The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

To be fair, I think that Messi and Ronaldo only smash up La Liga because the teams outside of the top two or three are so weak. Not saying that they aren't phenomenal player, as they obviously are, it's just a little too much of a coincidence that all of the best goal scoring records are held in Spain.

To be fair, I think that Messi and Ronaldo only smash up La Liga because the teams outside of the top two or three are so weak. Not saying that they aren't phenomenal player, as they obviously are, it's just a little too much of a coincidence that all of the best goal scoring records are held in Spain.

agreed, la liga's level is low. but let's not forget that messi will soon hold the champions league scoring record, which has nothing to do with la liga.

ronaldo's stats demonstrate that he scores much more in spain than in england:

man. utd:

2003-04 -> 4

2004-05 -> 5

2005-06 -> 9

2006-07 -> 17

2007-08 -> 31

2008-09 -> 18

Total: 228

madrid:

2009-10 -> 26

2010-11 -> 40

2011-12 -> 46

2012-13 -> 34

2013-14 -> 22

Total: 255

Guest Len B'stard

Barca vs City, i'm fuckin' pumped, whatcha reckon kids? I think it's fuckin' evens to either way, City have the talent and the playing style to do a bayern on them but at the same time, fuck me, have you seen the Barca squad lately, Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Pedro, El Capitain, even Alexis has started to liven himself up...Puyol is back to, it's like the Barca of old, it ain't gonna be a tense and nervy bore of a game unless these two teams turn up and play completely out of fuckin' character.

Thinkin' to stick a few quid on both teams to score, seems a safe bet.

Fernandinho being back in training yesterday is a big plus for us, we saw what happened the other week against chelsea without him in the middle. Doubt he will play all the match mind. Kompany needs to have a good game to stop Messi, as he still is the best in the world regardless of form and injuries recently. No Aguero barring a miracle is a big miss for us but as shown against Bayern we can still do it without him, definitely both teams to score. Barca don't do parking the bus and we don't stop attacking at home so this is definitely going to live up to the hype imo. Can't wait to see my team in knockout champions league games, CUM ON CITY!!! MAKE ME A PROUD BLUE TONIGHT!!

Edited by Ryan95

Guest Len B'stard

I reckon Barca will edge it. I really don't want them to but they've just this minute stepped up in form, I mean did ya see em last week? They were wonderful. And City are weird like that, they appear to get oddly jaded in these little bouts mid season, not quite the total fold of Arsenal and such but...i dunno, i don't wanna call em bottlers or anything cuz they're not but...it's a helluva thing, that big stage, they don't always show up. The shame about it is you know they got the goods, it's just inexplicable, they seem to just turn off a bit and drop stupid points, points that you know they can take, points that they SHOULD take.

Lovely to see an English team do Barca and do well though...as long as it ain't United and lets face it, there ain't been a risk of that happening since forever :lol: Don't quite see it happening but it's more than possible. Out of the English teams i reckon Chelsea are gonna do well, watch, everyones gonna be going on about every other team, City and their chances, Arsenal and their underdog thing...and nice and quiet Chelsea are gonna slip into a semi final through the backdoor.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Pretty much everyone on the City squad has got goals in em on some level, even your Zabaletas and Kompanys knock em in when the moment calls for it, but that midfield, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, they got more goals in em than most strikeforces. Yaya, probably my favorite City player behind Aguero and Navas knocks in absolute peach free kicks reasonably frequently, the boys certainly got a shot on him.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

History will remember Messi as the greatest football player to ever live, i truly believe that, the boy is phenomenal.

Vince McMahon off of WWF is looking to buy Newcastle :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

He's crackin' records that people took entire careers to create...not just people, legends took entire careers to make. Fuck knows where his stats'll be at (and how the fuck anybody is gonna touch em) when the books closed on him. People that rate Ronaldo on his level dunno what they're talking about. CR7 I'm talking about here.

Then again to be among those boys you need to win the World Cup with your country, not that that'll make a difference if he ends up shattering every record known to mankind but people'll always bring it up if he doesn't.

Edited by sugaraylen

He's crackin' records that people took entire careers to create...not just people, legends took entire careers to make. Fuck knows where his stats'll be at (and how the fuck anybody is gonna touch em) when the books closed on him. People that rate Ronaldo on his level dunno what they're talking about. CR7 I'm talking about here.

Then again to be among those boys you need to win the World Cup with your country, not that that'll make a difference if he ends up shattering every record known to mankind but people'll always bring it up if he doesn't.

100% correct.

Guest Len B'stard

Come on, lets have some predictions here, no ones committing themselves, Barca v City, lets have ya, predictions please!

I say (though it pains me) Barca. This is talking about tonight here, not over two legs (although i believe it'll be them over two legs too but i mean specifically talking about this leg).

Whatcha reckon?