The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Little horse my arse, on their day they could do any team in the world and fair play to em. If they don't win the champions league at least once during this Mourinho tenure then I'm a monkeys uncle, watch.

It's interesting how the psychology of managers has changed since Mancini pioneered reverse psychology. Before, every manager was either declaring their confidence of clinching a title (and playing down the chances of others), or saying nothing at all. Now, every manager is eager to rule their team out. :lol:

It's almost like nobody is competing for the EPL, in theory!

Edited by NGOG

We were simply not good enough today, the result I mean as I didn't see the game. Will download and watch later as I do with the few games I miss. No disrespect to norwich but we should be beating them at a canter. Yeah we beat them 7-0 at home and of course it's going to be more difficult away I appreciate that but we should, if we are title contenders, be able to break them down. Players should have been well up for this game after the previous game.

"Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world". I actually can't stand Michael Owen's commentary.

Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world; so far this season he has scored at almost exactly the same rate as Aguero, in fact, and has scored 25 goals in 30 league games since joining Liverpool (and 6 of those games were as a sub).

Totally agree about Owen though - complete cock.

Acky2013.jpg
Edited by PappyTron

"Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world". I actually can't stand Michael Owen's commentary.

Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world; so far this season he has scored at almost exactly the same rate as Aguero, in fact, and has scored 25 goals in 30 league games since joining Liverpool (and 6 of those games were as a sub).

Totally agree about Owen though - complete cock.

Acky2013.jpg

I still don't regard Sturridge as one of the best strikers in the world, but fuck am I glad to see you back.

I think that it's the same old, same old - when an English player does something great it makes half the news that a foreign player gets. Sturridge is every bit as good as Aguero when it comes to putting the ball in the net but Aguero gets ranted and raved about more. The same is true with Januzaj and Sterling; Sterling's stats are all superior, yet Januzaj gets talked about like he's the greatest player on earth.

Here's a comparison;

Daniel Sturridge - 25 in 31
Sergio Aguero - 25 in 40

Sturridge is a very, very good striker; very clinical, has great feet and awareness and is a badass dancer.

Lmao how many has sturridge scored against the best? Aka the champions league. We can debate stats all we want but aguero is a far superior player in every aspect. Don't get me wrong good player with the big head to match but not the complete player like aguero quite yet.

Edited by Ryan95

Lmao how many has sturridge scored against the best? Aka the champions league. We can debate stats all we want but aguero is a far superior player in every aspect. Don't get me wrong good player with the big head to match but not the complete player like aguero quite yet.

Far superior? Hardly. They are both brilliant players, which was all that I was saying. Put it this way; if you were to draw up a list of the 10 best strikers in the world, based on this season, then Sturridge and Aguero would both be on it.

Well you made it sound like you was implying sturridge was the better striker sir and imo that is in no way true. I wouldn't swap aguero for anyone.

Put it this way; some people still think that Welbeck is a better player than Sturridge...!

I ignore all football opinion of said people.

Sturridge has been better than Welbeck since Chelsea loaned him to Bolton. He was decent at Chelsea on the day but his decisions on pass or shoot were awful, that's been erased now and he's IMO the best English striker right now.

• Like 1

With Sturridge, Welbeck, Rooney, Sterling, Walcott, Oxlade, Llana, Barkley. England have better team options than I thought.

With Gerrard, Wilshire and Henderson in mid. It's almost a decent team.

Sturridge actually the best player.