The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

For a 60,000 capacity stadium it's so quiet at the emirates.

I dunno, i heard the Arsenal chant a shitload, i heard FAT GRANNY SHAGGER, YOU'RE JUST A FAT GRANNY SHAGGER pretty loud when Rooney got stroppy and YOU'RE A CUNT ROBIN YOURE A CUNT OH ROBIN YOU'RE A CUNT too :lol:

Shit game though, two teams trying not to score, i mean to be back passing from behind the halfway line with a minute to go, do you wanna play or what?

Why was City and the mackems called off, weather?

http://www.sslazio.it/news/news/1-news/4453-comunicato1.html

Lazio's statement.

Is it an issue of race, if another African player's age is queried?

It's a bit like that African sprinter having her gender questioned after dominating the 2009 World Championships. Caster Semenya?

For me, it's just an aesthetic observation. Harsh, but you can't stop it.

Pretty sure her gender was questioned before - that just exacerbated things :lol:

Yeah, it's true - I just wonder whether we do the same for players from other cultures too, or if it's one of those casual things that because it's happened before, we suspect it now...

Guest Len B'stard

In the context of English football Wenger has achieved more than you Jose so sit down and shut the fuck up ;) Wenger revolutionised Arsenal in a way that few managers have ever for a team. Weren't quite a Cloughian revolution but the closest modern day equivalent that I can think of.

Jose hooks up with teams that give him shitloads of money and then he just plays fuckin' Championship Manager in cheat mode…and no one can stand the bastard, he's never managing no team for the long haul like people like Wenger, none of it's in his blood, he's a mercenary and an arselicker when it suits his purposes like oh i love the English game and blah blah blah and it's like fuck off you cunt, you wanna fuckin' psychologise your players that up to you but don't treat the public like they're stupid.

Wenger actually manages teams, having money thrown at you then building your own fantasy best 11 ain't fuckin' management, Jose Mourinho is all about whats best for Jose Mourinho, never his team, thats why he left Real with every last player hating his fuckin' guts, cuz he's a cunt and every time he opens his mouth he proves it.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't like him but that don't stop him from being full of shit quite often.

Guest Len B'stard

I like him overall, he's got the personality of a cunt but thats what makes him interesting and like…entertaining at least to have in the English game. That and he's a brilliant manager, I'd be stupid to say he wasn't but at the same time he could be said, to some degree, to be the product of solid financial backing.

I think, to be a great manager (or even player) you gotta have that one team that you're synonymous with and be there over a broad period of time and stick it out and produce the goods. Chelsea could be that for Jose I suppose.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

It did strike me as a clear Pappiavelian manoeuvre i must say :lol: His gob hangs like my Nans when she's putting the steradent on her false choppers.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't like him but that don't stop him from being full of shit quite often.

In this case though, there's a good ring of truth to what he saying, if Wenger were anywhere else there's no way they'd let him stay after not winning anything for that long. Moron may love 'em and leave 'em, but he leaves 'em with silverware.

Guest Len B'stard

In this case though, there's a good ring of truth to what he saying, if Wenger were anywhere else there's no way they'd let him stay after not winning anything for that long. Moron may love 'em and leave 'em, but he leaves 'em with silverware.

His longevity and consistently maintaining top 4 finishes for Arsenal despite a less than top drawer squad is precisely why he still has his job, the board know what they give em and respect what he does with it. The achievement of Wengers last 8 years is beautifully illustrated by Moyes performance at the moment, he's got a sub-par United on his hands, lets see if he makes a top 4 finish, he's not doing to well with em thus far.

The board can't fire him because the board are the architects of his predicament and they are aware of it and are grateful for him to keep the team up top whilst they pay for all the expansion thats gone on. This is the first season in ages that he's had something in the piggy bank and, thus far, he's done reasonably well I'd say.

Mourinho loves them and leaves them, yeah but he's loving them while he's up to his neck in transfer funds, I'd like to see him do what Wenger has done with Arsenal.

Chelsea to win today i reckon.

Edited by sugaraylen