The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Demicheles is a liability, always has been. Don't know why pellgrini favours him over lescott, I really don't. Thought the ref (not being bias) was a tad on the barca side tbh, plus as awful as demicheles was that foul was outside the box.

So I see Barca were denied a handball penalty and there was a wrongly disallowed goal.

That's -2 so the +1 for the Penalty that was a foul outside the box...

Says to me that Barca were unlucky?

(Didn't see the whole match, just saw Demichelis being a liability as he has all season)

So we won't score wasted coz aguero isn't playing? Yeah that makes sense because scoring with or without aguero has been our problem this year?? We shall see tonight mate

It's just a wild stab in the dark. Almost like a complete guess. City won't score against Barca without Aguero. I've been wrong before. I hope City win bcos I don't like barca much.

Oh shit I was right. Sorry man.

Well at least as a city fan my head is held high as barca won but we were not outclassed by barca until demicheles did what he did. For all their possesion we had the more dangerous chances until the penalty. We have only been outclassed by bayern at ours this term and that should of been more than 3-1.

Guest Len B'stard

There were 10 German bombers in the air

There were 10 German bombers

10 German bombers

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

The RAF Gunners shot one down

And the RAF Gunners shot one down

And the RAF Gunners

RAF Gunners

The RAF Gunners shot one down

Two world wars and one world cup, bring em on, the royal Arsenal awaits, whoose afraid of the big bad Huns? No one in North London :) I hear Ribery ain't playing cuz he burst a blood vessel in his arse, suprised it weren't the big varicose one running across his forehead, the ugly cunt.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Well at least as a city fan my head is held high as barca won but we were not outclassed by barca until demicheles did what he did. For all their possesion we had the more dangerous chances until the penalty. We have only been outclassed by bayern at ours this term and that should of been more than 3-1.

There was nothing in it until that penalty. And alright DeMichaelis is a bit naff sometimes but fuckssake, what was he meant to do, just let Messi run with it? If he'd've done that that would've been worse cuz you know he was just scooping that over Hart, the only thing he did wrong was not commiting to the tackle a split moment beforehand, quite frankly Messi tumbled into the box, it's arguable that he was actually taken down in it, he was doin' his fuckin' job really, wouldn't you've taken him out, what else you gonna do, let him score? Just fuckin' bad luck man, missed a couple of good uns, Dzeko weren't exactly on point like he should've been, bit clumsy last night but quite frankly before that pen it was anyones fuckin' game, you could take a shitload of positives from that, you didn't just fold in front of em.

Oh don't worry man I am taking the positives, we are not that far behind. Yep of course he had to commit to the challenge and I would be lambasting him if he hadn't. Just frustrating that pellgrini keeps sticking with him, don't get me wrong he did ok first half but there's always that underlying fear of a slip up from him. Would rather had Lescott alongside Kompany as they were great against Chelsea on saturday. Should have really bought a centre half in january, definitely going to need another in the summer when lescott leaves. Dzeko is nearly as frustating as Demicheles.

Edited by Ryan95

Guest Len B'stard

My obligatory arrogance and wilfully ridiculous xenaphobia towards Germans aside, we're gonna get fuckin' mullered really, aren't we? :lol: At least your lot put together serious concerted attack over the course of 90 mins, they're gonna fuckin' run over us. I hope not and i will be on my knees screaming at the telly (tried for tickets) but I just don't see it mate, if I'm honest. Been watching these bastards play for about 3 seasons pretty regular and they are shit-hot. Your lot turned em over on the day but thats the thing with your lot, you got so much quality and that kinda quality that it only takes a moment or two of brillance and a game can turn on its head. I had both teams to score last night and i was optimistic right up until the last minute that your boys'd slot one away. But Arsenal? Look how they been responding to sustained attack from the top level this season. 6-3 to your lot, 5-1 to Liverpool, a United and Chelsea that decided not to show up we only managed to wrangle draws out of, when these bastards turn it on they're gonna cut right through us.

Still, it's a game, 90 mins, anything can happen, onwards with optimism! (oozing out of me innit? :lol:)

Edited by sugaraylen

Oh don't worry man I am taking the positives, we are not that far behind. Yep of course he had to commit to the challenge and I would be lambasting him if he hadn't. Just frustrating that pellgrini keeps sticking with him, don't get me wrong he did ok first half but there's always that underlying fear of a slip up from him. Would rather had Lescott alongside Kompany as they were great against Chelsea on saturday. Should have really bought a centre half in january, definitely going to need another in the summer when lescott leaves. Dzeko is nearly as frustating as Demicheles.

Of course you let Messi run, you are the last man and if you hit him you are going to see the red one. You let him shoot and he can still miss or get blocked by the goalkeeper.

It's fucking Messi we are talking about here, he doesn't dive. If he's down on the box(or near by) is equal to a penalty in most cases.

Messi miss? Cum on man get real, you honestly think messi would of missed? Coz I don't share that sentiment as romantic as it seems. Well I'm cheering for arsenal tonight mate, any team against german opposition and as you say it's a 90 minute game and anything can happen. The players have to raise their respective games against arguably the best team in the world, this is what finishing in the top 4 is all about challenging your team against the best.