The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone else watching this Barca game? 6-0, Messi's broken God knows what fuckin' record and Neymars just scored an absolute screamer just now. If they are like this against City...

Didn't Leeds do something similar one season?

I always under estimate bayern and that player, the rapist one. He's looked knackered for a few seasons and really has control over the ball.

Didn't Leeds do something similar one season?

I always under estimate bayern and that player, the rapist one. He's looked knackered for a few seasons and really has control over the ball.

Guest Len B'stard

Nah thats Forrest you're thinkin' of...and they didn't get as far as long as my lot :) Bayern are not the kiddies to be underestimating, they are fucking brilliant, they were fucking brilliant last season...and they've improved since.

Guest Len B'stard

But I think of them as being shit. I watch bundesliga games cos they are on sort of prem style ish football. They win but its more by force than like barca.

Bayern kill Barca with the directness, they don't allow them to fanny about on the ball and thats central to Barcas game. It looks really thought out and intricate but it only really is in the final third, the rest of it is just lots of little short passes to put the opposition to sleep, Bayern just cut em out, pass sharp, exploit the space at the back due to the fact Barca have no real fuckin' defenders and just put em to sleep. It's why I gave City a bit of a chance here cuz City are kinda like Bayern lite style-wise in much the same way Arsenal are like Barca lite. But City ain't as organised as Bayern, they have a tendency to get a bit scattered at times.

Liverpool will finish 4th, but Manchester United will win the Champions League and prevent them being in the top tier competition.

Who else would find that hilarious?

No, it'd make me weep. I want Liverpool to do well, i like em, they're a great club, great history, a well put together squad thats basically the result of good management and they've got the talent to be a real force in English football, they are a real force in English football and always have been, their history is something to be fuckin' proud of, on their day, on the front foot they are breathtaking

Teams i wanna see do well in the league (apart from the obvious) are Liverpool, Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Everton, Swansea, Cardiff, all for various reasons, mostly footballing reasons.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1