The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

It's kinda why i got a soft spot for City sometimes, its nice to see someone destroy United like you lot, was it 6-2 that one day? The sheer fact that you get on their fuckin' tits so much :lol:

But yeah, 8-2 fuck me…that, Blackburn, Bradford, dropping a 4 goal lead to Newcastle, these are some of the severely galling moments of recent years.

Don't forget Birmingham in the League Cup final :P

Shocking ref.

Lost count of the amount of times that the Ref made mistakes or was generally inconsistent.

That Bentallep (sp?) guy was booked less than 10 minutes in for breaking up the counter attack. Obvious yellow in 90% of the times. No issue there.

10 minutes later, Matic does it - no yellow. Then another Spurs player (Sandro?) got booked for the same thing. Then a Spurs player didn't get booked for it.

The penalty - I think it has already been said.

All I ask is that a Referee is unbiased in his approach to both teams and consistent in his decision making. Michael Oliver managed Part 1, but was a mile away for Part 2.

Guest Len B'stard

It's kinda why i got a soft spot for City sometimes, its nice to see someone destroy United like you lot, was it 6-2 that one day? The sheer fact that you get on their fuckin' tits so much :lol:

But yeah, 8-2 fuck me…that, Blackburn, Bradford, dropping a 4 goal lead to Newcastle, these are some of the severely galling moments of recent years.

Don't forget Birmingham in the League Cup final :P

Yes, thank you, how can i forget :lol: Anymore there? My Gran died a few years back, would you like you talk about that too? :lol: Our ones are jokes though, aren't they? To ridiculous teams like Bradford and Birmingham and that :lol: Dunno what I'm fuckin' laughing at.

• Like 1

Shocking ref.

Lost count of the amount of times that the Ref made mistakes or was generally inconsistent.

That Bentallep (sp?) guy was booked less than 10 minutes in for breaking up the counter attack. Obvious yellow in 90% of the times. No issue there.

10 minutes later, Matic does it - no yellow. Then another Spurs player (Sandro?) got booked for the same thing. Then a Spurs player didn't get booked for it.

The penalty - I think it has already been said.

All I ask is that a Referee is unbiased in his approach to both teams and consistent in his decision making. Michael Oliver managed Part 1, but was a mile away for Part 2.

Completely agreed Chris. Worst part is that we were robbed of a good game because of it. At the end of the game a Chelsea played was booked and Oliver held up his hand and said it was his fifth challenge, then other times he was booking players on both sides after one.

Guest Len B'stard

Chris has got some class, i'll give him that, if that was my lot I wouldn't be that brutally honest, I'd be like 'fuck you! fuck your security!' :D

Well the game is done, I would be ranting and raving if Chelsea had been on the bad end of a referee. Today was just appalling though - nowhere near top level standard.

I'll also add that the game could have been finished in the first minute when Eto'o was brought down by Lloris - Eto'o was actually ONSIDE, and the Linesman saved Spurs from being a man down with 89 to play.

Well the game is done, I would be ranting and raving if Chelsea had been on the bad end of a referee. Today was just appalling though - nowhere near top level standard.

I'll also add that the game could have been finished in the first minute when Eto'o was brought down by Lloris - Eto'o was actually ONSIDE, and the Linesman saved Spurs from being a man down with 89 to play.

Knowing the ref he would have booked Lloris and nothing more.

Guest Len B'stard

I'd love to help but i know exactly fuck all about football boots skip. Certainly look the bollocks though :)

I'd love to help but i know exactly fuck all about football boots skip. Certainly look the bollocks though :)

They're retro Predators so they're a good boot. Do you approve of its aesthetic then? Cheers. :)

Guest Len B'stard

Oh yeah, aesthetically they look sick :) Got a touch of the Thriller video about them haven't they? :lol: They look great so if it's a good boot i'd have it.

Not a fan personally, I liked the more traditional Black boot with red and white - check out the Predator Absolute for what I mean.

I agree with you about the colour; but the Absolutes are rank mate.