The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Away from the professional game- just had a shocker of a match, 4 crosses of which I couldn't reach 1, then put all 3 others wide or over.

Even tried a shot like that Sturridge over the shoulder lob in the Mersey derby, naturally I put that wide!

I don't think anybody is going to pass to me next week...

Guest Len B'stard

I'll tell you now for free mate he fuckin' will because if he opens up you lot will chop him up. He's gonna soak up pressure and try and hit you on the counter. Agueros out for your lot which is not a good thing but fuck me you've got a strong enough side. Who else is out, Nasri, he's a fuckin' wanker anyway. He ain't showing up to the Ethihad looking to go head on though, he'd have to be stupid. It'll either be a very tight controlled affair that City win or Chelsea open up and City open them up and just start scoring all over the shop, letting a few in too but still winning by a two goal margin.

Guest Len B'stard

In Chrises defence, when he says something he explains why and how he came to his conclusion and it's difficult to dispute 99% of the time.

I'm looking for a Chelsea win here. A draw preferably but a Chelsea win would do too. Just don't see it though. Come on Hazard, gimme a fuckin' hatrick here.

Edited by sugaraylen

I think that Toure will boss the game. If we look back across the last 5-6 games, Toures mobility and power have been key. You could say that is because Lampard isn't the type of player to combat Toure, and often Chelsea use Mikel to try and break things up (Mikel is not the man to stop Toure though)

I'm interested by the use of Luiz, Matic and Mikel as a 3. It's more of a traditional Jose-Chelsea formation, with 2 hard working wide men supporting a lone central striker.

I think Ramires has the pace to get Chelsea's midfield out of trouble, and Luiz has a passing range that can easily occupy any opposition midfield. Matic may be the weak link in that he hasn't been fully integrated, but judging by his general play in the first 2 games there have been signs to say he can do a good job.

Second half changes?

Ba/Etoo is a natural swap, and you also have Oscar for Luiz/Ramires/Matic depending how the game is progressing.

I would much rather have had Torres up front tonight though.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I just had a divine revelation, Chelsea are gonna win

I just saw Snoop on a moneysupermarket ad, now i know im mash up but what the fuck was that?!? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

SO I GUESS YOU GUYS HAVE HEARD ALREADY BUT IN CASE NOT,,, BOMBER BROWN GOT THE SAXK TODAY,,, I GENUINLLY FEEL BAD FOR HIM BUT I SUPPOSE IT WAS COMING GETTING SICK OF THIS THO DUNDEE ARE JOINT TOP THEY DID THIS TOO MCORMINCK AND SCOTT AND DODDS TOO IM HOPING FOR BONETTI OR MARADONNA AND CANIGGIE , PROBLY BE HARTLEY THO (SADFACE)

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' outplaying em if you ask me...and not by way of negative football either.

OH WILLIAN!!! Cahill even!! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen