The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Oscar hasn't had that much impact in the last few weeks - did you notice he was missing against Manchester City?

No i didn't now i think about it :lol: It's funny, every prediction website i've looked at has predictions of 4-0 or 2-0 to Chelsea and every Chelsea supporter i've asked (admittedly you and just one black bloke i know) and you're touch and go about it and he was like 'put it this way, we won't leave there having lost, we'll draw or win, i think we'll draw cuz they'll be up for it, but we won't lose'.

I'm still considering Chelsea to win. Mind, West Brom are the team that have done me out of the most money in one sitting gambling-wise so i should probably be wary.

Edited by sugaraylen

Never mentioned, I'm a Celtic (and Greenock Morton) fan - but watch alot of BPL footy... some interesting results at the weekend there, was on my stagg do and we managed to catch both the Celtic v Aberdeen game (gutted) and the Liverpool Arsenal game with a mixture of Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Arsenal & Liverpool fans, gd fun. Anyone, I said at the start of the season Chelsea are winning it, and I still think they will, they've been going about their business under the radar a bit, but the Mourinho effect will pull them over the line at the end. Crackin' season though :)

p.s. keep the tips coming, wish I stuck a few quid on that Hazard hat-trick shout!!

Guest Len B'stard

Upon reflection, Aletico vs Real in Copa Del Ray looks a much better punt for the following reasons. Real have an agg lead right, so Athletico gotta come for blood and they got the firepower to register goals, plus they're at home so that bodes well for em. And Real are Real, Bale, Ronaldo, all them boys, gotta register at least one...and its like 8/11 odds.

Edited by sugaraylen

I was reading an article that said that Ozil is basically a £42m flop. It's funny, really, when a player who was so lauded after his first few games can be then regarded as a flop after another handful.

Arsenal is the worst destination for any top player. Ozil is one of the best, but he isn't gonna win anything there. Arsenal has a long history of burned top players.

Guest Len B'stard

At the risk of paraphrasing a certain Mr Keegan, i'll fuckin' love if we win something this year, absolutely fuckin' love it, 'long history of burned top players' my arse, we fuckin' make top players, always have done.

Guest Len B'stard

What, name just one top player Arsenal have made? Easy, Cesc Fabregas. Would you like another? Robin Van Persie. How about Ashley Cole? How'd you like Thierry Henry? Yes he was with the world cup winning squad but it was Wenger and Wengers vision that converted him from a winger to the goal scoring machine that Barcelona bought, having established himself, under Arsenal, as one of the greatest players the Premier League has ever seen.

Edited by sugaraylen

What, name just one top player Arsenal have made? Easy, Cesc Fabregas. Would you like another? Robin Van Persie. How about Ashley Cole? How'd you like Thierry Henry? Yes he was with the world cup winning squad but it was Wenger and Wengers vision that converted him from a winger to the goal scoring machine that Barcelona bought, having established himself, under Arsenal, as one of the greatest players the Premier League has ever seen.

Cesc Fabregas is a product from La Mansia. Van Persie and Henry, both they have to got out of Arsenal in order to win something relevant. Cole? He's Cole cos he got to play in Chelsea along with a great team and a great coach.

Wenger.. maybe the biggest problem in Arsenal.

Guest Len B'stard
Cesc Fabregas is a product from La Mansia

So, effectively, you're saying that he was, at age 16 when Arsenal got him, at the same place he was when they sold him as a 25 yr old? Thats ridiculous. If he was that fuckin' good just off of being a product of their youth system they wouldn't've sold him, he was a prospect then and nothing more.

Van Persie and Henry, both they have to got out of Arsenal in order to win something relevant.

So what are you saying, no trophy in England is relevant? :lol: And even if that was true they were still made the player that they were by their years at Arsenal, the Henry that Barcelona bought was made that Henry by his years and his work at Arsenal, hence my saying they were made into top players at Arsenal. Thats gotta be the best though, 'something relevant', so what, only La Liga titles and the Champions League are relevant accolades of football? If thats the case whys Van Persie getting credit, he only won the worthless Premier League title.

Cole? He's Cole cos he got to play in Chelsea along with a great team and a great coach.

Yeah, cuz that makes sense eh? This great manager bought a shit Arsenal player to his great team and made him a star, hmm, yes, cuz thats how investing in players works, doesn't it? This is football we're talking about, not fuckin' Pop Idol. We're talking about the same Ashley Cole that was on the Invincibles Arsenal squad yeah? So what the fuck are you talkin' about? :lol:

Wenger.. maybe the biggest problem in Arsenal.

The most successful manager in our history is a problem yeah? OK :lol:
Edited by sugaraylen

Take it easy dude, never said shit players. I said TOP players that they got to leave Arsenal in order to win something relevant. Ozil is great, but he's in Arsenal now.

Something tells me that nobody even in England gives a Fuck if Arsenal wins the Premier, FA CUP or whatever they got playing. Just an opinion.

Guest Len B'stard

No, your question was name just one top player Arsenal have made. Everyone calls us a feeder club and then you hear stuff like this, that we don't make any top players, well it's gotta be one or the fuckin' other hasn't it, you can't have it both ways, thats why people like Robin and Cesc and Henry were bought by the clubs they were bought by, cuz they were top top players.

No, your question was name just one top player Arsenal have made. Everyone calls us a feeder club and then you hear stuff like this, that we don't make any top players, well it's gotta be one or the fuckin' other hasn't it, you can't have it both ways, thats why people like Robin and Cesc and Henry were bought by the clubs they were bought by, cuz they were top top players.

They weren't originally from Arsenal. I can't think of any top player that come out from the youth team of Arsenal, that's why im asking.

Fabregas was in the same sub team that brought us Messi, Iniesta and Pique to name a few.

Barcelona kept some rights in the negotiations with Fabregas, never let him 100% free.

Dennis Berkamp was one of the best, but he was playing in Arsenal.

Guest Len B'stard

See now you're saying something a lot more acute and specific, now you're asking what top players have come out of Arsenals youth team set up, Tony Adams, Charlie George, Liam Brady, Pat Rice, Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fabregas, David Rocastle?

See now you're saying something a lot more acute and specific, now you're asking what top players have come out of Arsenals youth team set up, Tony Adams, Charlie George, Liam Brady, Pat Rice, Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fabregas, David Rocastle?

The only top player there is Fabregas, and he comes from La Masia. That's were he was formed as a football player.

Guest Len B'stard

Can i just ask, what in your opinion makes you a top player? And as far as Fabregas, if you check your history, he went from Barcelonas youth set up to Arsenals, not straight to their first team therefore my statement is accurate. My understanding of a top player is that if you win silverware, you get called up to play for your country, that means you're a top player, whats your definition, what, fuckin' World Cup winner? I suppose Jack Wilshere you could sling out of the list by that definition but the rest are all applicable, all internationals, all won silverware on a club level in the top league, what else makes you a top player?

Edited by sugaraylen

Can i just ask, what in your opinion makes you a top player? And as far as Fabregas, if you check your history, he went from Barcelonas youth set up to Arsenals, not straight to their first team therefore my statement is accurate. My understanding of a top player is that if you win silverware, you get called up to play for your country, that means you're a top player, whats your definition, what, fuckin' World Cup winner?

Ha, chill man.

You already know what a top player is. Arsenal never came up with a top player from the youth team.(at least i can't remember one).

Guest Len B'stard

I know I do, i don't think you do though, unless you're suggesting a top player is some sort of 10 man elite out of every generation of players, in which case, you're a moron :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I know I do, i don't think you do though, unless you're suggesting a top player is some sort of 10 man elite out of every generation of players, in which case, you're a moron :lol:

I'm from Argentina. Enough said.

What, you lost the Fawklands? :lol: I don't see how thats relevant, nor should it be shorthand for 'moron'.

Edited by sugaraylen

What, you lost the Fawklands? :lol: I don't see how thats relevant, nor should it be shorthand for 'moron'.

Ha, that's right, when you are an Arsenal fan, you just can't talk about football. It's like playing chess with a monkey. What's the next move, talk about Belgrano? Economics?

Still, this thread is about football. Gladly join you in the WAR/POLITICS thread.

Guest Len B'stard

Ha, that's right, when you are an Arsenal fan, you just can't talk about football. It's like playing chess with a monkey. What's the next move, talk about Belgrano? Economics?

Still, this thread is about football. Gladly join you in the WAR/POLITICS thread.

'I'm from Argentina, enough said' wasn't it exactly clearly a comment relating to football, was it? :lol: Wanna know what playing Chess with a monkey is? Playing chess with a monkey is this:

Russell: Arsenal don't make no top players!

Len: Yes, they do! *lists top players*

Russell: Wait, no, i mean youth team players!

Len: Alright then *lists youth team players*

Russell: They ain't top players!

Len: Why not, they played for their countries, won silverware and all that

Russell: Yeah but I'm from Argentina

:huh: