Cole? Mutu and Bosnich for doing coke?

Every club has players who are bad on and off the pitch and you have listed several United ones.

We can't forget Arsenal who under Wenger had the worst disciplinary record in the Premier League since he took over.

What about Jermain Defoe who has cheated on more girlfriends than tests, Ledley King who hit a bouncer.

Liverpool have Suarez, what about Gerrard who assaulted a DJ and got off?

Every club has cunts with United being no exception but then they also have nice players.