The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

BBC? FA Cup is BT Sport and ITV no? BBC don't have FA Cup back until next year?

Sorry mate, meant to say ITV!

On a side note, absolutely love Roy Keane's punditry...

Edited by NGOG

BBC? FA Cup is BT Sport and ITV no? BBC don't have FA Cup back until next year?

Sorry mate, meant to say ITV!

On a side note, absolutely love Roy Keane's punditry...

I always hope that Keane just punches Adrian Chiles. Couldn't believe it earlier when he got Zola's first name wrong and called him Giancarlo :lol:

As for the ties themselves I think they're too close to call at the moment, comes in the middle of a difficult run for Arsenal though.

In February Arsenal have:

Liverpool

United

Bayern

Liverpool again.

In March they have:

Bayern

Tottenham

Chelsea

Man City.

Guest Len B'stard

What, the mans a cunt, if you're gonna go on national tv and profess 'pure hatred' for a team then don't expect it's supporters to have you on their Christmas card list.

What, the mans a cunt, if you're gonna go on national tv and profess 'pure hatred' for a team then don't expect it's supporters to have you on their Christmas card list.

In the context of being Manchester United's captain.

Hows that make it any better? :lol:

Because it's not like he hates you personally.

For a time, Arsenal were the most dominant team in Britain. And as a warrior, Roy Keane used hatred to go about changing that.

Guest Len B'stard

Hows that make it any better? :lol:

Because it's not like he hates you personally.

For a time, Arsenal were the most dominant team in Britain. And as a warrior, Roy Keane used hatred to go about changing that.

Yeah well i hope it was worth it cuz he's earned the hatred of many a common man behind it. Especially considering now how the manager and all his old teammates mug him off and make him look a prick in their little books.

Especially considering now how the manager and all his old teammates mug him off and make him look a prick in their little books.

Hm, so you suddenly care about the revisionism of Alex Ferguson and his cronies? I couldn't care less what the likes of Gary Neville say about Roy Keane; they couldn't lace the man's boots.

He has more balls in his little finger than any player in United's history.

Wouldn't surprise me Chris, Martinez has them playing very good football and with the draw taking out two of the strongest sides Everton will certainly be up there if they get a good draw for the next round.

Has that ever been done before? Two consecutive FA Cups with different teams?

Wouldn't surprise me Chris, Martinez has them playing very good football and with the draw taking out two of the strongest sides Everton will certainly be up there if they get a good draw for the next round.

Has that ever been done before? Two consecutive FA Cups with different teams?

Don't believe so but I can't say that I know for sure. Certainly not in recent memory.

Guest Len B'stard

Do you think Keane cares?

Yeah, i think he does, he commented about it enough. Why he's even planning his own special little book with which to hit back with, yeah, I'd say that constitutes caring a whole lot.

Guest Len B'stard

Especially considering now how the manager and all his old teammates mug him off and make him look a prick in their little books.

Hm, so you suddenly care about the revisionism of Alex Ferguson and his cronies? I couldn't care less what the likes of Gary Neville say about Roy Keane; they couldn't lace the man's boots.

He has more balls in his little finger than any player in United's history.

I was pointing out that the team he was so proud of enough for it to warrant a hatred for my team now hate him, i don't see how that constitutes caring about Fergies opinion.

And as far as couldn't lace his boots, what, Alex Ferguson couldn't lace Roy Keanes boots? Sorry, how did Keane get on as a football manager again, remind me?

Roy keane is a dickhead plain and simple. Doing punditry because he failed as a manager.

Says the City fan. :lol:

He had a good first season with Sunderland but then things went downhill. He's admitted himself that he has a lot to learn; hence his acceptance of working under Martin O'Neill with ROI.

Guest Len B'stard

i think he does, he commented about it enough.

Only when he was asked to. And reluctantly.

So who asked him to write the book then? :lol: Is he gonna do that reluctantly as well?

Roy keane is a dickhead plain and simple. Doing punditry because he failed as a manager.

Says the City fan. :lol:

He had a good first season with Sunderland but then things went downhill. He's admitted himself that he has a lot to learn; hence his acceptance of working under Martin O'Neill with ROI.

Whats the difference between being shit and having a lot to learn? :lol:

i don't see how that constitutes caring about Fergies opinion.

Because Fergie is a cult personality at United and everything he says goes. The only reason why they suddenly "hate" Keane is because Fergie does.

They seem to forget nights like the 1999 semi-final against Juventus.

i think he does, he commented about it enough.

Only when he was asked to. And reluctantly.

So who asked him to write the book then? :lol: Is he gonna do that reluctantly as well?

Would you not want to set the record straight? Have you no pride?

Whats the difference between being shit and having a lot to learn? :lol:

He has a lot of the qualities to be a successful manager. They just need honed by somebody like O'Neill.

Guest Len B'stard

Because Fergie is a cult personality at United and everything he says goes. The only reason why they suddenly "hate" Keane is because Fergie does.

They seem to forget nights like the 1999 semi-final against Juventus.

OR…he's a massive cunt that no one parts company with with a good word for him.

Would you not want to set the record straight? Have you no pride?

Well it answers Totts's comment about whether or not he cares.

Yeah, i think he does, he commented about it enough. Why he's even planning his own special little book with which to hit back with, yeah, I'd say that constitutes caring a whole lot.

Don't think he really cares personally, didn't seem too bothered when it was brought up in Keane and Viera: Best of Enemies.

Guest Len B'stard

Don't think he really cares personally, didn't seem too bothered when it was brought up in Keane and Viera: Best of Enemies.

But he's gonna write the book anyway :lol: